SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

I went to box score of Mayville state and Bemidji state the game was fairly close in first half and Bemidji blew game open in the fourth quarter. Voegeli only played about 15 minutes of that game and it was early season and Mayville played pretty much there whole bench in that game. It's always hard to compare by teams match up against other teams match ups. Bernhard said they didn't play very well but also said Mayville had several players of D I ability so my take is Mayville is probably going to be very good team in NAIA and North Star conference and watching last night i didn't see where Mayville was that out matched with the players they had on the floor. Also they had very good size for small college basketball team. This where i think UND has problem matching up with alot of top Summit conference opponents in that they are not very deep on front line with size. This team is playing better than last year but i think talent wise were behind top half of the Summit conference. I see next years class addresses alot of these issues and number of freshman this year should be better after year of playing or developing practicing. Bernhard is rebuilding threw recruiting and that takes time after how far the program had fallen.