SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #6-It's literally Omaha from here on out........

Wilbur

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

One plus of Bast being out next game is that it gives Moore another shot at getting out there.
Last time he played he was playing well.

...and it also keeps Prokop out of the lineup so he can’t cheapshot anyone.

If you would have told me after the Pod that we would clinch with 2 games remaining, I would have said you were crazy, now let’s push this big ball of oil out the window. (Seinfeld).  Seriously, to do it early with our post Pod schedule is very impressive.

• Upvote 2

Left no doubt tonight.

This team has so much depth and so many guys that play the complete game.

Scheel is really seeing the puck well. Both goals this weekend took fluky plays to go in.

Really seemed in complete control for pretty much the whole weekend which is what this team should do to a middle of the pack team.

Get/keep guys healthy but keep the foot on the gas pedal.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

I do too. It’s too easy to jump online and say something negative about somebody. The crowd that likes Jake is a hell of of a lot bigger than the crowd who doesn’t. A job you don’t get much praise for if you do it well. 

I like Jake, I like Alex, I like Olson and Hennessey........what's not to like?

43 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Jake Brandt audibly emotional about the team winning the Penrose. I know people like razzing him for his color but that guy bleeds green through and through.

He's like Casey Hankinson when he did color for the gophers, not biased to speak of and says good things about both teams.

Game was over and it got chippy real quick towards the end of the 2nd.

Didn't like how Omaha conducted their business even before the brawl. A lot of talking, a lot of non-hockey related incidents, from that group. That chip on their shoulder has served them well in recent years and have allowed them to sneak up on UND at times. They want this to be a rivalry so bad.

I think there's a fine line between not lying down and being sore losers. Always felt like Omaha was in the former category but they clearly slipped into the latter tonight in a big way.

I would be embarrassed if one of our guys did what Tychonick did. To get so outworked and outmuscled all game long to then egg on the fans when you're losing by six goals. Tough look. He's a better fit at Omaha than here.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tnt said:

A team takes on the personality of their coach, and the Omaha team takes on the lack of class of Gabinet.  When you are continually jawing when you are getting throttled it is kind of hard to respect you.

Gabinet is a decent coach. Jam crosschecked their guy at the face off. Down 7-1 any team with self respect wouldn't let that go. Check your own ego.