SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

... he made a tactical mistake in interrupting Biden so much. Biden has a tendency to let his thoughts get pretty nonsensical the more he speaks, I would have just let him talk and see if he gets down a dead end thought road and doesn't know how he got there.

Agree. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/health-news/6683905-North-Dakota-has-just-22-intensive-care-beds-available-as-hospital-admissions-surg

North Dakota risks running out of staffed hospital beds in some medical centers — only 22 intensive care unit beds are available statewide — as a chronic nursing shortage collides with the spiking coronavirus pandemic.

The bed shortage is perhaps most dire in Grand Forks, where Altru has no available ICU beds and 17 inpatient beds as of Tuesday, Sept. 29, according to state Department of Health records obtained by Forum News Service.

Bismarck’s two hospitals, Sanford and CHI St. Alexius, have a combined two available ICU beds and 15 inpatient beds. However, Sanford Bismarck announced Tuesday it is opening a new unit with six ICU beds and eight regular beds......

“It’s important to note that hospitals are often full,” said health department Emergency Preparedness Chief Tim Wiedrich. “We’ve had hospitals say that this is not that unusual, especially during influenza season when capacity is higher. There are still measures hospitals can take to reduce capacity such as eliminating elective procedures."

12 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

from the article.

As of Tuesday, the dashboard listed 348 available inpatient beds and 152 ICU beds, which are figures for licensed beds, not necessarily staffed beds.

question,  Do you actually staff beds that are not in use.    

Just a hit piece from the Heraldo.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

from the article.

As of Tuesday, the dashboard listed 348 available inpatient beds and 152 ICU beds, which are figures for licensed beds, not necessarily staffed beds.

question,  Do you actually staff beds that are not in use.    

Just a hit piece from the Heraldo.

Not if you're unable to find staff.  Been a nurse shortage for decades and the pandemic hasn't improved things.

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Former New Jersey Gov. Christie helped T prepare for the debate.
Said  T was "Too Hot" 

image.png

I agree with that. 

With Hillary in 2016, she was not well liked by either side, so attacking her personally came across as heroic.

Biden, as a person, is incredibly likeable and much more respected. Attacking him personally was never going to come off well.

Trump should have kept it to the issues, on which I believe he would have done incredibly well in a debate against Biden. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

simple question

do the other two debates happen?

If the debates happen and I don't watch do they still make a sound.

I usually enjoy the political process and theater. Normally after a debate I will flip around to the talking heads to watch them spin and tell us how we are supposed to react to what we just watched.....not last night. I watched the debate and then turned the TV off.

Complete sh!tshow. Wallace was a disgrace. Trump was over the top ridiculous and Biden was clueless.

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

That was your take of the debate. Huh.

Straight up refusing to answer the single most relevant question asked about your potential Presidency is a big story. Debate was a total gong show but as far as substance, that is among the biggest takeaways.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Trump must forget (or not care) how bad opiate addiction is throughout the key Rust Belt states. 

Also, Popehat is conservative, albeit anti-Trump.

Popehat is not conservative lol I've followed that guy for years. He's a good follow though. If you haven't read about his interaction with Michael Avenatti, try to find it.

If Joe Biden is proud of his son, that says a lot about a father's love being unconditional because i suspect most folks wouldn't be proud of having a son who leaves his wife of like 25 years and mother of his kids for his dead brother's very recent widow, who knocks up a stripper while dating said widow, who then denies paternity and I think got ordered by a court to take a DNA test, who then 6 months or so later is married.

Hunter Biden is a train wreck and a major liability to his dad.

35 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I agree with that. 

With Hillary in 2016, she was not well liked by either side, so attacking her personally came across as heroic.

Biden, as a person, is incredibly likeable and much more respected. Attacking him personally was never going to come off well.

Trump should have kept it to the issues, on which I believe he would have done incredibly well in a debate against Biden. 

Hes got a couple more shots at him. Hopefully he can stick to his points better, nothing wrong with tossing some mud too but dial it back and stick to the point more. He did that a few times and came off perfectly fine when he did so.

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Hes got a couple more shots at him. Hopefully he can stick to his points better, nothing wrong with tossing some mud too but dial it back and stick to the point more. He did that a few times and came off perfectly fine when he did so.

He also should have more aggressively denounced white supremacism. He answered it, but he didn't do it in a way that convinced anyone.

I don't want racism to be political moving forward, we need to decide that it's a hard line in the sand. Racism isn't to be tolerated.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

He also should have more aggressively denounced white supremacism. He answered it, but he didn't do it in a way that convinced anyone.

I don't want racism to be political moving forward, we need to decide that it's a hard line in the sand. Racism isn't to be tolerated.

Tell me a republican president that the left hadn't labeled a racist.

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

How many of those beds are filled with Covid patients?

ND Covid hospitalizations down by 16 from yesterday. Of all these ND hospitals busting at the seams inpatient wise there are currently 89 hospitalized due to COVID in the state.

Meanwhile 2 more homicides in Minneapolis pushing the homicide deaths to 62 for the year so far in that city.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Straight up refusing to answer the single most relevant question asked about your potential Presidency is a big story. Debate was a total gong show but as far as substance, that is among the biggest takeaways.

Popehat is not conservative lol I've followed that guy for years. He's a good follow though. If you haven't read about his interaction with Michael Avenatti, try to find it.

If Joe Biden is proud of his son, that says a lot about a father's love being unconditional because i suspect most folks wouldn't be proud of having a son who leaves his wife of like 25 years and mother of his kids for his dead brother's very recent widow, who knocks up a stripper while dating said widow, who then denies paternity and I think got ordered by a court to take a DNA test, who then 6 months or so later is married.

Hunter Biden is a train wreck and a major liability to his dad.

He was recommended to me as a good conservative opinion, but maybe that was a joke on me.

Didn't know any of that about Hunter, he's doing a good job staying in the shadows during this election. Dispensaries should nickname a strain "Hunter" a la Billy Beer.

6 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

If you thought he was a racist before there's no hope for you.

To some people, not denouncing something makes you complicit in their actions and ideas. Especially when specifically asked about it. Thinking that way is not an unreasonable stance to take against the president. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND Covid hospitalizations down by 16 from yesterday. Of all these ND hospitals busting at the seams inpatient wise there are currently 89 hospitalized due to COVID in the state.

Meanwhile 2 more homicides in Minneapolis pushing the homicide deaths to 62 for the year so far in that city.

Altru's lack of ICU beds is in part due to staffing issues. 

The deaths come as the number of staffed beds in North Dakota hospitals is critically low, with only 22 intensive care units available statewide as of Tuesday. Some of the state's hospitals, like Altru in Grand Forks, have no ICU beds available and others such as Fargo’s Sanford, Essentia and VA hospitals had 12 available ICU beds and 31 inpatient beds among them.

One of the reasons for this shortage is that people are going to the doctor again. Those problems didn't go away during the pandemic. Also, cases of domestic violence rose during the pandemic. 

Hospitals in North Dakota are almost at capacity with non-COVID-19 patients. The state's largest hospitals have said they have enough space for COVID-19 patients, but the number of patients with other medical issues are likely flocking to hospitals in increased rates due to needed care being put off in the middle of the pandemic.