SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

You don't seem to get it if they tried something of low balling her hire you would have federal lawsuit of unequal pay and opening yourself up to all types of lawsuits. Second is when she was hired for the position you made offer deeming her qualified to do this job all things your bitching about becomes irrelevant because she was hired with all those those circumstances happening before she was hired as head coach. If want to bitch about it goes back to AD and he will be held accountable for this hire knowing those things and still thinking she was best candidate for the job. Even here that is why he was hired to put together department he believes will do the best job for this university and if he doesn't make good hires he then will beheld accountable. It may not be choice you like but he is one hired to make these decisions and if you don't approve voice them to AD or President of the university but my guess is everyone in charge on this is going to see how this plays out it could be best hire possible in few years or it was mistake but nobody knows right now. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

You don't seem to get it if they tried something of low balling her hire you would have federal lawsuit of unequal pay and opening yourself up to all types of lawsuits. Second is when she was hired for the position you made offer deeming her qualified to do this job all things your bitching about becomes irrelevant because she was hired with all those those circumstances happening before she was hired as head coach. If want to bitch about it goes back to AD and he will be held accountable for this hire knowing those things and still thinking she was best candidate for the job. Even here that is why he was hired to put together department he believes will do the best job for this university and if he doesn't make good hires he then will beheld accountable. It may not be choice you like but he is one hired to make these decisions and if you don't approve voice them to AD or President of the university but my guess is everyone in charge on this is going to see how this plays out it could be best hire possible in few years or it was mistake but nobody knows right now. 

My beef is absolutely not with the coach.  My beef is with a.d.  He just blew $155,000 on a unproven coach that in her interview for the position she went 2-19 and didn't make the playoffs.   If I was a.d I would assume she didn't pass the first round of interviews.   This has nothing to do with coach.  I know she is going to do her best she can. It's the a.d who should have made the tough decision to move on ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

My beef is absolutely not with the coach.  My beef is with a.d.  He just blew $155,000 on a unproven coach that in her interview for the position she went 2-19 and didn't make the playoffs.   If I was a.d I would assume she didn't pass the first round of interviews.   This has nothing to do with coach.  I know she is going to do her best she can. It's the a.d who should have made the tough decision to move on ! 

I am not sure if Jones was making that kind of money after 7 years was he?

This loss now put's UND now with no experience at the small forward spot on the team with also the loss of Zander both of these girls were 5/10 were athletic and could handle ball either inside or outside and sure makes us much smaller team if we don't replace with some recruits similar. I would think this will become priority to do this now and there has to be girls like this in the portal. I wish Jaclyn Jarnot best i think she has had tough couple of seasons and i do think change for her and right coaching she could finish her career on positive because she has the tools become very good player.

18 minutes ago, tnt said:

Really not interested in a philosophy of "we know we are bad, but look how bad we could be".   We need a culture that makes people want to stick around.  

I don't subscribe to that philosophy. Just want people to realize it's not just happening here so they don't lose hope.

Reality is everyone gets 1 free transfer. A lot are going to use it and no program is immune.
The average in men's ball right now is 3+ per school. 

Women's is around 2 per school currently.

I wonder if it will slow down next year, after this crazy season of covid and the fact that it's a new rule?

19 minutes ago, Dagger said:

We have 3 gals coming in for next year. Are any of them immediate impact players?  We need some immediate impact players. Not players for down the road but players for now. 

I'm hoping that Jodi Anderson from Centennial can be that person. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Dagger said:

We have 3 gals coming in for next year. Are any of them immediate impact players?  We need some immediate impact players. Not players for down the road but players for now. 

Four ladies coming in so far:

5'11" G Jodi Anderson - averages 16 pts, 4.5 rebounds and 2 assists per game for 20-1 Circle Pines.

6' G Allie McCarthy, season was cut short in December due to COVID.  She was averaging 20+ ppg.  Averaged 10, ppg and 13 rpg as a junior.

6'6" C Miranda VanderWal - don't think her team played at all this season.  She averaged about 9 ppg and 6 rpg as a junior.

5'7" PG Amanda Roach - runs the offense for the top rated big school in MI.  Averaged 10 ppb and 7 apg.  

It obviously isn't good that the two Canadian girls (McCarthy and VanderWal) played little to no ball this season.  It appears that McCarthy is good and that VanderWal is a project.  I don't know about Anderson but she has decent numbers playing for a very good team.  I wish Roach was a couple of inches taller but we probably wouldn't have gotten her if she was.  It appears that she has the talent to contribute.

I know the staff is working hard to find some forwards.

Does anybody know how many scholarships we have open to give this year because we have number of players left or quit this year. I got to believe we have to look at getting some experienced players back also in the mix with loss of Zander , Jarnot, Fleece, and Renke other wise we will putting large number of true freshman on the court next year.