SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

18 hours ago, ND-fan said:

Does anybody know how many scholarships we have open to give this year because we have number of players left or quit this year. I got to believe we have to look at getting some experienced players back also in the mix with loss of Zander , Jarnot, Fleece, and Renke other wise we will putting large number of true freshman on the court next year.

Two sr scholarship athletes left. 4 players in transfer portal. Keplin quit? 
3 scholarship freshmen coming in. Should leave 4? 

Manson can shoot with a quick release. You need the quick release. Of course guards need poise, ball handling skills, quickness, good decision making, can guard the opponent and beat the opponent one on one. A little height helps because it comes with a little more weight and durability.

should add that height helps in breaking the press and in passing to post players and maybe rebounding and when we press

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, planet2county said:

Basketball or whatever sport an athlete participates in is just one part of their lives.  There may be multiple factors regarding the decision to transfer besides their sport.  I will wish the athlete the best on their future endeavors. 

All very true, I was just a little surprised she ended up at Mary.

Nothing wrong with going/being closer to home, if they chose to. 

10 hours ago, planet2county said:

it's all good, I knew what you were saying.  I agree she has shown she has D1 talent and would have been an asset with another D! program had she chosen that route.  My remarks were directed at the situation in general whether football, hockey, etc.

Emma Anderson to Upper Iowa.

I see Jarnot is transferring to West Florida a division II school so all our transfers went the D-II rout. I believe that Zander and Jarnot can play Division I basketball but they have transferred for what ever reasons and i hope they have successful careers in the future. I think that we still have one position to fill yet and wondering if anybody heard any more things on that front. This is definitely Mallory's team now with only few hold overs from Brewster tenure with Manson, Leet, Borowicz, Gordon, and Van Loo with Mallory having say on these girls when they were recruited. 

3 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I see Jarnot is transferring to West Florida a division II school so all our transfers went the D-II rout. I believe that Zander and Jarnot can play Division I basketball but they have transferred for what ever reasons and i hope they have successful careers in the future. I think that we still have one position to fill yet and wondering if anybody heard any more things on that front. This is definitely Mallory's team now with only few hold overs from Brewster tenure with Manson, Leet, Borowicz, Gordon, and Van Loo with Mallory having say on these girls when they were recruited. 

Are the Lanes sisters still on the team?

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

Any news on the Texas tech transfer 

• Members
  •  
  • 4,874 posts
  •  

Texas Tech Andrayah Adams committs to UND. 5'10" guard

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/sports/college/football/2021/01/05/texas-tech-basketball-lady-raiders-match-weapons-oklahoma/6551348002/

"The Lady Raiders have won four games in a row against Oklahoma. Last season, Tech prevailed 89-84 in overtime in Lubbock and 106-94 in Norman, Oklahoma, with guard Andrayah Adams leading the way in both games with 29 points. Adams has played in only two games this season, none since Dec. 9."

Do we have scholarship left i was going through player list i have 15 players or are we adding one for Leet. The list Borowicz, Manson, Gordon, Leet, Lane, Lane, Van Loo, Vander Wal, Anderson, Adams, Wallace, Sieben, Orth, Hoskin, and MCcarthy. This would give us 15 players for next year as i have figured unless i made mistake again. 

9 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

Do we have scholarship left i was going through player list i have 15 players or are we adding one for Leet. The list Borowicz, Manson, Gordon, Leet, Lane, Lane, Van Loo, Vander Wal, Anderson, Adams, Wallace, Sieben, Orth, Hoskin, and MCcarthy. This would give us 15 players for next year as i have figured unless i made mistake again. 

Not all are scholarship players.

8 hours ago, ND-fan said:

The younger Lane and Sieben are walk-ons.