SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

Women lost 72-57 to Weber

Key moment of the game was they started the game 4 of 6 from the field and went into the first media timeout up 12-7.  Then in the next 10 minutes, went 1-15 from the field and Weber procedded to go on a 26-6 run.  UND got it to within 7 but couldn't get any closer.

Orth had 15 to lead UND.  Jodi Anderson nearly had a double-double with 11 points and 9 rebounds.

Didn't have 4 players for whatever reason.

From what I watched, still a lot of moments where the offense is still clunky and the ball gets turned over too many times.  At least some of the new pieces got some good time in which will pay off once the missing pieces come back.

Anderson is going to be a nice player once she gets more experience. 

I just hope this isn't going to be like last year for Coach Bernhard and company when it comes to getting bit with COVID and the injury bug. 

What happen other night when we were missing number of players for the Weber state game. Why does everything have to be such deep dark secret around this athletic program just come out with what happened did number of players test positive for covid or was there something else. This is not good sign again where we have number of players unavailable to play for a game. We went through this last year and again everything was big dark secret how do expect fans to invest in team if they are not willing to invest into fans ability to follow this team. The team we put on the floor other night could not compete in Summit conference and would even have hard time competing in North Star conference of small colleges. I turned on the game saw we had short bench and no one even mentioned this through the whole game. The positive of the game was new player from Texas DJ Davis looks like she could be candidate for point guard if see can improve her shooting and the new recruit of Jodi Anderson looks like she could develop into quite offensive player before the year is done. From there it's hard to tell when we played with four small guards on the floor exposing Leet to cover up for our lack of size which led her to foul trouble. Let us hope we can get our full team back and we start developing into team that can compete in the Summit conference. I sound critical but more so disappointed that we have to start again like last year we need to have something positive happen if your going to get any fan interest in this team.

• Like 1

I take from broadcast that we have lost Gordon for the year. Borowicz could be back by the weekend. That leaves Lane does she have injury or she sick i didn't see her on the bench if were going to have shot at competing in the Summit conference were going to need her or we don't have size to compete with other schools which we saw today again with us getting beat down low and getting out rebounded. Bernhard statement that not knowing who was available for weekend would worry Montana or Montana State is just rhetoric because these coaches prepare there teams for the talent they have available and second right now i don't think anybody worries about us right now because were not that good of team so far haven't shown it yet this season. They are coming here to prepare there teams for conference schedule so they are working on developing their players and feel they can do this and still win the game.  This looks to be repeat of last year with to many injuries only this time its front line players being hurt not the guards like last year. I don't know but sure looks like Bernhard is snake bit but freshmen she has recruited look to have talent and also some of the transfers look to be nice additions but can't keep loosing players to injury or sickness. The way things look right now we are in for long season i thought we could move up to middle of the pack in the conference but right now i have my doubts with how this season is beginning. 

7 minutes ago, RogerRoger12 said:

2-17 from 3, not a great shooting team at all.. that stings .. especially knowing Wichita state goes into Wahpeton, what looks like yesterday, and signs one of the best junior college shooters in the nation from science.. Ambah Kowcun.. all American last year - hit 95 3s in 23 games .. smh

76CE51C7-E2FC-4235-B998-6839E7FC0031.jpeg

2-17

mad-men-gif-not-great-bob-1-thumb-500x27