SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

https://seamoresports.com/2021/03/19/aic-works-to-earn-2-1-aha-semifinal-victory-eric-lang-on-the-game-and-what-comes-next/

More on AIC-Niagara and what comes next for AIC. Eric Lang was happy with his group despite having to come back in the third. Read it if you like, offer feedback on the interesting shoutout he gave to his Volunteer Director of Hockey Ops. 

21 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Highlights from the UMass comeback win over BC...crazy to see how much time & space both teams have...from what I've seen of most Western teams this year, it'd be hard for many of these plays to happen in the NCHC.

With each goal you see Knight get more and more defeated.

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

Highlights from the UMass comeback win over BC...crazy to see how much time & space both teams have...from what I've seen of most Western teams this year, it'd be hard for many of these plays to happen in the NCHC.

Knight likes to watch pucks sail past his blocker. 

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

I’ve reffed squirt goalies with better positioning. 

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

Holy blocker side 1st round draft pick.....:huh:

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Godsmack said:

DU’s case for making the tournament. My problem with the mitigating factors this author makes in order to make a case for DU is, how do you quantify them versus the litany of mitigating factors other bubble teams would make for making their case for  inclusion???

https://letsgodu.com/2021/03/19/making-denver-hockeys-case-for-the-ncaa-tournament/

I think DU's chances of making the tourney got worse with Minnesota State losing. They need AIC to win tonight. 

9 hours ago, brianvf said:

Big 10 is fairly similar. Really noticed it when we played Minnesota in 2019 and their forwards would be moving up the ice with the puck and they thought they would be able to make east and west moves and dangles heading through the neutral zone and would be surprised over and over at getting their stick lifted and the puck taken by a backchecking UND forward.

Backchecking is an afterthought. For many of the forwards in these conferences they have two phases to their game

1. Offense

2. Waiting to be on Offense

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, cberkas said:

With each goal you see Knight get more and more defeated.

Let’s hope he doesn’t play lights out the rest of the tournament like he did after a less than stellar opening game in the World Juniors.

• Upvote 1