SiouxSports.com Forum

Your 2021-2022 Minnesota Vikings.

Wilbur

Very undisciplined effort today. Definitely outcoached and ton of poor execution as well. When the Vikes started bad last year I was hoping they'd just keep it up and it would be the end of Rick and Zim and they could get Fields to take over at QB. That didn't happen but after the terrible draft, preseason, and this start I'm even more done with those two and thinking this year will end them. Good chance to start 0-4 after a road game with Arizona next week and then Seattle and Cleveland coming to U.S. Bank. Pretty tough schedule overall this year as well facing the AFC North and NFC West and then getting the Cowboys, Chargers, and Panthers as your other games. Right now I'm thinking about 7-10 as best case and I'd take the under. 

54 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Very undisciplined effort today. Definitely outcoached and ton of poor execution as well. When the Vikes started bad last year I was hoping they'd just keep it up and it would be the end of Rick and Zim and they could get Fields to take over at QB. That didn't happen but after the terrible draft, preseason, and this start I'm even more done with those two and thinking this year will end them. Good chance to start 0-4 after a road game with Arizona next week and then Seattle and Cleveland coming to U.S. Bank. Pretty tough schedule overall this year as well facing the AFC North and NFC West and then getting the Cowboys, Chargers, and Panthers as your other games. Right now I'm thinking about 7-10 as best case and I'd take the under. 

Ridiculous penalty numbers.  Sick of the offense not taking chances.

They did not deserve whatsoever to win that game.  Cincinnati sucks, but at least didn't false start 10 times.  

I'll say under 6 wins, and Zimmer says adios. 

23 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Least Cousins doesn't sport a man bun.

Its either because I purposely picked A-Rog for my fantasy teams or he wants to give one last middle finger to the state of Wisconsin on his way out.  No other reason he plays that dog $hit.  I'd like to think I had something to do with it. 

On the way home last weekend had thw chance to get some cheap thrills by listening to the fans anguish on vikings fanline.

In a matter of no time at all the fools blamed the refs, the camera angles, the camera quality, the vaccine..... and argued that Minnesota "deserved" to win the game.

Nothing could have summed up the entirety of the state that Minnesota is in any better.

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2021 at 11:52 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

On the way home last weekend had thw chance to get some cheap thrills by listening to the fans anguish on vikings fanline.

In a matter of no time at all the fools blamed the refs, the camera angles, the camera quality, the vaccine..... and argued that Minnesota "deserved" to win the game.

Nothing could have summed up the entirety of the state that Minnesota is in any better.

Whine line is a personal favorite.  If any Viking fan isn't use to the worst possible thing happening and $hit blowing up in our faces they can't ever be helped.  Blaming the reffs for that performance is like getting outshot 66-6 and saying you were right there in the end.  

The moment I said in my head "the worst they can do is tie" it was over.

0-2. 41 seconds on the clock and letting the clock run down for the field goal was stupid of Zim, you would think he'd learn by now. Joseph makes two 50 yarders but misses a extra point and the 37 yarder for the win. Cardinals with an extremely stupid gameplan of playing a lot of 5/6 man boxes in the first half allowing Dalvin to run wild, adjusted like every other team does to loading up the box with 7/8 and sending run blitzes in the 2nd half.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

0-2. 41 seconds on the clock and letting the clock run down for the field goal was stupid of Zim, you would think he'd learn by now. Joseph makes two 50 yarders but misses a extra point and the 37 yarder for the win. Cardinals with an extremely stupid gameplan of playing a lot of 5/6 man boxes in the first half allowing Dalvin to run wild, adjusted like every other team does to loading up the box with 7/8 and sending run blitzes in the 2nd half.

Game one was the players, today was him.  Terrible decisions, but thats not surprising in the later years of the Zimmer era.  The squib cost them points, and the offensive playcalling again spotty.

Get the ball as close as possible.  Or put it on the kickers preferred hash mark.  

Joseph has to make those kicks, but I'm not really in the bail Zimmer out for poor decisions boat either.  If they go 0-4 maybe it means a regime change that is much needed. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Game one was the players, today was him.  Terrible decisions, but thats not surprising in the later years of the Zimmer era.  The squib cost them points, and the offensive playcalling again spotty.

Get the ball as close as possible.  Or put it on the kickers preferred hash mark.  

Joseph has to make those kicks, but I'm not really in the bail Zimmer out for poor decisions boat either.  If they go 0-4 maybe it means a regime change that is much needed. 

Last week they tried to get it closer, and fumbled.  I have a feeling people would be ripping on him if that same thing happened again this time.