SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #1: I guess we are playing CC.

Wilbur

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

The Sioux need to dig out their old goalie tether for Scheel.  He narrowly avoided giving up a cheap one last night after trying to clear the puck from the corner.  Luckily CC couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat or that game may have taken a different turn.

The funny thing is that he's not a superb puck handler.  I mean he's your average goalie in terms of playing it, but he's out there like Stalock sometimes playing it in the corner and doesn't get a ton on a ring or off the glass clearing attempt, then its ohh crap....:lol:

First world problems when guys like me are complaining about something he did after a shutout of all things.  :whistling:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The funny thing is that he's not a superb puck handler.  I mean he's your average goalie in terms of playing it, but he's out there like Stalock sometimes playing it in the corner and doesn't get a ton on a ring or off the glass clearing attempt, then its ohh crap....:lol:

First world problems when guys like me are complaining about something he did after a shutout of all things.  :whistling:

If he wants to keep moving up in the Goalie Union he needs to stop putting those gaffs on tape. 

2 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

I'm a MIDCO guy, and with the game only on NCHC.TV tonight, I hope they get the issues resolved.

same here, Sodbuster.  

does anyone plan on showing a stream tonight via Siouxsports?   Otherwise, it's Monday Night Hennessy for me. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If he wants to keep moving up in the Goalie Union he needs to stop putting those gaffs on tape. 

Like a coach I had once told me, "you're a hell of a lot better at stopping pucks in the net than in the $%%#@@#$ corner."  

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

does anyone plan on showing a stream tonight via Siouxsports?   Otherwise, it's Monday Night Hennessy for me. 

If I get home on time, I'll give it a go. I will have to shake the rust off though as I haven't done a stream since last hockey season.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

If I get home on time, I'll give it a go. I will have to shake the rust off though as I haven't done a stream since last hockey season.

Thank you for giving it a try.  This is the first of 11 games this year not shown on MidCo so I/we've gotten a bit spoiled. 

I know we've been spoiled with being able to watch every game, but why not pick up tonight's game at CC too?  I looked on the Midco schedule and it appears there is a replay of a basketball game of the Bizen on this evening?  

Yes, I could just pay the small fee to watch the game.  I know....I know.....

4 hours ago, bcblues said:

3) Scheel played really well, but he still makes me nervous coming so far out of the crease after the puck, especially when he just flips it out to nobody in particular. Also, he gives up so many rebounds. That will eventually cost goals.

This is now your second post being critical of a guy who just had a shutout.... geez.

And do be specific about the all bad rebounds yesterday. I'd love to know what you saw that I didn't-- like, give me specifics.

• Upvote 1

Definitely could see the rust last night on a lot of little things just not being real crisp like puck handling, passes, and even just seeing a lot of guys falling down although part of that may be the CC ice. Thought we could've shot the puck a little more last night but did generate a number of real good chances. Did a pretty nice job of taking away space in the neutral zone and transitioning for having so long of a layoff. Hoping to see another win with a little more crispness tonight.