SiouxSports.com Forum

Niagara Falls into Grand Forks

Wilbur

God Bless Doug Woog but I remember him 20 years ago when UND was going to play them in the first round of the ncaa's saying...."

Doug Woog:  "UND is playing Nigeria!"

Last time I checked Africa has NO DI Hockey teams - I miss the woooger:-)

peace!

• Upvote 4

#8 isn't Nick but he is pretty good. Very impressed with him last night.

Gaber is so fun to watch. IMO he's got a little bit of Trupp in him

Jake's skill level is just sick....as the kids would say.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

#8 isn't Nick but he is pretty good. Very impressed with him last night.

Gaber is so fun to watch. IMO he's got a little bit of Trupp in him

Jake's skill level is just sick....as the kids would say.

I also thought that the Jamernik line looked good last night.

3 D-man scored last night. Look for that trend to continue. 

Moore has offensive and play reading capabilities, saw enough of a sample size last year. He came down in the slot in a play in the first period, and UND (can’t recall who) player didn’t get him the puck. A great offensive read on his end.

Jandric only a matter of time before he’s on the scoresheet. Looked better against Bemidji than last night tbh though. 

Brent Johnson - Obviously offensive d-man too. Got an assist last night.

Minus the two WCHA transfers up front, gonna need the freshman forwards to make BIG strides and be ready after December. See #8 and #29 leading the way. 

Team will go as far Driscoll and the d-core takes them this year imo. My selfish goal, just make the natty tournament. Anything can happen.

PS. Forgot about Hain and Budy. When healthy and once UND figures out it’s lines, that’ll be interesting to see how that develops. 

I think Kunz will work his way up.  For Karl to say he's our best forward below the goal line says a lot.

Gaber just on another level last night.  Seemed to have a chance every shift.

Hopefully another dominant first two periods then a wind it down play everybody third. 

47 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Pretty solid performance last night, definitely a little sloppy in the 3rd though.

Jamernik was a guy that stood out to me showing a lot more skill/playmaking then we saw from him last year.

Seems quicker this year too in which I noticed, which will help create more chances. Not that he was slow last year. 

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Pretty solid performance last night, definitely a little sloppy in the 3rd though.

Jamernik was a guy that stood out to me showing a lot more skill/playmaking then we saw from him last year.

There are a few guys that kept showing up in my view finder last night. I think you can see a pattern if you check these images out. Louis showed up quite a bit. 

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think Kunz will work his way up.  For Karl to say he's our best forward below the goal line says a lot.

Hopefully another dominant first two periods then a wind it down play everybody third. 

I hope the coaches had a chat with Kunz about that really dumb penalty he took. Gaber has a motor that doesn't quit. All hustle all the time.

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yes for sure. He looked great. Hopefully he can keep it rolling. Last year he started off hot in the pod than cooled off a bit until towards the end of the season. 
He’s such a fun player to watch with his constant motor.