SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #6-It's literally Omaha from here on out........

Wilbur

9 minutes ago, Sioux90 said:

Gabinet is a decent coach. Jam crosschecked their guy at the face off. Down 7-1 any team with self respect wouldn't let that go. Check your own ego.

No team chirps all game long even behind by 6.  It happened late last year when they took a run at Pinto, and it is happening again.  I happen to think Gabinet has a lot to do with that.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Sioux90 said:

Gabinet is a decent coach. Jam crosschecked their guy at the face off. Down 7-1 any team with self respect wouldn't let that go. Check your own ego.

Should Berry check his ego for calling out Gabinet?

42 minutes ago, Rando39 said:

Game was over and it got chippy real quick towards the end of the 2nd.

Didn't like how Omaha conducted their business even before the brawl. A lot of talking, a lot of non-hockey related incidents, from that group. That chip on their shoulder has served them well in recent years and have allowed them to sneak up on UND at times. They want this to be a rivalry so bad.

I think there's a fine line between not lying down and being sore losers. Always felt like Omaha was in the former category but they clearly slipped into the latter tonight in a big way.

I would be embarrassed if one of our guys did what Tychonick did. To get so outworked and outmuscled all game long to then egg on the fans when you're losing by six goals. Tough look. He's a better fit at Omaha than here.

When the ref not the linesman has to tell the captain to go back to the bench so goalie can skate to the net after a media break...

35 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Actually if you watch the replay of the face off. Abate slashes Jammer and didn’t even go for the puck. That is what drew the cross check. 

I agree with crb1, Gabinet is a decent coach who is trying to build a team to be competitive year in and year out. I also agree that Abate is a problem, Gabinet’s problem, and that he needs to deal with it. Watching the games in the pod, I think that kid was in the box more than out!

I don’t think Gabinet wanted that scrum to happen, that he called for it, because it’s a black mark on an already poor showing. He needed a win tonight, for a lot of reasons. I’m sure he was frustrated with a few things, our shut down of their offense, some of Stearns’ calls (admit it, Stearns made some major gaffs tonight) and Omaha’s inability to overcome them. 

36 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I root for former UND players except when they play against UND. Lost some respect for Tychonick after his antics tonight.

35 minutes ago, brianvf said:

The comment to that tweet is right on.  :) 

The guy saying this is definitely trying to find something to be positive about after a terrible loss, but applauding a guy who blew a tire to give up a breakaway, picked a fight with the smallest opponent on the ice, and then acted like a pro wrestling heel?

Wilkie became an enemy when he popped his jersey, and now Tychonick is an enemy for making a fool of himself. At least Wilkie was celebrating some sort of success.

"I wonder there bcblues is tonight?"  Said nobody. :D

I was working. Although retired, I took a part time job, and had to work during the game tonight, so I carefully avoided all media until I could watch it as a recording.

wow. What a win. And what a way to win the Penrose!

That was a statement game, to conclude the statement weekend, to clench the Penrose.

When we stay out of the box, we are a force to reckon with. Our passing has been tremendous and the work ethic of every single line is impressive. It is good to see some jump in the skates again!

Since we are playing UNO the next 2 games, it could be interesting. Hopefully calmer minds prevail. I think some of "the boys" are itching for NFL play. ;)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The guy saying this is definitely trying to find something to be positive about after a terrible loss, but applauding a guy who blew a tire to give up a breakaway, picked a fight with the smallest opponent on the ice, and then acted like a pro wrestling heel?

Wilkie became an enemy when he popped his jersey, and now Tychonick is an enemy for making a fool of himself. At least Wilkie was celebrating some sort of success.

Didn’t like tychonicks antics, but let’s remember these are kids playing and emotional game. Plus he knows the student section is going to play into him, he was just playing back. That being said the scrum wasn’t that bad and nobody should have been DQ’d that would have been just another night 10 years ago. I’m on board with these emotional scums, just not the staged, drop the gloves fights. This is pure emotion in the game and I love it. Builds rivalries and fuels the intensity.

25 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Didn’t like tychonicks antics, but let’s remember these are kids playing and emotional game. Plus he knows the student section is going to play into him, he was just playing back. That being said the scrum wasn’t that bad and nobody should have been DQ’d that would have been just another night 10 years ago. I’m on board with these emotional scums, just not the staged, drop the gloves fights. This is pure emotion in the game and I love it. Builds rivalries and fuels the intensity.

I agree, it was just odd that someone was lionizing JT after he had a bad series. Despite the interview he did saying its no different from any other opponent/arena, his mind (and by extension, game) was off.

A few years back Mitch Mac took a stupid penalty for getting into a fight in front of St Cloud's bench, which was his former team, and if I recall correctly, he never played for us again. Michaud, however, was always happy as a clam playing against his old team in CC.