SiouxSports.com Forum

Niagara Falls into Grand Forks

Wilbur

Alright, we have hockey, with fans and everything.  I know nothing about Niagara other than its beautiful in the fall.  Their hockey team was (checks notes...) was 7-12-3 last season.  They opened their season with a tie against (checks notes...) Canisius.  

I'll bet some low scoring games......3-1 UND.  4-1 UND.  Book it.

• Like 1

I see Niagara with a very upperclassman dominated roster (3 Gr, 9 Sr, 6 Jr, 6 So, 7 Fr). By comparison, UND is 2, 3*, 7, 6, 9. We have some lads that need to become men quick this weekend. 

College hockey is a game dominated by upperclassmen. 

*Of our five "old guys", three are here via the portal. However, one is Jandric. By NCAA play he's only a junior but must be way ahead academically because he's working on a master's of public administration. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I see Niagara with a very upperclassman dominated roster (3 Gr, 9 Sr, 6 Jr, 6 So, 7 Fr). By comparison, UND is 2, 3*, 7, 6, 9. We have some lads that need to become men quick this weekend. 

College hockey is a game dominated by upperclassmen. 

*Of our five "old guys", three are here via the portal. However, one is Jandric. By NCAA play he's only a junior but must be way ahead academically because he's working on a master's of public administration. 

Anything less than a sweep is inexplicable!  Unexplainable?  Unacceptable??    

• Like 1

I really don't know what to expect this season. At least until we have played some of "the usual suspects."

We had some moments of brilliance, and plenty of momentary lapses.  We just need to see which one comes to the forefront as the season progresses. I though Driscoll played well.

I guess we will see the true colors when we play Denver!

Alright, question for those in the know.  Wife cancelled Midco TV.  We have a firestick with youtube tv.  How does one go about watching his/her favorite college hockey team with the firestick this season?  

Thanks,

Wilbur, and his wife that cancelled his Midco.......

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Alright, question for those in the know.  Wife cancelled Midco TV.  We have a firestick with youtube tv.  How does one go about watching his/her favorite college hockey team with the firestick this season?  

Thanks,

Not sure about a firestick, but I assume it is similar to a Roku in App selection. My Roku has the NCHC.TV app and that is how I watch all of the games.

36 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Thanks,

Looks like you'll be good to go, Wilbur...

https://www.nchc.tv/sports/2019/8/28/aboutus.aspx

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Im pretty salty about the constant issue...but...

credit where its due, I emailed and they made a very good effort to try and solve the issue and credited the value.

So, we shall see 

You can count on an email from me too when the thing I paid for doesn't work. :lol:

I have DirecTV stream, formally AT&T Stream. Last year, for NCHC.TV I used my Chromebook and casted the games to my streaming box. It worked fabulous. This summer I bought a Macbook pro an it's worked really good for streaming services. I also use Dirtvision and Flo Sports the same way. 

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Thanks for the help.  Now the question becomes what NCHC package do I purchase.....hmmmm....

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The one that works half of the time

Your NCHC.tv only works HALF of the time? For real? That's brutal. I've had, I think, maybe 2 issues in all the years of having it.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Your NCHC.tv only works HALF of the time? For real? That's brutal. I've had, I think, maybe 2 issues in all the years of having it.

Since I've had NCHC.TV. My only real issues was CC substandard camera angles and product (hopefully they fixed that with their new arena) and the feed being lost last season. Also, in the past, Miami. Omaha's and WMU's feeds being very low budget and substandard. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Goon said:

Since I've had NCHC.TV. My only real issues was CC substandard camera angles and product (hopefully they fixed that with their new arena) and the feed being lost last season. Also, in the past, Miami. Omaha's and WMU's feeds being very low budget and substandard. 

I stayed home last Saturday and watched some of the CC game and the camera quality was not good. The main cameras that cover the wider angle, end to end action were fine but the lower cameras and cameras down in the corners were dark and grainy. Highly disappointed given the new arena. 

10 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I stayed home last Saturday and watched some of the CC game and the camera quality was not good. The main cameras that cover the wider angle, end to end action were fine but the lower cameras and cameras down in the corners were dark and grainy. Highly disappointed given the new arena. 

CC Potato Cam still operational? Sheez, it is like they film the games on a ten year old flip phone.

Makes me really appreciate the broadcast quality of our home games.

Don't even get me started on the of the homer announcers at some of the other schools.....

If folks would like to read more on Niagara, and why looking beyond their record a year ago and looking at how they finished is worth it, read this,  we spent 45 minutes or so talking to Lammers about improvements/players to watch/ oh and got a quote or two from Eric Lang about why Lammers' teams are tough to play against, also read for projected goaltenders (subject to change) each night, and more, the leaders of the team that nearly upset AIC. https://seamoresports.com/2021/10/06/niagara-gets-ready-for-an-uncommon-test-in-und-read-more/