SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, 1972 said:

i cant find the quote, but i did find an article that says by the time biden takes office, it will be another 300k deaths, so that kinda is in line with what i posted.

Again have not seen that #..

We are now averaging nearly 2000 deaths per day   There are now 88 days til Biden is sworn in.  @ 2,000 per day would be 166,000.  However that # could decrease pending the vacine.  IMO with Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve celebrations the 2,000 # may increase.

9 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Again have not seen that #..

We are now averaging nearly 2000 deaths per day   There are now 88 days til Biden is sworn in.  @ 2,000 per day would be 166,000.  However that # could decrease pending the vacine.  IMO with Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve celebrations the 2,000 # may increase.

Where are you getting 2k deaths per day?   CDC. Site claims roughly 950 yesterday

30 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

If we contnue the current path we are on, When will the virus flame out?

It will be different depending on where you’re at. States/countries that have imposed stronger mitigation efforts will see this drag out. In North Dakota active will plateau in the next 14 days. They’ll decrease pretty slowly and hospitalizations and deaths will lag. By the time a vaccine rolls out on a wide scale we’ll probably have daily cases in the low hundreds.

Next year at this time we’ll probably have a daily caseload in the mid double digits. This is presuming we still have testmania going on. Hospitalizations will be a handful a month with maybe a death or two per month. 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Straight over and under bet. Find someone to take the over at $20 or no-bet. :)

When making that observation I was replying to a parinoid rantfrom another poster that greatly exaturated what was going to happen when President Biden took office ,which even 1 of your mods refuted.  Thought maybe a little optomism on my part would be aceptable.

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I see a lot of curves on here that are turning the correct way. 
https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

(I hope I didn't just talk about a shutout or no hitter in progress.) 

Correct. Hopefully Burgum will have the courage to reduce mitigation efforts as these metrics come down. 

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Then herd immunity is a real thing.

Or people have finally realized getting tested does them no positive:
- doctors don't have treatment until hospitalization other than over the counter meds
- getting tested just means a follow-up swab
- lockdowns will just continue 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I see a lot of curves on here that are turning the correct way. 
https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

(I hope I didn't just talk about a shutout or no hitter in progress.) 

10 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

It will be different depending on where you’re at. States/countries that have imposed stronger mitigation efforts will see this drag out. In North Dakota active will plateau in the next 14 days. They’ll decrease pretty slowly and hospitalizations and deaths will lag. By the time a vaccine rolls out on a wide scale we’ll probably have daily cases in the low hundreds.

Next year at this time we’ll probably have a daily caseload in the mid double digits. This is presuming we still have testmania going on. Hospitalizations will be a handful a month with maybe a death or two per month. 

Trusting you are correct.

We will need more that 70% willing to take the vacine for that to happen.  IMO

3 hours ago, Goon said:

Even better numbers. The deaths number isn’t good. 

Also note though and this is important... significantly fewer tests.

So ...shockingly.... less cases where found. Who isnt being tested as much for the numbers to be down...

Healthy asymptomatic mass tested individuals between 5 and 40.

when these people dont come out in incentiviced droves, not as many tests happen...ala less "cases". It means nothing in the grandnscheme of the actual population this thing has been and is going to burn through, symptoms or no symptoms.

This isnt hard to see.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

The mask mandate is in place.  Masks are still as out of place (on chin or missing completely) in Bismarck as they were a month ago.

I honestly don't see very many people not masked. where or what types of places do see such lax masking?

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

US covid sgges o far today.

64,000 new cases/994 deaths.  Once again well on the way to over 100,000 new cases and 2,000 deaths.  Our country cannot sustain these daily #'s  

Unless there are some significant behaverable changes we will not have to worry about a lock down.  It will take care of itself.  Bars, resturants, grocery etc.

will find in nearly impossible to find workers.  Our hospitals, now near or at capcity will be unable to serve all.

It is now esstimated there will be 50 million new cases by February

Its almost as if you sit there rocking back and forth working yourself into a pile of anxiety that you then manifest into projections of doom and gloom that you need to come true for a validation of any remaining importance...

IF you really are an old feller, id say look at the positives and LIVE a LIFE before you dont have the ability to...

IF you're not quite as old as you present... you really ought to know better and at least enough not to let this thing steal the years a real old feller would know and understand the value of.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The problem with the people who say "daily positivity rate is the key number"  is no it isn't the key number.  States aren't being vilified by daily positivity rate.  They are being vilified by TOTAL NUMBER of positives - which sounds sooooo scary. 

Which means if ND acted more like Manitoba or Iowa then my guess is nobody would be saying a f*&king thing about ND.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Trusting you are correct.

We will need more that 70% willing to take the vacine for that to happen.  IMO

I’m obviously speculating. We’ll never have 70% vaccine acceptance, but you have to remember that this isn’t the first time a virus has jumped from another animal to humans. It’s very likely that this coronavirus will affect humans with similar effects to the 4 coronaviruses we currently deal with. 
It certainly will be less virulent as time goes on. 

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The problem with the people who say "daily positivity rate is the key number"  is no it isn't the key number.  States aren't being vilified by daily positivity rate.  They are being vilified by TOTAL NUMBER of positives - which sounds sooooo scary. 

Which means if ND acted more like Manitoba or Iowa then my guess is nobody would be saying a f*&king thing about ND.  

No one is scared by the total number of positives in ND. There aren’t enough people in ND for that number to be soooo scary. It absolutely is the daily positivity rates and the per capita rates that have people concerned. 

And to the guy upthread talking about all the asymptomatic 5 - 39 year olds being incentivized to get tested and increasing the case numbers - do you have any data for that or did you pull it out of the air? And what incentives are you talking about? Is the incentive to know if you’re positive for the highly contagious virus overloading our hospital systems and causing many fatalities, or is there something more sinister at play here? WTAF

Just now, Kermit's Luck said:

No one is scared by the total number of positives in ND. There aren’t enough people in ND for that number to be soooo scary. It absolutely is the daily positivity rates and the per capita rates that have people concerned. 

And to the guy upthread talking about all the asymptomatic 5 - 39 year olds being incentivized to get tested and increasing the case numbers - do you have any data for that or did you pull it out of the air? And what incentives are you talking about? Is the incentive to know if you’re positive for the highly contagious virus overloading our hospital systems and causing many fatalities, or is there something more sinister at play here? WTAF

There is so much wrong with this, I don't have time to explain it all

• Upvote 1