SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #1: I guess we are playing CC.

Wilbur

6 points on the road is never easy. Huge sweep. 

I'll join the general consensus on their overall play. To me, it looked like you'd expect for their first couple of games this year, when they are still trying to get their feet under them. Which makes sense. There must have been a hard reset after the bubble. Given how mediocre UND played, not having Cruikshank I do think was the difference for CC not getting any points this weekend. To me, Slavin was by far the best forward on the ice. If that top line was intact, given how UND's top line looked, it would have made things even more interesting.

UND's top line struggled, but the Adams line was good.  Getting them both going would make the team tough to play.  I'm not sure Budy is ready for that spot yet, but also not sure who else would fit.  Caulfield has tantalizing vision, but you'd be losing Budy's motor in that swap. 

I'm no hockey mind - never played, just a lifelong Sioux fan, but I find it interesting about all the comments here regarding poor play, yet coach Berry said this: "It was a one-goal game tonight, but I thought we played better than we did last night in a 3-0 win"

11 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I'm no hockey mind - never played, just a lifelong Sioux fan, but I find it interesting about all the comments here regarding poor play, yet coach Berry said this: "It was a one-goal game tonight, but I thought we played better than we did last night in a 3-0 win"

I thought the second period was awful, but besides that probably did play better. 

34 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've talked to players from the 80s to today. Each to a man has commented that they don't feel "rested" or "sharp" or "recovered" the morning after an altitude game and it affects them the second game. 

Altitude is a real thing. I live higher than Springs or Denver but whenever I leave the state it takes me about a day to feel normal again when I return. Then two days later when I am at the gym I notice a considerable decline in my cardio.

31 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Altitude is a real thing. I live higher than Springs or Denver but whenever I leave the state it takes me about a day to feel normal again when I return. Then two days later when I am at the gym I notice a considerable decline in my cardio.

I hear ya on that one, I interned with the aspen/pitken county airport that first week at 8200 feet coming from grand forks was rough. 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I think they're already planning for Sun/Mon at DU (assuming it goes).

Berry's quote in todays article confirmed that. Sunday/Monday, but Denver has to get through one more round of testing. 

21 minutes ago, AJS said:

Berry's quote in todays article confirmed that. Sunday/Monday, but Denver has to get through one more round of testing. 

Going back to altitude, I'm glad they get the full week (Sun/Mon) and not a short-turn, short-week Fri/Sat series.