SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

Show some respect to Terry Casey.

That #12 is to never again grace a UND mens hockey jersey with anything but the "Casey" name on the plate.

I do understand the Terry Casey story, but I was just having a little fun knowing all the Vikings fans around here. Aaron Rodgers day is an official "holiday" today in the state of Wisconsin.

http://sioux-jersey.com/#/retired-numbers/4557443050

I do understand the Terry Casey story, but I was just having a little fun knowing all the Vikings fans around here. Aaron Rodgers day is an official "holiday" today in the state of Wisconsin.

http://sioux-jersey.com/#/retired-numbers/4557443050

Are all the Packer fans going to get together for the worlds largest Discount-Double-Check? :)

I am holding out on getting a "North Dakota" jersey until they have the authentic versions available. I was told that they aren't ordering those yet because "they aren't that popular". I have a personal rule that I won't spend $95 for one of those cheap replica jerseys. I will only purchase the authentic $250 versions. Those will last forever if you take care of them (which I do). Anyone else have an opinion on replicas vs. authentics?

I am holding out on getting a "North Dakota" jersey until they have the authentic versions available. I was told that they aren't ordering those yet because "they aren't that popular". I have a personal rule that I won't spend $95 for one of those cheap replica jerseys. I will only purchase the authentic $250 versions. Those will last forever if you take care of them (which I do). Anyone else have an opinion on replicas vs. authentics?

I will get all of the "North Dakota" jersey, only if it was authentic and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than what the current price is for authentics. The only reason I purchase replica jerseys is to get them autographed and framed, other than that they are nothing special.

• Upvote 1

Replicas are fine when you're a 10 year old kid and will outgrow your jersey in a season or two...for me as an adult, it's authentic or no jersey at all.

I also think the reason that the new jerseys aren't available in authentic versions yet is that people know in 4-5 years, UND will have new jerseys - likely with some sort of logo on it. Why buy now when it'll all change in a few years anyways?

I think Folks have stocked up on Sioux gear- at least Hockey fans have NO plans to change - I think it will be many years before there is a change - Face it every name has been bounced around & none are really very good and if a lame name & logo is picked it will take even longer for sales to pick up - We were wronged by the ncaa & Hockey fans will never forget

I think Folks have stocked up on Sioux gear- at least Hockey fans have NO plans to change - I think it will be many years before there is a change - Face it every name has been bounced around & none are really very good and if a lame name & logo is picked it will take even longer for sales to pick up - We were wronged by the ncaa & Hockey fans will never forget

When a new name and logo are selected I think you will be surprised by the amount of people that will embrace it and support it by purchasing new apparel. Specifically to hockey jerseys, if they do a good job with not only a name and logo, but the design of the jerseys, people will buy them.

When a new name and logo are selected I think you will be surprised by the amount of people that will embrace it and support it by purchasing new apparel. Specifically to hockey jerseys, if they do a good job with not only a name and logo, but the design of the jerseys, people will buy them.

I agree with this. The process won't take as long as some expect. Of course there will still be a number of people wearing Sioux stuff, but for many, it's about having the latest and greatest item, which means making the transition. Also, the freshmen this year and going forward will have no ties to the Sioux name other than the residual factor of it lingering around.

In other news, who knew that Minnesota football uses a Sioux indian phrase on their football jerseys?!

167489_10151295952357943_1443577199_n.jpg

"U of M Rugby captain John Adams coined the phrase in 1884., had heard Sioux boys yell "ski-yoo!" when they won canoe races on Lake Pepin. He took that as the Sioux word for victory, or exultation. and a co-captain added the "mah" to make it rhyme with "rah" and created "Ski-U-Mah!"" (Wikipedia)

Tell me that isn't hostile or abusive?!

I agree with this. The process won't take as long as some expect. Of course there will still be a number of people wearing Sioux stuff, but for many, it's about having the latest and greatest item, which means making the transition. Also, the freshmen this year and going forward will have no ties to the Sioux name other than the residual factor of it lingering around.

Sad but true. In a few years, most everyone in the crowd at REA will be sporting new jerseys...and Sioux jerseys will pop up as often as a North Stars jersey at a Wild game.

In other news, who knew that Minnesota football uses a Sioux indian phrase on their football jerseys?!

"U of M Rugby captain John Adams coined the phrase in 1884., had heard Sioux boys yell "ski-yoo!" when they won canoe races on Lake Pepin. He took that as the Sioux word for victory, or exultation. and a co-captain added the "mah" to make it rhyme with "rah" and created "Ski-U-Mah!"" (Wikipedia)

It's not :D

I've always wondered what it meant...and now I do.

I just think that's an ugly football jersey.

Could it be a '59? I saw a replica on an auction site that was almost exact except the white on the sleeves look wider...but being a replica it could be slightly off so I'll leave it to your expert opinion.

UND NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX RETRO HOCKEY JERSEY -59

1_33e2fa4bbce00b4ccb9b5c03552dde65.jpg

• Sold Date: 02/18/2011
  • Channel: Online Auction
  • Source: eBay
  • Category: Sports

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A VERY RARE NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX RETRO JERSEY. WORN DURING THE 1959 SEASON. THIS IS THE HOME WHITE VERSION AND EXACT REPLICA JERSEY WORN DURING THOSE SEASONS. FROM THE NECK DESIGN TO THE STRIPING TO THE LETTERING FONT AND PATCHES THIS IS A EXACT REPLICATION OF THIS SPECIFIC JERSEY. ALSO INCLUDES A SPECIAL 1959 TITLE PATCH ON BACK HEM TO HONOR THAT 59 TEAM WHICH WAS THE SCHOOLS 1ST EVER NCAA TITLE OF 7. THIS IS TOP NOTCH AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED. PLEASE SPECIFY THE SIZE WITH PURCHASE. WILL COMBINE SHIPPING WITH PURCHASE OF 1 OR MORE ITEM. ALL JERSEYS ARE SEWN USING TACKLE TWILL LETTERING AND FULLY EMBROIDERED CRESTS AND PATCHES FOR THE MOST AUTHENTIC LOOK AND FEEL OUT THERE!SIZING

Yeah those are my jerseys.

Adam I know the gamer i used to have was kollars and orwick may have it now again. So it was in the years kollar played. Actually you may have the photo saved somewhere from the game photo you made for my website at the time. Check your files

Yeah those are my jerseys.

Adam I know the gamer i used to have was kollars and orwick may have it now again. So it was in the years kollar played. Actually you may have the photo saved somewhere from the game photo you made for my website at the time. Check your files

Did the Sioux wear them in the final game played at the old Ralph? I thought I remember Schneider fighting in that jersey.