SiouxSports.com Forum

Your 2021-2022 Minnesota Vikings.

Wilbur

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 5:44 PM, SiouxScore said:

Very undisciplined effort today. Definitely outcoached and ton of poor execution as well. When the Vikes started bad last year I was hoping they'd just keep it up and it would be the end of Rick and Zim and they could get Fields to take over at QB. That didn't happen but after the terrible draft, preseason, and this start I'm even more done with those two and thinking this year will end them. Good chance to start 0-4 after a road game with Arizona next week and then Seattle and Cleveland coming to U.S. Bank. Pretty tough schedule overall this year as well facing the AFC North and NFC West and then getting the Cowboys, Chargers, and Panthers as your other games. Right now I'm thinking about 7-10 as best case and I'd take the under. 

My early season take on this team is gonna end up pretty close to what actually happens I think. They got a surprise win over Green Bay and took advantage of Chicago having a ton of guys out but also had the surprise loss to Detroit so instead of 7-10 8-9 looks to be more likely although maybe they find a way to lose their last two. Technically they can still get into the playoffs and I've had a couple friends say they'd rather not get in just incase they somehow make a run for Zim to keep his job but I think baring a super bowl Zim is done. Those last couple NFC wild cards are likely 9-8 teams and maybe even a 8-9 team.

Cousins out with covid for Sundays game and the Vikes will start Manion with their season technically on the line even though I'd say it was already over.

Funny thing is me and my brother read the news Manion was out last Sunday at a family Christmas and the first thing we both said was you know Cousins is next, now a week later here it is.

Some crazy games today. Jets had it right there for them after leading Tampa Bay all day but opt for going for it on 4th and 2 at the TB 7 with just over 2 minutes left rather than taking the field goal to go up 7. After a few plays of nothing Tampa rolls off a few big plays in a row and caps it with a 33 yard TD for the win.

Cincy and Kansas City put on a great game but how about Cincy opting to go for it with under a minute left on 4th and goal from the 1 and penalties on both teams kept them alive and they still go for it again and another Chief penalty gives them a 1st down.

Is this the last game of the Zimmer era? I could see it getting embarrassingly bad tonight with the way the Packers are rolling offensively and even though they have struggled stopping the run with Mannion at QB they can absolutely load the box all night and not have to worry about consequences. Maybe a 38-6 type game, Mannion sucks but Zimmer still sticks with him for the entire game, Zygi fires Zimmer and Spielman tomorrow. Vikes decide to start Mond next week and he struggles and the Bears beat the Vikings to end the season. 

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Some crazy games today. Jets had it right there for them after leading Tampa Bay all day but opt for going for it on 4th and 2 at the TB 7 with just over 2 minutes left rather than taking the field goal to go up 7. After a few plays of nothing Tampa rolls off a few big plays in a row and caps it with a 33 yard TD for the win.

Cincy and Kansas City put on a great game but how about Cincy opting to go for it with under a minute left on 4th and goal from the 1 and penalties on both teams kept them alive and they still go for it again and another Chief penalty gives them a 1st down.

Is this the last game of the Zimmer era? I could see it getting embarrassingly bad tonight with the way the Packers are rolling offensively and even though they have struggled stopping the run with Mannion at QB they can absolutely load the box all night and not have to worry about consequences. Maybe a 38-6 type game, Mannion sucks but Zimmer still sticks with him for the entire game, Zygi fires Zimmer and Spielman tomorrow. Vikes decide to start Mond next week and he struggles and the Bears beat the Vikings to end the season. 

I would be shocked if the Vikings even won one of their last two games. I do feel that Zimmer nor Spielman will be fired. I think Zimmer gets rid of Kubiak and that is good enough for the Wilfs to give him another year. 

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

I would be shocked if the Vikings even won one of their last two games. I do feel that Zimmer nor Spielman will be fired. I think Zimmer gets rid of Kubiak and that is good enough for the Wilfs to give him another year. 

I'd be absolutely shocked if both Zimmer and Spielman are back in their same roles. Wilfs have pretty high expectations I don't even think Zim would be back with a sneak into the playoff and 1st round exit. I think the most likely scenario is Zimmer gets fired, Spielman moves to some sort of senior type role, and they hire a new GM. In my opinion Spielman deserves more heat than he gets especially from the TC media, he has a lot of draft picks that haven't been close to panning out.

35 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I'd be absolutely shocked if both Zimmer and Spielman are back in their same roles. Wilfs have pretty high expectations I don't even think Zim would be back with a sneak into the playoff and 1st round exit. I think the most likely scenario is Zimmer gets fired, Spielman moves to some sort of senior type role, and they hire a new GM. In my opinion Spielman deserves more heat than he gets especially from the TC media, he has a lot of draft picks that haven't been close to panning out.

Zimmer gets fired but the new coach hires him as a clock management consultant.  

• Upvote 1

Gotta stop paying big bucks to running backs or linebackers.  Invest in the offensive and defensive lines.  I want lines that can physically maul the other team.  Control the line of scrimmage and you win a lot of games.  Also, stop overpaying QBs that haven’t proved they are a difference maker.