SiouxSports.com Forum

Your 2021-2022 Minnesota Vikings.

Wilbur

4 hours ago, tnt said:

Last week they tried to get it closer, and fumbled.  I have a feeling people would be ripping on him if that same thing happened again this time. 

I get your point, but last week would have been a 58 yard field goal to try and win it.  :lol:

13 hours ago, tnt said:

Can Teddy Bridgewater kick field goals?

Nope.  He just made sure they are in a position where they didn't have to rely on a field goal.  

For a lot less money. 

Don't feel bad though.  It's the Vikings.  That franchise has been doomed for years. 

Really solid game from the Vikings today although I'm not sure how good of team Seattle is. Little surprised the defense limited Wilson as much as they did. Still think the ceiling for this team is about 9 wins though and maybe this year that can win the North with how Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, and the Vikings have looked.

• Upvote 1

All Viking fans you are welcome.  It was my wife's birthday so I didn't watch yesterday.  First purpose because they play better when I don't, and second I think I played it off to where my wife thinks I cared more about her on her birthday than the purple.  

Will be on an airplane next week against the Browns, so expect another good performance. 

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Was so hoping the Lions could hang on after that Viking collapse but Detroit is Detroit I guess. Would have loved to see today be the day the Wilfs blow it up but with the upcoming schedule I have faith it is just a matter of time before the end of Zimmer. 

Next 6 extremely losable. 

• Upvote 1

More Zim headscratchers today.  Why take the timeout at the end of the first half when you are ahead 13-3 and Detroit ran the ball to run out the clock?  You are getting the ball to start the 2nd half with a two score lead.  Instead he saved Detroit 40 seconds, and they get the field goal.  Then, he has two timeouts and 41 seconds left and they run the ball......sigh.....

The playcalling is a travesty.  Heard it best today.  You buy yourself a jaguar (Jefferson, Thielen, Cousins), and you drive 20 mph.  

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

More Zim headscratchers today.  Why take the timeout at the end of the first half when you are ahead 13-3 and Detroit ran the ball to run out the clock?  You are getting the ball to start the 2nd half with a two score lead.  Instead he saved Detroit 40 seconds, and they get the field goal.  Then, he has two timeouts and 41 seconds left and they run the ball......sigh.....

The playcalling is a travesty.  Heard it best today.  You buy yourself a jaguar (Jefferson, Thielen, Cousins), and you drive 20 mph.  

JJ was destroying the secondary.  He should have had 10+ catches and near 200 yards.  

10 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

JJ was destroying the secondary.  He should have had 10+ catches and near 200 yards.  

I'm convinced Zim would rather have an 8 minute drive that ended in a punt, then a 4 play drive that scored a TD. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2021 at 1:19 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Just when fans see hope (no Zim) they dash the hope again. 

Vikings gonna Viking. 

37 yarder against best team in the league.....nope....

55 yarder against $hittiest team with Zim's job on the line....nailed it....

They don't screw the pooch against the bungles and Arizona and they're 4-1.  Instead they're on life support. 

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

37 yarder against best team in the league.....nope....

55 yarder against $hittiest team with Zim's job on the line....nailed it....

They don't screw the pooch against the bungles and Arizona and they're 4-1.  Instead they're on life support. 

If the Bengals don't screw up against Green Bay, the Vikings are only a game back.  

3 hours ago, tnt said:

If the Bengals don't screw up against Green Bay, the Vikings are only a game back.  

Is the NFC North the AL Central of football?? :lol:

The Vikings played as terrible as possible against the Bengals and still had a chance some how if Dalvin doesn't blow it in OT. 

Vikings somehow pull one out again after giving up control late. Nothing has changed in my mind. Zimmer still needs to go just may have to have some patience with it, I'm confident he won't be coaching come game 1 next season but the firing may not come until after week 18.

On 9/12/2021 at 5:44 PM, SiouxScore said:

Very undisciplined effort today. Definitely outcoached and ton of poor execution as well. When the Vikes started bad last year I was hoping they'd just keep it up and it would be the end of Rick and Zim and they could get Fields to take over at QB. That didn't happen but after the terrible draft, preseason, and this start I'm even more done with those two and thinking this year will end them. Good chance to start 0-4 after a road game with Arizona next week and then Seattle and Cleveland coming to U.S. Bank. Pretty tough schedule overall this year as well facing the AFC North and NFC West and then getting the Cowboys, Chargers, and Panthers as your other games. Right now I'm thinking about 7-10 as best case and I'd take the under. 

3-3 was the minimum expectation going into the bye and they just barely got to it. 4-2 was probably needed to have a decent playoff shot.

Cowboys, @ Ravens, @ Chargers, Packers, @ 49ers, @ Lions, Steelers, @ Bears, Rams, @ Packers, and Bears is how the schedule finishes.

I'm still taking the under on getting to 7 wins.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Vikings somehow pull one out again after giving up control late. Nothing has changed in my mind. Zimmer still needs to go just may have to have some patience with it, I'm confident he won't be coaching come game 1 next season but the firing may not come until after week 18.

Baffled on his scheme late in the game.  Play cover three for God sakes on 4th and ten late in the game with them on their 6 yard line.  Instead you give up the 40 yard play to the TE.  

Cousins is hated on but when they spread it out and let him chuck it all over they are pretty good.

I wish they wouldn't play Zimmer ball for three quarters.  It took them getting the punt blocked for them to open things up on offense. 

4 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

3-3 was the minimum expectation going into the bye and they just barely got to it. 4-2 was probably needed to have a decent playoff shot.

Cowboys, @ Ravens, @ Chargers, Packers, @ 49ers, @ Lions, Steelers, @ Bears, Rams, @ Packers, and Bears is how the schedule finishes.

I'm still taking the under on getting to 7 wins.

7 is probably about right.  

They beat the Cowboys at home, then drop games to the Ravens and Chargers.  Then they crush the Packers at home to get to 5-5, and take 2/3 against the 49ers, Lions, Steelers to be sitting at 7-6.  Then they drop an easily winnable game in Chicago (happens every year it seems), get their doors blown off by the Rams and Packers to get mathematically eliminated from the Playoffs.  Sitting at 7-9, I wouldn't be surprised either way against Chicago at home.  That's the type of game that the Vikings usually win...when it will actually hurt them in the long run.  So, I'll say 7-10 or 8-9 Zimmer gets fired.  

At least we'll get to see the Packers choke in the NFC Championship game like always.  Something to look forward to... : p

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

7 is probably about right.  

They beat the Cowboys at home, then drop games to the Ravens and Chargers.  Then they crush the Packers at home to get to 5-5, and take 2/3 against the 49ers, Lions, Steelers to be sitting at 7-6.  Then they drop an easily winnable game in Chicago (happens every year it seems), get their doors blown off by the Rams and Packers to get mathematically eliminated from the Playoffs.  Sitting at 7-9, I wouldn't be surprised either way against Chicago at home.  That's the type of game that the Vikings usually win...when it will actually hurt them in the long run.  So, I'll say 7-10 or 8-9 Zimmer gets fired.  

At least we'll get to see the Packers choke in the NFC Championship game like always.  Something to look forward to... : p

Uh, no.