SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

Authentics are priced at $250 at the Sioux Shop...have been since the new Reebok style was released. Scheels in Grand Forks always has the $300 price tag on the authentics, with a sale tag of $250. they have done this for a good year now. I was just in there today and they still are $250.

I get up to Fargo about once a year...here I was ecstatic to get one for $250. Thanks for bursting my bubble. :lol:

Sorry...at Christmas time, I've seen the authentics at Scheels both in Fargo and Grand Forks marked down to $200.

Even better news to brighten my day...I'm just getting over the fact that I bought the black authentic with the WCHA tag on the back two years ago...then move the tag to the much more likeable front of the jersey. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy putting some jerseys together for the Encyclopedia portion of Sioux-Jersey.com. These are all the home/away jerseys from 1964-78.

First row: 1964-67

Second row: 1967-71

Third row: 1971-74

Fourth row: 1974-78

The 1974-78 version might be the least known Sioux jersey in existence, and may be the ugliest of all time.

64-78_zpsc6244b02.png

• Upvote 1

Saw this ad on GFHerald.com. Now you can customize your jerseys right at the arena.

axbeky.jpg

Saw this ad on GFHerald.com. Now you can customize your jerseys right at the arena.

I saw that too, but I think "heat-press" and "authentic" are words that should not be used in the same sentence together. Use caution.

was browsing ebay for some jerseys....sports city in fargo has an account and is selling the newest jerseys (the replica or "premier" versions) for 100 bucks. I am guessing they have them in stock in the Fargo store possibly?

Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UND-North-Dakota-Hockey-Jersey-Black-Reebok-Replica-Fighting-Sioux-2012-WCHA-/350605105008?pt=US_NCAA_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item51a1b15770

Yes, the replicas are in stock at Sports City in Fargo. I saw the ebay auctions as well and went and checked them out. They're about what you'd expect for a replica. Hoping some authentics will be rolling in, but I heard some news that might put authentics in jeopardy.

I saw that too, but I think "heat-press" and "authentic" are words that should not be used in the same sentence together. Use caution.

Your absolutely right. If your going to spend 150-200 on a jersey you would be doing a disservice to your self if you had them heat-press your name and or number on the jersey.

Tackla Twill is the way to go. Just like the originals.

I think they are referring to heat pressing the twill names/numbers...which is a standard practice. After getting pressed on, they are then stitched for added reinforcement. It makes it easier to stitch because the twill isn't moving around.

I hope so.

I think they are referring to heat pressing the twill names/numbers...which is a standard practice. After getting pressed on, they are then stitched for added reinforcement. It makes it easier to stitch because the twill isn't moving around.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard the word "authentic," I'd be a rich man. I purchased a USA hockey jersey several years ago and the vendor insisted that the NOB was as real as Team USA itself. Imagine my outrage when the jersey arrives and I see individual letters sewn on the back of the jersey..and no nameplate. EPIC FAIL.

Big,

Just wondering if you have updated your website with the other gamers yet?

I haven't had a chance to do some scouting to get some more people to get their collection added. I am making some updates today, though.

If anyone has any game-worn Sioux jerseys, I'd love to be able to show it off on the site.

I haven't had a chance to do some scouting to get some more people to get their collection added. I am making some updates today, though.

If anyone has any game-worn Sioux jerseys, I'd love to be able to show it off on the site.

Do you mind posting the URL to your website? I am unaware of it and I love anything that has to do with the Sioux and especially Sioux Hockey.

In regard to the new Authentics by Reebok shop at REA:

Via REA Facebook page

We do offer stitched letters and numbers but we do still send those out to the same company that does the men's team jerseys. Authentics at REA does use the same twill letters and number you see on the ice. In fact they are ordered directly from the same guys who decorates the team jerseys. The letters and numbers are applied using a heat press, same as what you would get if you were to purchase a MN Wild numbered jersey at the Xcel in St. Paul. Stop by and check us out!

So, as others have already guessed, Authentics by Reebok at REA will use heat press but you have the option of having the jersey shipped out to have numbers/letters stitched.

In regard to the new Authentics by Reebok shop at REA:

Via REA Facebook page

So, as others have already guessed, Authentics by Reebok at REA will use heat press but you have the option of having the jersey shipped out to have numbers/letters stitched.

EDITED: I just read it for myself. Just to clarify what MissSioux85 wrote, having heat pressed names/numbers doesn't mean the names/numbers aren't twill. Twill can be heat pressed, stitched on, or both for added durability. What it sounds like is they are getting pre-cut twill letters and numbers and just heat pressing them on. They are still twill, but don't have the added reinforcement (or look) of what the players have.

Also, I'm not sure I trust them when they say the jerseys get customized at the same place as the team. I was told that when I had a couple of the Nike dazzle jerseys customized, only to get them back all wrong from a place in Minnesota that doesn't do the men's jerseys.

EDITED: I just read it for myself. Just to clarify what MissSioux85 wrote, having heat pressed names/numbers doesn't mean the names/numbers aren't twill. Twill can be heat pressed, stitched on, or both for added durability. What it sounds like is they are getting pre-cut twill letters and numbers and just heat pressing them on. They are still twill, but don't have the added reinforcement (or look) of what the players have.

Also, I'm not sure I trust them when they say the jerseys get customized at the same place as the team. I was told that when I had a couple of the Nike dazzle jerseys customized, only to get them back all wrong from a place in Minnesota that doesn't do the men's jerseys.

Really? I had the exact same issue regarding jerseys from around 2005ish...I thought the NOB on the back of my white jersey was "authentic" but upon further review, it was only close to being what the players wore.

Big A HG...PM me or send me a text!