SiouxSports.com Forum

Remainder of 2020 Spring Season and Potential Playoffs.

Midwestern Hawk

Not sure the ND laws but in MN close contact (within 6’ for 15 minutes and that's cumulative not continuous) would be 1) testing everyone (including staff) 2) isolate everyone until test results are known, 3) if negative, still quarantine 14 days from date of exposure 4) if positive isolate 10 days from date of test or date symptoms started.

Good Point... oops NOT a law but a MN Dept. Of Health recommendation and CDC

38 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

So UND got news last week of a positive test. SU gets news of a positive hours before game time. They played each other days before the testing. Wouldn't SU have to quarantine then also and cancel game because of it this week? The NDSU/SDSU game is still on isn't it?

Not going to pretend to know what sort of protocol NDSU does or doesn't use however you would think a positive test (with symptoms) would lead to contact tracing and at minimum, a position group being exposed but who knows.

I do know that is what happened with UND and a whole position group was affected and they wouldn't have been able to play last Saturday given the current guidelines. I'm not sure why the MVFC (and UND) pulled the plug so quickly on the game this week as both schools should be using the same set of protocols.

To be fair Cass County Public Health has made sh#t up since day one. The current ND guidelines are in plain view for all and yet they pick and choose their recommendations on a case to case basis.

If anyone thinks the NDSU FB is going to be subjected to the same recommendations as a Fargo HS team.........

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

So UND got news last week of a positive test. SU gets news of a positive hours before game time. They played each other days before the testing. Wouldn't SU have to quarantine then also and cancel game because of it this week? The NDSU/SDSU game is still on isn't it?

Entz said yesterday he expects players to be out.  Not sure how many he thinks.  But if its an entire position group, it's gonna be hard to field a team.  Which he alluded to in his statements.  I'd say we are at 50/50 the NDSU/SDSU game gets played.  Tomorrow they do testing again, so we may find out then.

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Well, not zero but close. If they have the diabeetus things could be more complicated.

The diabetes thing could get complicated without COVID, but I know what you are saying.  I know not everyone agrees with me, but it feels like we have lost touch with reality, we are basing all of this on a scenario where nobody ever gets sick and nobody ever dies.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Entz said yesterday he expects players to be out.  Not sure how many he thinks.  But if its an entire position group, it's gonna be hard to field a team.  Which he alluded to in his statements.  I'd say we are at 50/50 the NDSU/SDSU game gets played.  Tomorrow they do testing again, so we may find out then.

Thank you. This clears this up a little.

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

Considering all the holding they did in our game against them, I would think ndsu’s entire offensive line should’ve been considered close contacts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/bids-sought-host-preliminary-rounds-fcs-playoff

Bids sought to host preliminary rounds of FCS playoff

16 potential sites will be identified April 6

March 26, 2021 11:58amGreg Johnson

The Division I Football Oversight Committee on Thursday approved a recommendation that up to 16 potential preliminary-round host sites for the 2020-21 Division I Football Championship Subdivision playoff be identified by April 6.

Host sites for the eight first-round games would then be selected from those 16 preapproved sites. The Division I Football Championship Committee created this proposal and is following the guidelines set by the NCAA COVID-19 Medical Advisory Group.

The deadline for bid materials to be received by the NCAA is April 5.

The rationale for this proposal was to ensure all preliminary-round sites are properly certified for COVID-19 testing and have adequate time to coordinate the necessary logistical and operational requirements. By identifying 16 potential sites by April 6, the committee is providing those sites nearly three weeks to prepare for a potential first-round game April 24.

Also, selecting 16 potential sites before the selection meetings mitigates the risk that a school may be selected to host a game without its team participating in that game.

This approach provides the committee maximum flexibility when selecting host sites during the selection process.

During the bracketing process, the committee will pick eight of those 16 preapproved sites to serve as a first-round host based on the makeup of the bracket.

The quarterfinal and semifinal host sites also would be selected from the preapproved sites based on the makeup of the bracket.

In pre-pandemic times, the higher-seeded team had the option to host preliminary-round games, depending on the availability of its facility, in the FCS championship.

The final of the FCS championship will be at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Shut it all down.....at least the athletes don't have to be constantly tested and subjected to unnecessary repeated quarantines. Now it's beyond silly.

They should be tested as often as normal students otherwise all of these guys should have been given flue shot.

It is all just a mess....In MN Influenza A & B are almost non-existent, (?PCR test is non-specific to COVID), heart disease and cancer deaths have decreased( speculation about the coding of death certificates), AND guess what sky rocketed? YUP sexually transmitted diseases.... so there’s that! 
It is a mess... I guess during a cold winter with nothing to do, people have sex....is that surprising?

25 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

... AND guess what sky rocketed? YUP sexually transmitted diseases.... so there’s that! 
It is a mess... I guess during a cold winter with nothing to do, people have sex....is that surprising?

Um, but people are supposed to be isolating (meaning alone or just with a single household) and social distancing. For that to happen people have to be ... < ahem > ... social. How can that be? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Shut the season down until  April 24th when the playoffs start.  There are going to be even more teams that decide to end their season early "for the safety of their student athletes" and more regular season games will be cancelled.  

I think it's a joke.  For the safety of the their student athletes??  Is it any less safe playing football in the fall?  Maybe we just need to cancel football all together.

I don't know if there are any bi-laws in play for this odd season or what not, but if there isn't, I would say yes. 3 of 4 wins are against teams that were ranked. The one loss is to the Gods of FCS football. I would guess they would give us a second round pairing with NDSU to try and make some money ha

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I don't know if there are any bi-laws in play for this odd season or what not, but if there isn't, I would say yes. 3 of 4 wins are against teams that were ranked. The one loss is to the Gods of FCS football. I would guess they would give us a second round pairing with NDSU to try and make some money ha

For an at large bid, teams needed to play at least 4 games.