SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 4-Denver....again.

Wilbur

To quote Starman, "Denver is the best 0-3 team I've ever seen."

Welp, now that we've got Kleven and Sanderson leaving we may be a little thin on d for a bit.  Guessing they go with a lot of mixing and matching on defense, but this is what it looks like in my book.

Kierstad (L)-Frisch(R)

JBD (R)-Bast (R)

Moore (L)-Reiger (R)

Denver missing @Goon's nephew, which is their best player.

I'm giving the net to Thome based on the fact that Denver already saw Mr. Scheel.  

3-2 UND.  Wilbur's luck guides our puck.  

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

To quote Starman, "Denver is the best 0-3 team I've ever seen."

Welp, now that we've got Kleven and Sanderson leaving we may be a little thin on d for a bit.  Guessing they go with a lot of mixing and matching on defense, but this is what it looks like in my book.

Kierstad (L)-Frisch(R)

JBD (R)-Bast (R)

Moore (L)-Reiger (R)

Denver missing @Goon's nephew, which is their best player.

I'm giving the net to Thome based on the fact that Denver already saw Mr. Scheel.  

3-2 UND.  Wilbur's luck guides our puck.  

Honestly, Moore and Rieger on the same pairing is something I don’t care to see at this point in the season. So hopefully we can figure out a good rotation. 

10 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Honestly, Moore and Rieger on the same pairing is something I don’t care to see at this point in the season. So hopefully we can figure out a good rotation. 

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Guessing they go with a lot of mixing and matching on defense, but this is what it looks like in my book.

Kierstad (L)-Frisch(R)

JBD (R)-Bast (R)

Moore (L)-Reiger (R)

Put Moore with Bast 

Rieger with Frisch

JBD and Kierstad pull big minutes rest of the Pod

We'll be saying this over and over this year, but as important as every game is this season, this has a little extra importance. Denver is a really good team, who will no-doubt make a run, but UND could start to sort of bury Denver with a win. I would find it hard to believe that a team could win the NCHC starting without a win in their first four. Not that they couldn't finish 2nd or 3rd, but it'd be a long road back. 

St. Cloud and Duluth are sprinting right now and UND needs to keep pace. With Kleven leaving as well, UND has to cross their fingers that nobody gets injured. As there roster stands now, they are still in good shape, but I believe they only have one healthy scratch. 

I'd like to see a cleaner game from UND.  Didn't play all that well against Denver the first time but found a way to get some points and a win.

This is a big time week for UND.  This week will be a gauntlet.  Denver, Duluth, SCSU, and then a pissed off Western team.  We will figure out really quick where we are at. 

• Upvote 1

I think this will be the first game that will truly show how these guys handle the bubble with 4 games to wrap up a week so far in the pod. Hopefully they come out better than in last game vs DU but I think being the 2nd time seeing them, they’ll be ready. 

Hoping for an 0-4 DU team come tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

I think this will be the first game that will truly show how these guys handle the bubble with 4 games to wrap up a week so far in the pod. Hopefully they come out better than in last game vs DU but I think being the 2nd time seeing them, they’ll be ready. 

Hoping for an 0-4 DU team come tonight. 

Why do people think their performance against Denver last time was so poor? This is the NCHC, the SEC of College Hockey. Not the Little 7. Every game is a fight for survival.

57 minutes ago, bcblues said:

The NCHC is the Colosseum of college hockey.

Regardless, UND needs to come out of the blocks strong and keep DU from having even a glimmer of hope.  ;)

Can they out desperate the very desperate Denver Pioneers?  Glad there was bad blood at the end of the last game.  Hopefully the intensity spills over to today. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Can they out desperate the very desperate Denver Pioneers?  Glad there was bad blood at the end of the last game.  Hopefully the intensity spills over to today. 

Definitely need this one, which will make Denver even more desperate when they play Duluth and St. Cloud again.