SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

11 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I admit I don’t know what all goes into this efficacy thing you mention. I don’t know what could go wrong with a vaccine - if anything.

what I was trying to say is I look forward to getting the vaccine.

Won't be in the 1st bunch/but hopefully soon.  Will take any vaccine they have and will report how it works.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

If i were you, I'd listen to the other information you've gotten about covid and not the opinion of some crackpot on this website. What's just left of alt-right? Yowza.

Dude. You were wrong about Covid being highly contagious. Forgot about it and move on. Here’s a link to help you out. It’s from that far-right organization the CDC though so I don’t know how credible it is. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/scientific-brief-sars-cov-2.html

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Won't be in the 1st bunch/but hopefully soon.  Will take any vaccine they have and will report how it works.

You’ll probably never know how it works in terms of efficacy. It will be interesting to see what kind of side effects there are though. 

2 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Dude. You were wrong about Covid being highly contagious. Forgot about it and move on. Here’s a link to help you out. It’s from that far-right organization the CDC though so I don’t know how credible it is. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/scientific-brief-sars-cov-2.html

Glad to move on as I'm not going to get into a pissing match over something this absurd. I scanned that link and didn't see a single sentence about it not being highly contagious - what'd I miss? If it's not highly contagious, how are there so dang many cases? Can we blame testing some more?

8 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

And it's definitely less contagious in Canada due to their superior health care system.

Plus I'm thankful influenza isn't contagious this season.

5 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Glad to move on as I'm not going to get into a pissing match over something this absurd. I scanned that link and didn't see a single sentence about it not being highly contagious - what'd I miss? If it's not highly contagious, how are there so dang many cases? Can we blame testing some more?

I’m just giving you some crap. The link explains how COVID is transmitted primarily by close contact through actual droplets, rather than aerosol. It also goes on to explain how chickenpox, measles, and tuberculosis are efficiently spread by aerosol, i.e. those diseases are highly infectious. COVID is very middle of the road in this regard (thanks god). 
The high case rate is best explained by the fact it’s a novel virus that the human body has never been subjected to before. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

The majority are certainly wearing masks now (as they were a month ago), but there are still plenty ignoring the signs in Walmart, Dan's, and various restaurants (prior to being seated).  Of those wearing a mask, I'd guess around 20% have them under the nose.

And 75% pull them down every time they want to talk. You can't legislate or issue a mandate to stop stupidity.

• Upvote 2

Trump’s Absurd ‘You Did It First’ Argument for Stealing the Election

Senator Kevin Cramer appeared on Meet the Press Sunday to deliver the freshest version of the Republican party line on President Trump’s efforts to cancel the elections and reinstall himself in office. Cramer defended Trump’s coup attempt as mere turnabout for the Russia investigation:
Trump’s Absurd ‘You Did It First’ Argument for Stealing the Election (msn.com)

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Could it be they are fighting the system?

I am going to stick with stupidity.

it would make more sense to wear your mask like a butt diaper while you walk around the store and then when you want to talk, pull it up over your nose and mouth......although several in Fargo could just pull it over their mouth as many among us(NDSU Grads) are strictly mouth breathers.:D

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

C’mon, Trump changed nothing in terms of illegal immigration.    

He whipped the followers into a frenzy, but then targeted legal immigration to placate his base (DACA, travel bans, refugees, green card status, etc.).  Then ICE would arrest some hapless illegals here and there for show.   Yea great. 

Trump never, nor will anyone, change the issue at its core base.  Undocumented workers are too valuable a commodity for fueling the economy.  

Despite Trump's rhetoric, that his base ate like candy, he's every bit 'the swamp' as the next guy.  

you are fake news.

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

Old is relative.  I live a very active life.  Until this cold weather set in I spent a minimum of 3 days a week (6-10 hrs a day} cleaningup an old farmsted enjoying serenity, free from anxiety.  I wear a mask, comply with social distantcy and go about the city.

There is no gloom and doom here.  

Except for missing our great grandaughters ( they live 2000 miles away but hope to see them betwwen thanksgiving and christmas ) we live an idelic life.

Disclaimer:

I don't eat out, althought I enjoy beer, do not go to bars and I do not rollar skate in a buffalo herd.

Wish that you and your ilk could find peace with yourself.

Holy moly, take your own misplaced advice.

I'm very much at peace, I dont let this social reaponse to this control my life. 

And there isnt a rational person reading this godforsaken thread that wouldnt describe your postings as doom and gloom or even fear mongering.

Go outside, take a walk, people are not falling over dead in the streets.

Those that ARE DYING are vastly those that havent and couldnt have left an assisted living home in quite some time. 

It seems like the magic of the talking box and technology of social media machines carry more of an influence on your life than you're able to admit, or maybe understand.

Cleaning up an old farmstead sounds like a good way to spend a fall day, I imagine haveing that outlet was invaluable to you. Any interesting finds buried in the grass?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

First time in history Dow closes above 30,000 on hopes of economic recovery under Biden

Biden:  “Economic PLAN?  What plan? I’m so good, people will just WISH for the economy to get better after I’m elected and it will magically do so!”

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Biden:  “Economic PLAN?  What plan? I’m so good, people will just WISH for the economy to get better after I’m elected and it will magically do so!”

How Fox News host Laura Ingraham broke it to viewers that Trump has lost the election

Weston Blasi  1 hr ago

That’s Fox News host Laura Ingraham indicating to her viewers that President Donald Trump’s bid to reverse the result of the 2020 presidential election is not going to meet with success.

Laura Ingraham in a blue shirt

How Fox News host Laura Ingraham broke it to viewers that Trump has lost the election (msn.com)