SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Stated previously I oppose a complete lock down.  That does not mean we abandon all common sense measures to limit the spread of the virus.

No disagreement here.  Masking didn’t stop us from getting sick, but it might’ve resulted in a lower viral load. Masks in public settings indoors makes common sense.  I’m feeling really good about our outcome.  We never stopped living life, took basic precautions. Got it. Got over it.

57 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Stated previously I oppose a complete lock down.  That does not mean we abandon all common sense measures to limit the spread of the virus.

This.....^^^^

College kids fall into two group right now....

1) Get tested every time they leave their dorm or apartment when they are around anyone outside their bubble even though they are completely asymptomatic 

2) Don't feel well for days. Don't tell anyone they are around when they are still out and about. Finally get texted a week after initial symptoms when the lose taste and/or smell.

50 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Yes but the main problem is that there is such a difference in what some people see as common sense out there.  For some, healthy kids being kicked online for school while 75 year old Thema and Harriet still get to go to Perkins each morning makes sense.  

I found this interesting. For those asking, a lot of mainstream Conservatives are moving to Parler. I am all for another form of social media to get my news from. Of course some don't like it.  Bill Gates Smears Parler and its Users

Professional troll aka "Mr. Potato Head" Brian Stelter, who tells endless lies through his endless teeth, and one of his CNN colleagues, went so far as hysterically calling Parler “a threat to democracy”. The left is losing its dominion over social media, and they’re not handling it well.

As for “crazy stuff”: imagine being bombarded by thousands of death threats on social media, and the platforms tell you repeatedly that those threats didn’t go against their community standards. That’s batshit crazy, Bill, and I have two books worth of those threats, so far, and I know for a fact that more people, even prominent ones, know about me more than they let on, and I haven’t heard anything from any leftist about that, because you’re all fine with it. You have a problem with free speech, with Mohammad cartoons. You have no problem with people having their lives threatened over free speech.

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

nobody is denied healthcare.  Reform has never been about care, it’s always been about who pays for it.  

It's also about control. Some don't like the fact that people have a choice on their health care. 

US covid sgges o far today.

64,000 new cases/994 deaths.  Once again well on the way to over 100,000 new cases and 2,000 deaths.  Our country cannot sustain these daily #'s  

Unless there are some significant behaverable changes we will not have to worry about a lock down.  It will take care of itself.  Bars, resturants, grocery etc.

will find in nearly impossible to find workers.  Our hospitals, now near or at capcity will be unable to serve all.

It is now esstimated there will be 50 million new cases by February

1 minute ago, Old Fella said:

64,000 new cases/994 deaths.  Once again well on the way to over 100,000 new cases and 2,000 deaths.  Our country cannot sustain these daily #'s  

Unless there are some significant behaverable changes we will not have to worry about a lock down.  It will take care of itself.  Bars, resturants, grocery etc.

will find in nearly impossible to find workers.  Our hospitals, now near or at capcity will be unable to serve all.

Why do you and others continue to talk lockdown? Haven’t we seen enough example of its failure as a policy?

8 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

wait, i thought we were going to have another 200k deaths by the first of the year?

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Great, numbers are rising. I ask again, why roll out a strategy that has proven to be a failure? 

Read previous post,  I oppose lock downs.

My recent post has nothing to do with strategy. Itwas an opinion.

As I have stated in the past 'everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it is wrong'.

Also:

'It is easier to fool someone than it is to convinse someone they have been fooled'.  Mark Twain

Last election is proof of that.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Read previous post,  I oppose lock downs.

My recent post has nothing to do with strategy. Itwas an opinion.

As I have stated in the past 'everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it is wrong'.

Also:

'It is easier to fool someone than it is to convinse someone they have been fooled'.  Mark Twain

Last election is proof of that.

Do you actually think it will get any better under Dementia Joe? 

6 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Your prediction about bars, restaurants, etc. will only come to fruition if we continually to quarantine healthy people. This virus will flame out like all other viruses do. My only concern is how we as a society react when it does. 
For example, the CDC issues travel guidances for countries based on COVID levels. Level 1 is a daily case rate of 5/100,000; this would equate to 38 daily cases or less in North Dakota. The CDC recommends masks and distancing at this level. We’ll have levels in this range forever, so what’s the end game?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

The excessive (interpretation to the individual) regulation and Iran deal are likely.  The rest is fear mongering and exaggeration.  

Nothing I said was incorrect. Illegal as surging at the Southern Border because of who's probably going to be president. The economy is going to take a beating if Biden gets the things that he wants. 

1 minute ago, NDSU grad said:

Your prediction about bars, restaurants, etc. will only come to fruition if we continually to quarantine healthy people. This virus will flame out like all other viruses do. My only concern is how we as a society react when it does. 
For example, the CDC issues travel guidances for countries based on COVID levels. Level 1 is a daily case rate of 5/100,000; this would equate to 38 daily cases or less in North Dakota. The CDC recommends masks and distancing at this level. We’ll have levels in this range forever, so what’s the end game?

You're correct, lockdowns aren't going to do anything for the virus. This will cause a surge of unemployment, suicides and domestic violence.

1 minute ago, NDSU grad said:

If we contnue the current path we are on, When will the virus flame out?

4 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Must have missed that.

Please cite source.

i cant find the quote, but i did find an article that says by the time biden takes office, it will be another 300k deaths, so that kinda is in line with what i posted.

4 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

this is the question no one, and i mean NO ONE, will answere...and it pisses me off!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Impossible to find workers?  Nice try.  The vast majority of people that are dying are in the been done with work for years/end of life category.  Stop with the scare tactics.  

• Like 3