SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

If you'll reread what I said, I said giving access to screenings and preventative healthcare on a regular basis was a good idea. I never said anyone was being denied access to healthcare. You guys and your straw man arguments in this thread are tiresome. But, when it's the only tool in your toolbox, it doesn't really how matter dull it is, eh?

I was only talking about Canada's healthcare to prop them up for something besides legal weed, all-dressed chips, and their hospitality in my Walsh Hall days. I'd rather continue discussing the tinfoilers that think the election was rigged against Trump. I had no idea the internet was this full of smart people (maybe) following ludicrous conspiracy theories, jiminy Christmas.

who is being denied access to screenings and preventative healthcare on a regular basis?

25 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Well, I mean, Trump is the one who publicly stated she was on the team so.....?

Hopefully they got away quick enough to not damage the R's chance in the Senate races since Powell's strategy seems to be going scorched earth by calling out R leaders of the state as part of the conspiracy with no evidence to back up. Not exactly a great look when you're trying to win two pretty important races.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Did I read this right? Down almost 400 cases. 

That was yesterday’s numbers. Today’s are even better. Active cases below 9000. I think we may have plateaued in terms of active cases and hospitalizations, but probably need another 10 days or so of data. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

That was yesterday’s numbers. Today’s are even better. Active cases below 9000. I think we may have plateaued in terms of active cases and hospitalizations, but probably need another 10 days or so of data. 

Not getting hopes up until we have a pattern of downward movement. 

3 minutes ago, Goon said:

If you believe the models that state actual infections are 4-6 times the true number of cases we’d be at about 39% of North Dakota’s population infected. That’s using the low end of the model projection. True herd immunity probably isn’t reached until you hit 70%, but I’ve read where 40% is where transmission will start to go down. I hope this is the case. 

11 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Even better numbers. The deaths number isn’t good. 

2 minutes ago, Goon said:

7-day average positive rate has been falling for 2 weeks.  7-day average new positive cases has been falling for 1 week.  Hospitalizations and deaths are trailing issues, but hospitalizations have started plateauing.  In ND due to low total numbers, number of deaths can be highly dependent on the population infected, but those numbers should start to follow the downward trajectory in the next couple weeks barring a new outbreak across nursing homes.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I should add.

Feinstein steps down as the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Not surprised by this.  After the hug with Graham after the ACB hearing was civil the squad members and further left Democrats wanted her in a New York nursing home.

"It's the economy, stupid"...has gone the way of the dodo bird.  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-the-2020-election-deepened-americas-white-collar-blue-collar-split-11606219208?mod=hp_lead_pos4

The job and wage growth that President Trump hoped would propel him to a second term was particularly strong in metropolitan America. Yet the Americans who live where the economy is thriving most—in the nation’s cities and their surrounding communities—voted to reject the president.

3 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

If you believe the models that state actual infections are 4-6 times the true number of cases we’d be at about 39% of North Dakota’s population infected. That’s using the low end of the model projection. True herd immunity probably isn’t reached until you hit 70%, but I’ve read where 40% is where transmission will start to go down. I hope this is the case. 

I am not sure we will ever know what the total infection number of this virus is. Actual COVID-19 Cases Could Be 6 Times Greater Than Official Figures

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

How is installing a swamp creature of 47 years bringing back respect to the presidency? Capitulation will be the foreign police of the Harris / Biden Administration You're going to roll out the same swamp creatures from the Obama administration. So, if you like high unemployment, extremely high taxes, excessive regulation, pain and suffering, sure Harris / Biden is the administration for you. Also, get ready for endless wars, illegal streaming over the southern border, ISIS reemerging, the Iran Deal just for starters. Hate on Israel.

With that said, I will be honest with you. I don't like many politicians, but get ready to suffer for the next four years. 

Feel your pain.  Have been in agony for the past 4 years.

You will have pain for the next 12 years--or more.

35 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

7-day average positive rate has been falling for 2 weeks.  7-day average new positive cases has been falling for 1 week.  Hospitalizations and deaths are trailing issues, but hospitalizations have started plateauing.  In ND due to low total numbers, number of deaths can be highly dependent on the population infected, but those numbers should start to follow the downward trajectory in the next couple weeks barring a new outbreak across nursing homes.

Yep. It also seems cases have been affecting the 80+ demographic at about a 40% greater rate than the general population. This is presuming the age demographic data I found in the web is reliable, but it seemed logical. Presuming a large percentage of that demographic lives in long term facilities the 80+ crowd in North Dakota may reach some level of immunity faster than the general population.  

You’d expect hospitalizations to lag but they seem to be falling somewhat with positivity rate. This may lead some credence to my theory that the elderly were getting infected at a greater rate than the general population. Next 10 days will be telling. 

8 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Yep. It also seems cases have been affecting the 80+ demographic at about a 40% greater rate than the general population. This is presuming the age demographic data I found in the web is reliable, but it seemed logical. Presuming a large percentage of that demographic lives in long term facilities the 80+ crowd in North Dakota may reach some level of immunity faster than the general population.  

You’d expect hospitalizations to lag but they seem to be falling somewhat with positivity rate. This may lead some credence to my theory that the elderly were getting infected at a greater rate than the general population. Next 10 days will be telling. 

Mask & other restrictions finally put in place?

1 hour ago, Goon said:

How is installing a swamp creature of 47 years bringing back respect to the presidency? Capitulation will be the foreign police of the Harris / Biden Administration You're going to roll out the same swamp creatures from the Obama administration. So, if you like high unemployment, extremely high taxes, excessive regulation, pain and suffering, sure Harris / Biden is the administration for you. Also, get ready for endless wars, illegal streaming over the southern border, ISIS reemerging, the Iran Deal just for starters. Hate on Israel.

With that said, I will be honest with you. I don't like many politicians, but get ready to suffer for the next four years. 

The excessive (interpretation to the individual) regulation and Iran deal are likely.  The rest is fear mongering and exaggeration.  

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

The mask mandate is in place.  Masks are still as out of place (on chin or missing completely) in Bismarck as they were a month ago.

Guess I did not make it clear,

I realize there is a mask mandate in place and some common sense measures have been ordered that if everyone complies will slow down the out of control virus which is the worst in the world,

4 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I realize there is a mask mandate in place and some common sense measures have been ordered that if everyone complies will slow down the out of control virus which is the worst in the world,

You see what they did at the Shanghai airport?  Would we as a society be okay with that level of draconian lock down?  I don’t think we’d be okay with that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

You see what they did at the Shanghai airport?  Would we as a society be okay with that level of draconian lock down?  I don’t think we’d be okay with that.

Stated previously I oppose a complete lock down.  That does not mean we abandon all common sense measures to limit the spread of the virus.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

You think this virus is the ‘worst’ in world history, or North Dakota’s case count is the worst in the world?