SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

tumblr_inline_mnmsrzEeo11qz4rgp.gif

I think a more obvious answer to the question "what happens if we sell a LOT of the new jerseys?" would be "we need to buy more current jerseys to sell!" as opposed to "GREAT!  Let's bring back the Blackhawk logo and sell those instead."  

Let's try this a different way. (I warned you it was counterintuitive.)

The original poster commented about the lack of retro Sioux jerseys in the Dacotah Legacy Collection.

UND is building the FH brand. Therefore, an arena full of FH jerseys is good, and an arena full of Sioux jerseys is bad. (Precisely to siouxkid12's point.)

It stands to reason that, regardless of demand,  UND will not release retro Sioux jerseys until it can be relatively certain that FH jerseys will begin to rival or even outnumber Sioux jerseys at the arena. The only way for that to even remotely happen is to sell a sufficient number of FH jerseys while delaying and ultimately limiting availability of retro Sioux jerseys.

If too many people speak with their wallets and 'boycott' FH jerseys waiting for retro Sioux, I suspect we'll be waiting a long time.  Hence, my belief that the best way to speed up the arrival of retro Sioux jerseys is to buy the heck out of FH jerseys.

52 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

The original poster commented about the lack of retro Sioux jerseys in the Dacotah Legacy Collection.

UND is building the FH brand. Therefore, an arena full of FH jerseys is good, and an arena full of Sioux jerseys is bad. (Precisely to siouxkid12's point.)

It stands to reason that, regardless of demand,  UND will not release retro Sioux jerseys until it can be relatively certain that FH jerseys will begin to rival or even outnumber Sioux jerseys at the arena. The only way for that to even remotely happen is to sell a sufficient number of FH jerseys while delaying and ultimately limiting availability of retro Sioux jerseys.

If too many people speak with their wallets and 'boycott' FH jerseys waiting for retro Sioux, I suspect we'll be waiting a long time.  Hence, my belief that the best way to speed up the arrival of retro Sioux jerseys is to buy the heck out of FH jerseys.

I don't think one "counter" is enough...

25 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

I don't think one "counter" is enough...

But how many are in stock to keep the counter full? With sufficient sales there could be more counters.

Prediction: Student sections will have a majority of students in hawk gear before fans in opposite the ice sections do? How long that will take, tough one? Hawk on the MH Jersey is bound to have an effect.

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Was in Fargo Scheels Sunday. Lots of the new hockey jerseys still available. From the stock on the rack and per the conversation with the salesperson Scheels in Fargo won't be needing to order more to sell any time soon...unless Darrell buys them out to make a point! ;)

I'll buy a Hawk hockey jersey when the Hawk is on the front of the jersey. A patch on the shoulder isn't enough for me to spend my money on. Just like I never bought the plan UND hockey jersey when they retired the Blackhawk logo (around 1993?), and I didn't buy one after the Sioux logo was retired in 2012. 

7 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I'll buy a Hawk hockey jersey when the Hawk is on the front of the jersey. A patch on the shoulder isn't enough for me to spend my money on. Just like I never bought the plan UND hockey jersey when they retired the Blackhawk logo (around 1993?), and I didn't buy one after the Sioux logo was retired in 2012. 

I'm proud of the fact that the name of the state is on the front of all three jerseys.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

tumblr_o2abew6bCD1tsjzgfo1_540.gif

UND will continue to do a limited supply of $59 "Dacotah Legacy" t-shirts to protect the brand.  They don't need to pump out more $300 "vintage" hockey jerseys just to appease the mob.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I understand what you are saying but I'm sure you will agree that UND has no interest in making retro jersey with the sioux logo on them. They will protect their brand with minimal items (shirts, bobbleheads, man cave items, etc...) these items will be seen minimally at a sporting event which is what UND wants. 

I'm just glad I have a stack of game worn jerseys to wear to the games.