SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

7 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

She played 38 minutes. Yes she didn't start, but benched players don't play 38 minutes.

The Summit player of the month starts. The dreadful start to the game was due to her being on the bench. This isn't complicated. Again Mal needs to be held accountable and give an explanation. Kacie almost single handedly brought UND back vs NDSU in the 2nd half then didn't start the next to road games? 

9 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The Summit player of the month starts. The dreadful start to the game was due to her being on the bench. This isn't complicated. Again Mal needs to be held accountable and give an explanation. Kacie almost single handedly brought UND back vs NDSU in the 2nd half then didn't start the next to road games? 

Agreed.  This isnt the first time she has come off the bench.  There is no reason for your best player and player of the month to come off the bench.  The slow start most definitely was because of this.   Do we want our best player transferring?  She would start on any team in the summit.  

11 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Agreed.  This isnt the first time she has come off the bench.  There is no reason for your best player and player of the month to come off the bench.  The slow start most definitely was because of this.   Do we want our best player transferring?  She would start on any team in the summit.  

Does coming off the bench create a match-up problem for the other team and an advantage for the player and UND? 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

We don't know why she didn't start.  lf it's because she broke a training rule or whatever, I respect a coach that doesn't have a separate set of rules for her best player.  Two sets of rules destroys team morale.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Big Green said:

There are a number of possible reason that KB didn't start, non of which are fair to her or the coach to speculate.  KB played 38 minutes last night and they won.  I doubt she is transferring because she doesn't get her name announced to start the game.  Mel has this team has the team in a great position to finish 3rd in the summit, which is a huge step in the right directions.  Stop the bitching and enjoy the ride.

Amen

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

We don't know why she didn't start.  lf it's because she broke a training rule or whatever, I respect a coach that doesn't have a separate set of rules for her best player.  Two sets of rules destroys team morale.

So..........Kacie must be a problem on this team from a disciplinary standpoint? This must be the case since this isn't the first time this has happened before last night.

<eye roll>

27 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

This is like the third time she hasnt started her.  Might be more I am not going to go back and check.  When it happened the first few times I figured it must be some sort of punishment for not following rules etc.    Now again right after player of the month and the reason why we are winning games again we sit our best player on the bench to start.  Your theory would be KB is some sort of  destructive student athlete that continues to need punishment and breaks rules?   I dont see that from her and maybe its in the locker room.  But  I guarantee good players that should be starting dont think its a positive to be benched to start the game.    In my opinion you need to break some serious rules to take anyone out of a game.   And yes ALL players should be held to the same standard.  I just dont see KB as a player that is someone that is getting disciplined multiple times during the year.  

30 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

This is like the third time she hasnt started her.  Might be more I am not going to go back and check.  When it happened the first few times I figured it must be some sort of punishment for not following rules etc.    Now again right after player of the month and the reason why we are winning games again we sit our best player on the bench to start.  Your theory would be KB is some sort of  destructive student athlete that continues to need punishment and breaks rules?   I dont see that from her and maybe its in the locker room.  But  I guarantee good players that should be starting dont think its a positive to be benched to start the game.    In my opinion you need to break some serious rules to take anyone out of a game.   And yes ALL players should be held to the same standard.  I just dont see KB as a player that is someone that is getting disciplined multiple times during the year.  

47 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So..........Kacie must be a problem on this team from a disciplinary standpoint? This must be the case since this isn't the first time this has happened before last night.

<eye roll>

I said "IF", since I don't think any of us know.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Bet if you asked her, she'd give you the reasoning. Haven't seen her avoid answering any questions in the past.

A team that won 2 games last year has now won 7 of their last 9, with the two losses against top 40ish teams in the nation. Quite the arm-chair coaching going on here. That's not saying it isn't fair to question, but claiming that the coach is being retributive, trying to play head games or doesn't have a clue is ridiculous. I feel pretty confident that it is being made a bigger deal than it really is. 

Until she transfers.  Its just a observation and a big one at that.  There has to be a reason why you dont start your best player.   I think its perfectly reasonable to question this.  No one is saying Mal is a bad coach.  I just think fans just want our team to keep getting better and we have seen good players transfer from this program in the past and we dont want to see this again.   

If only we had a reporter from the local paper or even our radio team could ask the coach Why she has her coming off the bench.

It could be something as simple as she prefers to come off the bench because what really matters is who is on the floor at the end of the game in a close game. it isn't like she is 6th in minutes played....or maybe she missed a team meeting or was late for the bus?

• Upvote 1