SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

I'm not sure how much that #1 overall seed will help us this year.
Normally we'd get the AHA auto-qual team...but this year they might stick BSU or something as the 4 seed in the Fargo regional...a much tougher game.
I'd like to see them "protect" the #1 overall seed a bit, but I'm not sure if this is the year for that to happen.

52 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Normally we'd get the AHA auto-qual team...but this year they might stick BSU or something as the 4 seed in the Fargo regional...a much tougher game.
I'd like to see them "protect" the #1 overall seed a bit, but I'm not sure if this is the year for that to happen.

Could be 2 AHA teams this year too

As for the offside, York made clear that he thinks the rule should change.

"In slow motion, Casey (Carreau)'s skate is two inches off the ice," York said. "The elation of scoring the OT goal, but then it's reviewed and offsides. The NHL had problems with that, they changed the rule (to breaking the plane of the blue line). But that's the rule we have (in college hockey) and it was the correct call."

Better yet, York, maybe beat teams you are clearly better then.

The NHL rule sounds dumb just like the trapezoid. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, cberkas said:

Better yet, York, maybe beat teams you are clearly better then.

The NHL rule sounds dumb just like the trapezoid. 

It’s based on icing or a goal just need to cross the end line. Either on the ice or in the air. But offsides you have to be on the ice. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, brianvf said:

Regardless of who UND plays having the number 1 overall seed will give us last change as long as we move forward in the tournament and that is huge.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, brianvf said:

SCSU has shown us that the overall #1 doesn’t get protected. :lol:  no game from here on out will be easy. No more Miami matchups. 

• Upvote 1

I mean, msu has looked flat out bad though. Hopefully this is a case of them getting a wakeup call and figuring it out for the big dance. This has been coming for about 3 weeks. Lazy, unmotivated play since the Ferris state series in mid-february. Their talent has just gotten them through.