SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

My recollection is that the final game at the old Ralph was an exhibition game right before the new Ralph opened in October 2001. I believe the team switched off throwback jerseys between periods. I once owned one Tim Skarperud wore that game--it had the Blackhawk design logo

• Upvote 1

Outrages prices today in the gamer auction!

They were quite high. It's kind of a good thing and a bad thing. Good knowing that my current game-worn collection value has gone up considerably, but bad because it's getting very difficult to add to the collection.

Thanks for all the input on that '59 throwback jersey. If anyone else can recall anything, I'd appreciate it as well.

Can someone explain to me how the Gophers can get away with Ski-u-Mah on the back of their helmets. Kind of a double standard in my opinion. So maybe the Sioux new nickname should be a Sioux word or phrase. If the Goofers can get away with it why can't the Sioux?

I think they can get away with it in that it isn't spelled correctly and the last part was just made up.....They just keep on screaming it in blisfull ignorance

But really it's total hipocracy .....which completely fits within the guidelines of the INDIANapolis INDIANA based NCAA

I think they can get away with it in that it isn't spelled correctly and the last part was just made up.....They just keep on screaming it in blisfull ignorance

But really it's total hipocracy .....which completely fits within the guidelines of the INDIANapolis INDIANA based NCAA

With Pontiac as a main sponsor for years sporting a arrowhead logo :/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Big A HG or AZSIOUX...do either of you know the size of the numbers on the back of some of the Sioux older-style jerseys? I know 10" is most-common today but I came across an old b/w photo from the old barn that appears to show 12" numbers. I want to get some jerseys customized but also want to be historically accurate.

Hey, Big A HG or AZSIOUX...do either of you know the size of the numbers on the back of some of the Sioux older-style jerseys? I know 10" is most-common today but I came across an old b/w photo from the old barn that appears to show 12" numbers. I want to get some jerseys customized but also want to be historically accurate.

It's hard to say for sure without having an actual game-worn to measure. Different styles of jerseys had different sized numbers so it's all a guessing game. What I'd try is making some paper numbers of different sizes and setting them on your sweater and see how it looks in comparison to a photo of the jersey you are trying to replicate and pick the size you feel looks best.

Depending on what jersey you are trying to get numbered, the jersey itself will may make the numbers look bigger/smaller in comparison to the cut of the jerseys way back when.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If you want to send me a pic of the jersey you are getting numbered, shoot me an email at siouxjersey@gmail.com. I just remembered you had texted me about this before, but forgot to respond after work having seen it when I first started work for the day.

Any word if we are gonna sport some retro throwback (non native american...obviously) jersey for our outdoor game in Omaha? Would be sweet to see something new for that game!!

Yeah Im hoping we go with some type of "North Dakota" Retro jersey for the outdoor game. It's been too long since the Sioux have worn a retro jersey.

• 2 weeks later...

Started something new that has been kind of fun. It's not really jersey related, but I want to add them to Sioux-Jersey.com as I make them.

As you can see it's an exact replica of the ice design at the Ralph, this one being the 2011-12 season. Is it something you'd like to see more of?

2011-12_small_zps907c211e.png

• Upvote 2

Started something new that has been kind of fun. It's not really jersey related, but I want to add them to Sioux-Jersey.com as I make them.

As you can see it's an exact replica of the ice design at the Ralph, this one being the 2011-12 season. Is it something you'd like to see more of?

2011-12_small_zps907c211e.png

Nice work Big.

Do you have any details of the different center/red line designs that UND has used over the years? Here's a picture from several years ago that shows a different design:

85134210-college-hockey-aerial-view-of-north-dakota-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QeGjO5igGTFwSz3cx4z9MhMq16wbEKkak9il80o%2FRu9ErztiFmsyIzQHDPODR2iRR26QOqp8RK7F5rnwP4uTzbo%3D

I've always wondered why the Ralph doesn't incorporate some kind of unique design into the center line, like many arenas.

Here's a blog that shows lot of the different designs in arenas around the country, and talks about why center lines are different to begin with (apparently it has to do with black & white TV):

http://www.uni-watch...s-wide-variety/

Nice work Big.

Do you have any details of the different center/red line designs that UND has used over the years? Here's a picture from several years ago that shows a different design:

85134210-college-hockey-aerial-view-of-north-dakota-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QeGjO5igGTFwSz3cx4z9MhMq16wbEKkak9il80o%2FRu9ErztiFmsyIzQHDPODR2iRR26QOqp8RK7F5rnwP4uTzbo%3D

I've always wondered why the Ralph doesn't incorporate some kind of unique design into the center line, like many arenas.

Here's a blog that shows lot of the different designs in arenas around the country, and talks about why center lines are different to begin with (apparently it has to do with black & white TV):

http://www.uni-watch...s-wide-variety/

Thanks! Your photo isn't showing up, but yeah, because red and blue looked so similar on black and white TV's, most teams decided to put some sort of pattern in the red stripe. That way, when the two grays looked similar, the pattern made the center stripe stand out. I haven't seen a design that incorporates some sort of image from the Sioux, but they do use different patterns...usually just switching up the way the white blocks are within the stripe. I think a lot of it has to do with not having a great choice for a logo or icon to use. The Geometric logo would have worked nice, and I suppose the ND would as well. Personally, I prefer just the simple blocks for the Sioux. I do like some teams' designs though.

I have a lot of research to do in this department as this is something that I've just started. If anyone has any good pics of the ice throughout the years, I'd love to see 'em.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...