SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

19 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Yeah we should have just let Germany kill all the Jews in their country. After all it they belonged to Germany. Dumb argument 

since when do we stay in our own lane when it come to what other countries do that affects us?

Did you just compare a country cutting down trees for farming to the f'ing Holocaust dude?

FWIW, the US had a pretty good idea of what was going on in Germany and didn't do anything about it until they got dragged in so...yeah...just something to consider while you sleep tonight. 

50 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Brazil is entitled to do what Brazil wants with their own country. After all, it belongs to...Brazil

In theory they do.   In practice we have the power to make them do what's in our interests.    Ruthless, but that's how it works.    

2 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

In theory they do.   In practice we have the power to make them do what's in our interests.    Ruthless, but that's how it works.    

In some ways maybe. Idk enough about their economy to know if it is reliant on American trade or not. 

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Same......couldn't bring myself to watch any of it. 

you didn't miss much. Two old men being grumpy old men. 

If you are right of center, Trump is your old guy.

If you are left of center, Biden is your old guy.

The Obama Biden administration had 60 million swine flu cases and about 12k deaths

the Trump administration has had 7 million COVID  cases and 200,000 deaths

If the swine flu was as deadly as COVID we may be having a different discussion about the job Trump is doing on this pandemic, COVID is more transmissible than the swine flu and there has been 53 million less cases so far. Can you imagine how many deaths Obama/Biden would have had if they treated this virus like the swine flu???? They would have been caught off guard just as bad as Trump ( and the government experts were the same people). 

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The Obama Biden administration had 60 million swine flu cases and about 12k deaths

the Trump administration has had 7 million COVID  cases and 200,000 deaths

If the swine flu was as deadly as COVID we may be having a different discussion about the job Trump is doing on this pandemic, COVID is more transmissible than the swine flu and there has been 53 million less cases so far. Can you imagine how many deaths Obama/Biden would have had if they treated this virus like the swine flu???? They would have been caught off guard just as bad as Trump ( and the government experts were the same people). 

Trump tried bringing it up but sadly, didn't stick to it, too easily distracted. Biden's(I think it was his) Chief of Staff is on record saying something along the lines of "we screwed that up incredibly bad. The only thing that saved us was it wasn't very deadly." I think (not positive) he made these comments pre-coronavirus too.

I was in high school when that was going down and we did not change our lives in the slightest for that. I'm sure some of the physicians on the board have some good input/context they can add that isn't from the perspective of a 16 or 17 year old lol.

Can't recall if I posted this earlier here or not. I sympathize with Chris Wallace a lot. He had a really difficult job here. He's dealing with a senile old man and a possibly senile rude old man with a short attention span.

But what the heck was that nonsense question he gave Biden where he espoused the "very fine people" conspiracy? That is the single most repeated objectively false Trump "quote" of his entire Presidency. 

The only way you even bring that up is to ask "Joe, are you aware that this was widely debunked, and if so, do you think it is beneficial to race relations in the United States to continue repeating it?" 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Trump tried bringing it up but sadly, didn't stick to it, too easily distracted. Biden's(I think it was his) Chief of Staff is on record saying something along the lines of "we screwed that up incredibly bad. The only thing that saved us was it wasn't very deadly." I think (not positive) he made these comments pre-coronavirus too.

I was in high school when that was going down and we did not change our lives in the slightest for that. I'm sure some of the physicians on the board have some good input/context they can add that isn't from the perspective of a 16 or 17 year old lol.

Odd that Trump supporters use that example to vilify Biden while at the same time prop it up as the gold standard to be used to support a quick move to herd immunity. 

I'm more of a believer they screwed up and we got lucky. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

FWIW, the US had a pretty good idea of what was going on in Germany and didn't do anything about it until they got dragged in so...yeah...just something to consider while you sleep tonight. 

OK, totally off topic, but I have a different insight to this. Early in my career, I worked for an agency called NPIC. A retired senior official routinely came back to the flag pole to educate and motivate. His name was Dino Brugioni. He was a navigator or bomb tech during WWII.  He spoke of his time on bombing runs over Europe.  On those runs, the flight crews would fire up cameras—used later for battle damage assessing—about 10 minutes before target acquisition. He insisted that imagery was the first evidence/detection of the nazi detention camps. I recall him showing us the images of the buildings that were occupied, and not occupied... easily discernible by snow melt and foot traffic. Of note, Dino was directly involved in the identification of the SAM batteries in Cuba in 1962.  I haven’t thought of him for years.  He was an incredible Patriot. God Speed.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Odd that Trump supporters use that example to vilify Biden while at the same time prop it up as the gold standard to be used to support a quick move to herd immunity. 

I'm more of a believer they screwed up and we got lucky. 

It took the Obama Biden administration 5 months to come up with a plan to combat swine flu. In the end 60 million cases, they were dam lucky it wasn’t as deadly! 

I haven’t heard this herd immunity argument using these facts, maybe you have a CNN article ....?

24 minutes ago, Ranger said:

OK, totally off topic, but I have a different insight to this. Early in my career, I worked for an agency called NPIC. A retired senior official routinely came back to the flag pole to educate and motivate. His name was Dino Brugioni. He was a navigator or bomb tech during WWII.  He spoke of his time on bombing runs over Europe.  On those runs, the flight crews would fire up cameras—used later for battle damage assessing—about 10 minutes before target acquisition. He insisted that imagery was the first evidence/detection of the nazi detention camps. I recall him showing us the images of the buildings that were occupied, and not occupied... easily discernible by snow melt and foot traffic. Of note, Dino was directly involved in the identification of the SAM batteries in Cuba in 1962.  I haven’t thought of him for years.  He was an incredible Patriot. God Speed.

Hell yeah Dino. Love our Greatest Generation. 

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Biggest takeaway from that disaster of a debate?....    Trump telling white supremacists to ‘stand by’.   

Also, the lie-meter on Trump was off the charts. 

Man, he really does not appear to want another tetm. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The Obama Biden administration had 60 million swine flu cases and about 12k deaths----are those with or of

the Trump administration has had 7 million COVID  cases and 200,000 deaths----are those with or of

gotta compare apples to apples please.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I think both sides can agree that this is a hilariously stupid take.

Antifa is "an idea" the same way the Holy Roman Empire was "an empire." I think most everyone can agree it doesn't have a significant leadership structure in place. It's clearly real though, and not just theoretical idea. They exist. People see the videos of them. 

50 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The best way to treat these dweebs is to ignore them and body check them into lockers. 

The New York Times

Chris Wallace Struggled to Rein In an Unruly Trump at First Debate

Not satisfied with merely speaking over his Democratic opponent, Mr. Trump took aim at the moderator, too. “I guess I’m debating you, not him, but that’s OK, I’m not surprised,” Mr. Trump said after one Wallace query he disliked.

The debate had no breaks. But at the midway point, perhaps sensing that Mr. Trump was threatening to steamroller the event, Mr. Wallace did something unusual for a presidential moderator: He effectively called the debate to a temporary halt.

“The country would be better served if we allowed both people to speak with fewer interruptions,” Mr. Wallace said, directly asking Mr. Trump to yield a higher civic ideal. “I’m appealing to you, sir, to do it.”

“And him, too?” the president replied defiantly, nodding at Mr. Biden.

“Well, frankly, you’ve been doing more interrupting,” Mr. Wallace replied.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/chris-wallace-struggled-to-rein-in-an-unruly-trump-at-first-debate/ar-BB19y8Z4?ocid=msedgdhp

Instead, he closed the evening with Mr. Trump still talking offscreen, attempting to argue over Mr. Wallace’s signoff. “This is the end of this debate,” the Fox News anchor said, drawing a deep breath. “It’s been an interesting hour and a half.”

• Upvote 1

The Washington Post
Interruptions, accusations, chaos: Trump trolled the debate stage

Donald Trump came to heckle. He came to interrupt and to pontificate and to flail his arms, batting away questions and facts in a chaotic fury. He was a boor and a troll, holding up his stubby mitts in an angry pantomime as he tried to halt the words coming from former vice president Joe Biden’s mouth. Trump seemed to believe that with a single rude hand gesture, one that he regularly uses to assert his dominance, he could hold back the truth so he could be free to spin and hype and vent.

It was an exhausting mess that spun beyond moderator Chris Wallace’s control and outside the bounds of anything that could reasonably be called a debate. It was a 90-minute display of a president’s testosterone-fueled, unmanaged rage and insecurity.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/interruptions-accusations-chaos-trump-trolled-the-debate-stage/ar-BB19ygTh?ocid=msedgdhp

• Upvote 1

Trump Tramples Decorum in Presidential Debate With Biden
Jonathan Martin and Alexander Burns  41 mins ago
“Will you shut up, man?” Mr. Biden demanded of Mr. Trump at one point in obvious exasperation. “This is so unpresidential.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/trump-tramples-decorum-in-presidential-debate-with-biden/ar-BB19y9tP?ocid=anaheim-ntp-feeds

• Upvote 1

Image result for fox news logo image

Presidential debate: Insults fly as Trump, Biden tussle at first showdown, moderator works to keep order
President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden kicked off their first fiery presidential debate Tuesday night, sparring over everything from the Supreme Court nomination, coronavirus and Biden's sons, with moderator Chris Wallace of Fox News admonishing Trump several times for interrupting.

5 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Antifa is "an idea" the same way the Holy Roman Empire was "an empire." I think most everyone can agree it doesn't have a significant leadership structure in place. It's clearly real though, and not just theoretical idea. They exist. People see the videos of them. 

The best way to treat these dweebs is to ignore them and body check them into lockers. 

Or tell them to “stand back and standby” 

for what? Are we having a civil war when trump loses?

• Upvote 1

The LA Times

Janet Hook  46 mins ago

Trump needed the debate to change a race he's losing; instead, he doubled down

“The president got hurt tonight," Republican Rick Santorum, the former Pennsylvania senator who ran against Trump in 2016, said on CNN.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-needed-the-debate-to-change-a-race-hes-losing-instead-he-doubled-down/ar-BB19zeId?ocid=msedgdhp

• Upvote 1