SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

25 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I honestly don't see very many people not masked. where or what types of places do see such lax masking?

That's a good question. In Grand Forks, ND, you can't go into a store without a mask, so, I don't you can blame lax masking in Grand Forks, ND. 

March sounds like when the vaccine(s) will be available to anyone who wants it. So my question is.....when 30-40% of the citizens in this country opt not to get the vaccine is the government going to hold their hands becauce of continued fear mongering with lingering restrictions, lockdowns, masks and social distancing?

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Also note though and this is important... significantly fewer tests.

So ...shockingly.... less cases where found. Who isnt being tested as much for the numbers to be down...

Healthy asymptomatic mass tested individuals between 5 and 40.

when these people dont come out in incentiviced droves, not as many tests happen...ala less "cases". It means nothing in the grandnscheme of the actual population this thing has been and is going to burn through, symptoms or no symptoms.

This isnt hard to see.

I honestly don't see very many people not masked. where or what types of places do see such lax masking?

Its almost as if you sit there rocking back and forth working yourself into a pile of anxiety that you then manifest into projections of doom and gloom that you need to come true for a validation of any remaining importance...

IF you really are an old feller, id say look at the positives and LIVE a LIFE before you dont have the ability to...

IF you're not quite as old as you present... you really ought to know better and at least enough not to let this thing steal the years a real old feller would know and understand the value of.

Old is relative.  I live a very active life.  Until this cold weather set in I spent a minimum of 3 days a week (6-10 hrs a day} cleaningup an old farmsted enjoying serenity, free from anxiety.  I wear a mask, comply with social distantcy and go about the city.

There is no gloom and doom here.  

Except for missing our great grandaughters ( they live 2000 miles away but hope to see them betwwen thanksgiving and christmas ) we live an idelic life.

Disclaimer:

I don't eat out, althought I enjoy beer, do not go to bars and I do not rollar skate in a buffalo herd.

Wish that you and your ilk could find peace with yourself.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

when these people dont come out in incentiviced droves, not as many tests happen...ala less "cases". 

Let me translate that for some of you:

People are finally asking themselves: Why get tested? It only gets me more mandates and shutdowns. 

The incentive to get tested just isn't there when you have to wear a mask and the bars close. All the more (less?) when you test positive for this vast pandemic disease that gives you no symptoms. 

29 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Also note though and this is important... significantly fewer tests.

So ...shockingly.... less cases where found. Who isnt being tested as much for the numbers to be down...

Healthy asymptomatic mass tested individuals between 5 and 40.

when these people dont come out in incentiviced droves, not as many tests happen...ala less "cases". It means nothing in the grandnscheme of the actual population this thing has been and is going to burn through, symptoms or no symptoms.

This isnt hard to see.

Its almost as if you sit there rocking back and forth working yourself into a pile of anxiety that you then manifest into projections of doom and gloom that you need to come true for a validation of any remaining importance...

IF you really are an old feller, id say look at the positives and LIVE a LIFE before you dont have the ability to...

IF you're not quite as old as you present... you really ought to know better and at least enough not to let this thing steal the years a real old feller would know and understand the value of.

The majority are certainly wearing masks now (as they were a month ago), but there are still plenty ignoring the signs in Walmart, Dan's, and various restaurants (prior to being seated).  Of those wearing a mask, I'd guess around 20% have them under the nose.

17 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

No one is scared by the total number of positives in ND. There aren’t enough people in ND for that number to be soooo scary. It absolutely is the daily positivity rates and the per capita rates that have people concerned. 

And to the guy upthread talking about all the asymptomatic 5 - 39 year olds being incentivized to get tested and increasing the case numbers - do you have any data for that or did you pull it out of the air? And what incentives are you talking about? Is the incentive to know if you’re positive for the highly contagious virus overloading our hospital systems and causing many fatalities, or is there something more sinister at play here? WTAF

I wouldn’t say COVID is highly contagious. It’s pretty much middle of the road and pretty comparable to influenza. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

No one is scared by the total number of positives in ND. There aren’t enough people in ND for that number to be soooo scary. It absolutely is the daily positivity rates and the per capita rates that have people concerned. 

And to the guy upthread talking about all the asymptomatic 5 - 39 year olds being incentivized to get tested and increasing the case numbers - do you have any data for that or did you pull it out of the air? And what incentives are you talking about? Is the incentive to know if you’re positive for the highly contagious virus overloading our hospital systems and causing many fatalities, or is there something more sinister at play here? WTAF

Really?  WTF are you talking about...that is literally the only thing anybody is freaking out over, especially all the out-of-state whackos on social media that suddenly care about ND. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The majority are certainly wearing masks now (as they were a month ago), but there are still plenty ignoring the signs in Walmart, Dan's, and various restaurants (prior to being seated).  Of those wearing a mask, I'd guess around 20% have them under the nose and were pulled out from their pocket and are 3 weeks old.

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The majority are certainly wearing masks now (as they were a month ago), but there are still plenty ignoring the signs in Walmart, Dan's, and various restaurants (prior to being seated).  Of those wearing a mask, I'd guess around 20% have them under the nose.

I have been Walmart alot and have not seen one person without a mask on.  Not one and the workers are standing in the entry way checking. 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Let me translate that for some of you:

People are finally asking themselves: Why get tested? It only gets me more mandates and shutdowns. 

The incentive to get tested just isn't there when you have to wear a mask and the bars close. All the more (less?) when you test positive for this vast pandemic disease that gives you no symptoms. 

Bingo.  And some people that live paycheck to paycheck can't afford to have Covid, so why get tested?  They'd rather live with Covid and the risk than maybe collect disability and get further behind on bills.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goon said:

How is installing a swamp creature of 47 years bringing back respect to the presidency? Capitulation will be the foreign police of the Harris / Biden Administration You're going to roll out the same swamp creatures from the Obama administration. So, if you like high unemployment, extremely high taxes, excessive regulation, pain and suffering, sure Harris / Biden is the administration for you. Also, get ready for endless wars, illegal streaming over the southern border, ISIS reemerging, the Iran Deal just for starters. Hate on Israel.

With that said, I will be honest with you. I don't like many politicians, but get ready to suffer for the next four years. 

C’mon, Trump changed nothing in terms of illegal immigration.    

He whipped the followers into a frenzy, but then targeted legal immigration to placate his base (DACA, travel bans, refugees, green card status, etc.).  Then ICE would arrest some hapless illegals here and there for show.   Yea great. 

Trump never, nor will anyone, change the issue at its core base.  Undocumented workers are too valuable a commodity for fueling the economy.  

Despite Trump's rhetoric, that his base ate like candy, he's every bit 'the swamp' as the next guy.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I won’t be the first to get the vaccine. By the time it my turn, I will take the shot. As long as it has been successful with the ones taking it first.

What part of 95% efficacy do you question?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Bingo.  And some people that live paycheck to paycheck can't afford to have Covid, so why get tested?  They'd rather live with Covid and the risk than maybe collect disability and get further behind on bills.

Some close contacts are testing out.  Meaning.....getting tested. Negative. Going about their normal business...and back to work.

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Frozen and I were talking about Bismarck.

Went into a box store in Fargo earlier this afternoon. Not packed but very busy. Saw 3 people from same family without masks. That's it.

10 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

What good does wearing a mask in a restaurant and then take it off at the table?  It's stupid rules like this that people protest against.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

What part of 95% efficacy do you question?

I admit I don’t know what all goes into this efficacy thing you mention. I don’t know what could go wrong with a vaccine - if anything.

what I was trying to say is I look forward to getting the vaccine.

• Upvote 1