SiouxSports.com Forum

Your 2021-2022 Minnesota Vikings.

Wilbur

So the Vikings get the ball in OT after a turnover at their own 38. 
1st down: Swing pass to Cook 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage, he’s able to gain two yards.  
2nd and 8:  running play is blown up for a loss of 2. 
3rd and 10:  of course Baltimore sends pressure and Cousins throws it away. 
Typically awful play calling by the Vikings lack of braintrust.  How Zimmer, Kubiak, and Spielman can keep their jobs is beyond me. 

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Its just like UND football.  We have an older by the book coach who isn't willing to change the way he's always done things and makes extremely poor in game management decisions.

Aren't there literally books charts for game management decisions?

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Aren't there literally books charts for game management decisions?

Yeah, apparently Bubba missed the punt on 4th down with your team ahead in the second half paragraph. 

Zim missed the don't call two timeouts in a row rule. 

Vikes got some things to go their way yesterday probably more than I can ever remember against Green Bay. 

Back to .500 and in the thick of the playoff race but I'm still not with Zimmer being the future, heck I think he is gone unless they make a NFC Championship type run.

Defense is still very questionable, offense is dangerous especially when they can protect a little bit and stay aggressive trying to stretch the field.

Worried about this week. Probably feeling themselves a little coming off a win over Green Bay and seems like they never play well at San Francisco.

• 2 weeks later...

After having success stretching the field in recent weeks the Vikings brain trust has decided to go ultra conservative again and take the safe three yard throws and then punt.  If that is the game plan, why in the hell do you pay a QB 30+ million per year ??  Very easy to find a QB at minimum salary that can do the same.