SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

14 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

If the FBI had it for a year and did nothing, it's likely a big nothing burger.  Well, unless the FBI is part of the 'deep state'.  Are the Trumpsters gonna go there again?    Jesus Christ.  

Because if MSM doesn't report it, it doesn't exist. Jesus Christ...did you not see the contrast between the two town halls?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Just stating the obvious truth. Question...you gonna vote for the Biden Crime Syndicate to run the country?

I voted for the Biden crime syndicate over the Trump crime syndicate.  Lesser of two evils.   

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

So platform companies, FB, twitter are censoring speech yet have immunity and you have no problem.

They're non-governmental entities.  They can do what they want as it pertains to the 1st amendment.  .  

50 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Who knows if Biden did this.  I wouldn't put it past any politician nowadays.  That said, this 'scandal' would be taken more seriously if it wasn't being used as Trump's October Surprise 2 weeks before the election.  This, in and of itself, also screams dirty politics; not to mention all the info came to light via questionable sources. 

Should Biden be investigated?  Without question.   However any respectable media outlet isn't gonna jump the gun (aka "Worst scandal ever!!" "Biden and Obama are going down!!!) like fringe-right wing outlets are reporting for obvious political reasons.  It reeks of desperation.  C;mon, you guys aren't fooling anybody. 

Oh, is that how it is supposed to work?

How many articles have we read about Russia and piss tapes and MLK Jr statues removed and Sinatra family being upset at the inauguration?  This is why you will see the outrage over this and the press refusing to ask Biden about it even why Biden goes into hiding again is concerning.  I don’t think it’s R’s playing the victim.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

So we're back to the "big mad media" "poor poor Trump" fallback?  

Do you ACTUALLY believe that Trump and Biden got equal treatment in the town halls? Did Biden even have to handle one tough question?

Go ahead and cast your vote for whomever you believe is the lesser of two evils (unfortunately, that is a lot of what this election is), but I believe that Trump is by far a lesser evil than Harris and Pelosi. When the radical left demands and Biden is not strong enough to say no (or is forced out by them), that is who will be running the country. 

2 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Do you ACTUALLY believe that Trump and Biden got equal treatment in the town halls? Did Biden even have to handle one tough question?

Go ahead and cast your vote for whomever you believe is the lesser of two evils (unfortunately, that is a lot of what this election is), but I believe that Trump is by far a lesser evil than Harris and Pelosi. When the radical left demands and Biden is not strong enough to say no (or is forced out by them), that is who will be running the country. 

I'm betting that Biden cancels the next debate.  He has no answer for the Hunter emails.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

ND making the daily national Corona news.

Some in North Dakota wish for tougher virus tack by governor

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/10/18/some-in-north-dakota-wish-for-tougher-virus-tack-by-governor/24655026/

Yawn.  Complain about mandates, confuse "positive test" with "case," spout "statistics."  Rinse, lather, repeat.

The latest spread for testing rates is 27,800 daily tests/million population (Del.) to 1,300 (Az.).  That's more than a 20-fold increase among the states.  It doesn't matter if you have more "cases" per capita if you're testing up to 10-20X more people per capita.  (ND is 2nd at 9,100, and has consistently been in the top 4-5 for months.). Yet, people insist on comparing and ranking the states by gross "cases" or "cases" per capita, pretending like it's apples to apples, all the while exhibiting their own ignorance and mathematical illiteracy.

When positive test data is finally correlated and corrected for testing discrepancies, I might start to listen. But only if we get serious about reporting test specificity and sensitivity, and remind people that a positive test is not indicative of illness and that we have never previously tested the population at large for any infectious condition at anything even nearing this level, so nationwide distribution data is to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I’d be interested to hear from any of our left leaning friends on here and their thoughts on this Twitter and Facebook scandal. Even if you say the story is unconfirmed, how can a story written by a journalist at the country’s fourth largest newspaper be censored? This is outrageous regardless of how you feel about the story. These people need to be in front of congress Monday morning getting their butts handed to them.

They were late to the game in terms of censoring their platforms. Glad to see them finally doing it; Reddit figured it out a while ago. Protecting free speech was more important when foreign adversaries didn't have direct access to our brains. Too much disinformation is causing both TDS and QAnon. Censorship a slippery slope, but it was inevitable. They should have done it sooner on a less impactful story; now the story they chose is muddying the action. Also, Twitter did it first, then Facebook copied in order to stave off the employees ready to revolt.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

They were late to the game in terms of censoring their platforms. Glad to see them finally doing it; Reddit figured it out a while ago. Protecting free speech was more important when foreign adversaries didn't have direct access to our brains. Too much disinformation is causing both TDS and QAnon. Censorship a slippery slope, but it was inevitable. They should have done it sooner on a less impactful story; now the story they chose is muddying the action. Also, Twitter did it first, then Facebook copied in order to stave off the employees ready to revolt.

Don’t kid yourself, they’ve been doing this for years.

I forget the number, but a large percentage of people get their news from Twitter. Twitter built their platform to allow people to believe that it is just free flowing information for and from its users. If you’re going to to censor and choose which stories get preferential treatment then you need to be completely transparent about that to the public.

59 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I guess we will see how consistent they are with this new found censorship going forward.  

52 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Yawn.  Complain about mandates, confuse "positive test" with "case," spout "statistics."  Rinse, lather, repeat.

The latest spread for testing rates is 27,800 daily tests/million population (Del.) to 1,300 (Az.).  That's more than a 20-fold increase among the states.  It doesn't matter if you have more "cases" per capita if you're testing up to 10-20X more people per capita.  (ND is 2nd at 9,100, and has consistently been in the top 4-5 for months.). Yet, people insist on comparing and ranking the states by gross "cases" or "cases" per capita, pretending like it's apples to apples, all the while exhibiting their own ignorance and mathematical illiteracy.

When positive test data is finally correlated and corrected for testing discrepancies, I might start to listen. But only if we get serious about reporting test specificity and sensitivity, and remind people that a positive test is not indicative of illness and that we have never previously tested the population at large for any infectious condition at anything even nearing this level, so nationwide distribution data is to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

The state is seeing an increase on covid cases, hospitals at capacity or near capacity and death rates for October from covid will exceed Septembers which had more covid deaths than all the previous months combined.  

By the way, state is making national news again today 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

The state is seeing an increase on covid cases, hospitals at capacity or near capacity and death rates for October from covid will exceed Septembers which had more covid deaths than all the previous months combined.  

Hospitals are near there capacities more due to the pent up demand for elective surgeries than Covid.

What percent of the states beds are filled with Covid patients?

12 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Please tell us what you know of hospital census data historically.  Or is a hospital only "at or near capacity" when the media tells you it is.

And I'm sure you have some exhaustive information about trends and whether hospital capacity in North Dakota could be deemed adequate to begin with, and by what metric(s).

Have they re-converted the FargoDome to a field hospital yet?

About those deaths, would you care to discuss age, life expectancy, and other conditions?  Maybe we should compare other causes of death, or are you not worked up about what else might cause people to die.

25 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Hospitals are near there capacities more due to the pent up demand for elective surgeries than Covid.

Your first statement  is true.

Been around 7% for the past couple weeks. Some days a little higher or lower.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, homer said:

Oh, is that how it is supposed to work?

How many articles have we read about Russia and piss tapes and MLK Jr statues removed and Sinatra family being upset at the inauguration?  This is why you will see the outrage over this and the press refusing to ask Biden about it even why Biden goes into hiding again is concerning.  I don’t think it’s R’s playing the victim.  

All those stories were reported in due course.  The same will occur with Biden's scandal if/when more information surfaces to corroborate the initial sketchy accusations coming from the fringe right.    Was news of Trump's piss tape splattered across outlets like AP and Reuters the minute the story broke, with sensationalized headlines?  Of course not.  As such, neither will the Bidens' ‘scandal’.  

Regardless, every President is crapped on by certain media outlets.  Obama was eviscerated by right-leaning news.  Did Obama incessantly complain about it?  No, he went about his job instead.      

Trump should stop acting like a petulant manchild and do his job.   That said, I'm fully aware that being the perpetual victim is part of Trump's appeal.   It reinforces a sense of victimhood and resentment that is attractive to his supporters.....i.e. people who think America has left them behind.   This is painfully evident at Trump rallies when he fosters this "we've been wronged" sentiment and then viciously lashes out at these perceived slights to thunderous applause.    

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This, hospitals operate on keeping as much business in the highest profitable opportunities.

I am sick of this nonsense fearmongering..

ONLY 1 ICU BED IN ALL oF THE wOrLd!

If a person needs care they will get it.

This is a classification condition, not a true state of not being able to handle the needs.

If you get in an accident and need ICU support it will be there for you.  IF uou are part of the extreamly extreamly liw percentage of people that need hospitalization support for 'rona... you will recieve it.

Good lord sheep are easy to frighten.

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

8 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

From the NDHD.....80 and older make up 5% of total cases but 64% of deaths in ND to date. 20-29 age bracket.....24.5% of cases and 0.3% deaths. 

Covid hospitalizations and deaths in ND are going up which isn't the direction we want to see but without question it has more to do with who gets infected vs how many  people get infected. 

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Don’t kid yourself, they’ve been doing this for years.

I forget the number, but a large percentage of people get their news from Twitter. Twitter built their platform to allow people to believe that it is just free flowing information for and from its users. If you’re going to to censor and choose which stories get preferential treatment then you need to be completely transparent about that to the public.

That's their fault for using it for the convenience instead of digging a little deeper. I use it for Brad/Sioux hockey and humor, which is unfortunately mostly political these days. And it's mostly dunking on stupid takes rather than finding humor in everyday events.

11 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

That's their fault for using it for the convenience instead of digging a little deeper. I use it for Brad/Sioux hockey and humor, which is unfortunately mostly political these days. And it's mostly dunking on stupid takes rather than finding humor in everyday events.

Given your history on this forum, forgive me if I don’t believe that you’d have this level of indifference if it were a left leaning oxe being gored.

• Upvote 1