SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

was zeb pulled or hurt..would love a qb making his first start against und or even zeb...he looks sketchy

Lolol I have no idea if the kid is any good... but if I was any team in the Valley I'd be more than happy to play against Zeb.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JohnboyND7 said:

Lolol I have no idea if the kid is any good... but if I was any team in the Valley I'd be more than happy to play against Zeb.

looks like zeb's number were crap so i'm assuming he was pulled bc of that just wondering if he was dinged up or something...but yeah he looks like crap...

Rivalry games are always a battle and they own us till we beat them. We beat them if we keep our emotions in check. We beat them if we don’t beat ourselves. We beat them if we beat on them in the trenches. We beat them if we actually believe we can!  We look like the better team right now. Time to prove it!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

Rivalry games are always a battle and they own us till we beat them. We beat them if we keep our emotions in check. We beat them if we don’t beat ourselves. We beat them if we beat on them in the trenches. We beat them if we actually believe we can!  We look like the better team right now. Time to prove it!

i do like they are having a qb issue for the first time in 10 years or more the week before 'THE GAME"

34 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

image.jpeg.282d390dc896ca11f931438575f9db0a.jpeg

Watched Miller kid play today he gives SU more options at the quarterback position because he can run which Zeb can't and he did have some zip on the ball but not very clean thrown ball. The other thing is he runs like running back not avoiding contact and he took pretty good shot today doing that. I maybe wrong but if he does that regularly he won't survive the season.  SU has been very lucky to have 10 years of quarterbacks that have been of NFL caliber not many football programs can say that and especially at FCS level. Also to have these kids not being hurt much at all in their careers at NDSU and i believe this has been reason for championship run in FCS football the quarterbacks always make big difference between teams.

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I don’t understand anyone younger than 55 years old

I'm 29. And I can't relate to 95% of my classmates on a cultural level. If I am the first person in your life to quote Napoleon Dynamite or Superbad....I dont see you being successful.

We'll see how the game goes.

I won't be shocked by any result. The backup kid looked like a football player and may have juiced up ndsu a bit. Hoping that wasn't just a sample size thing. 

Haven't seen NDSU look legit vulnerable in a long time. 

4 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

With UNI losing by only 1 point to So. Illinois, how many spots will UNI move up in the polls this week?

I think you Joshing a little and I think we stay ahead of UNI for at least another week. Even with their staying power in the upper end of Polls. Somehow I feel good about not having them on our schedule, we might mot match up well against them?

6 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'm 29. And I can't relate to 95% of my classmates on a cultural level. If I am the first person in your life to quote Napoleon Dynamite or Superbad....I dont see you being successful.

I coach a Highschool sport and they are so different than millennials it’s crazy. However, after you peel back the first couples layers which have been created by social media running their lives since they were 5, they’re the same as every other generation. If you don’t baby them at all and demand accountability after a bit they get it. But it’s a tough transition for them.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I coach a Highschool sport and they are so different than millennials it’s crazy. However, after you peel back the first couples layers which have been created by social media running their lives since they were 5, they’re the same as every other generation. If you don’t baby them at all and demand accountability after a bit they get it. But it’s a tough transition for them.

I agree. Every generation has "their thing" but kids are kids. They want to know somebody cares. Taking the time to get to know them reveals that. Older generations (like mine) have been predicting the end of society since cave men ruled. Culture changes, but eventually our common values prevail. Good insight Geaux.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

I agree. Every generation has "their thing" but kids are kids. They want to know somebody cares. Taking the time to get to know them reveals that. Older generations (like mine) have been predicting the end of society since cave men ruled. Culture changes, but eventually our common values prevail. Good insight Geaux.

I agree, but what would you say are the common values that span generations? 

28 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Ya I agree kids are kids. But aren't we talking about men now? :blush:

13 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Yeah how embarrassing for young people to be celebrating and acting a little goofy following a college football victory. I’m sure UNDs locker room following victories is a beacon of focus and stoicism.

Kids of this generation record themselves doing weird crap, it’s not confined to the basement of the Fargo dome.

Will you at least admit the bar has been lowered when they celebrate scrapping out a one score win at home against a team that in the past they would have boat raced? 

Family,  community,  faith. Even the "hellians" I went to school with in the dark ages eventually come around. The bad guys get put away or die young. Those that live on want to live in peace and eventually turn to things that make us all safe and secure. Nobody wants to live a life of chaos. More recently, we've let 24 hour news channels and social media promote discord (our differences of opinion rather than our common interests). We and younger generations will learn how to better navigate this somewhat new medium and get back to center. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Siouxper32 said:

Ya I agree kids are kids. But aren't we talking about men now? :blush:

Not necessarily. The comforts of college prolong adolescence. They are young men, but still kids. The real world will be there soon enough. And we hope the college years have prepared them for it.

3 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Not necessarily. The comforts of college prolong adolescence. They are young men, but still kids. The real world will be there soon enough. And we hope the college years have prepared them for it.

Ya I guess and in this case those bison are still trying to figure out their gender. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Will you at least admit the bar has been lowered when they celebrate scrapping out a one score win at home against a team that in the past they would have boat raced? 

Should they be upset? They won. The bar at NDSU is high, but these kids are all part of a brand new team whose record is 3-1(I’m not counting the fall as that was a different team)

They are developing and learning and victories along the journey of development of any endeavor should be celebrated. 

There is plenty to work on for NDSU once the film study is done, but 10 minutes after a victory in the locker room following a game is not the time to be dissatisfied with a win because it wasn’t impressive enough for the program’s insane standards.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Siouxper32 said:

Ya I guess and in this case those bison are still trying to figure out their gender. 

How original of you, dancing and laughing makes them feminine.

I’m sure you’re man enough to express that opinion to their faces right?

35 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Family,  community,  faith. Even the "hellians" I went to school with in the dark ages eventually come around. The bad guys get put away or die young. Those that live on want to live in peace and eventually turn to things that make us all safe and secure. Nobody wants to live a life of chaos. More recently, we've let 24 hour news channels and social media promote discord (our differences of opinion rather than our common interests). We and younger generations will learn how to better navigate this somewhat new medium and get back to center. 

I like your optimism and hope you are right, but those three values you mentioned are objectively on the decline with younger people. 

There is a rapidly decreasing amount of things that can be leaned on in tough times that bind us together in this country anymore. Sport used to be one of them, I hope that continues to be true in the future.

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Should they be upset? They won. The bar at NDSU is high, but these kids are all part of a brand new team whose record is 3-1(I’m not counting the fall as that was a different team)

They are developing and learning and victories along the journey of development of any endeavor should be celebrated. 

There is plenty to work on for NDSU once the film study is done, but 10 minutes after a victory in the locker room following a game is not the time to be dissatisfied with a win because it wasn’t impressive enough for the program’s insane standards.

However this is the same school that does not allow players to celebrate a conference championship because "it's not the championship we want".