SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

On 1/29/2022 at 2:44 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Right....why UND continues to foul makes no sense 

I agree that the final margin was not indicative of the game.  That was around a ten-point game until the end with all the intentional fouling for an extended period.

Good game!  UND should finish in that #3 or #4 spot, barring any strange occurrences.  If that happens, Malory would get my (imaginary) vote for COY.  I was pretty skeptical of the hire, thinking it was the easy button.  or a decision based on economic$.  Clearly she can both coach and recruit.  Good luck.

Hopefully the blowout by the Jacks, followed by the close game with the Yotes gives the rabbits a false sense of security...  That was the plan, right? ;)

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I wish this team still had Zander.

I just looked at her stats

averaging 11.3 points per game, rebounds 5.3 per game, her last game was Jan. 8th.  Don’t know if she is hurt or what.

I was wishing she had stayed at UND too.

I did a look up Jaclyn Jarnot and she was having pretty good year with West Florida University she has been averaging 16.5 points a game and 12.5 rebounds a game. I think change of schools would be good for her and also playing down division hasn't hurt her statistics either. We could have used girl of her size this year to help match up with South Dakota schools. We had talent on the team last year but it just didn't play very well together and i also didn't fit well with what Bernhard was trying to get them to play. Second we had so many injuries and sicknesses last year the team could never gell and find their rolls as players. I expect next year we should have more options to match up with teams like South Dakota state but again its going to take time to figure out where everyone roles and what they are capable of. I too looked for information on Beal girl but didn't find any for this year other than she is not playing Detroit Edison academy public school but is now playing at Hamtramck public school a division I school instead of Division II school in Michigan. This would be same level Roach girl is playing at in Michigan for Hartland. Roach girl looks to having good year and was named player of week for their region. I think it will be exciting year next year and it will be fun to see how much we can continue improve.

43 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Coach probably trying to get her to transfer after season so she stops stealing all the spotlight

Punishing her for not scoring another 18 in the 2nd half vs USD.......