SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

19 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio Raises Almost Nothing for 2020 Congress  Run in Miami | Miami New Times

I am pretty sure Enrique Tarrio, The leader of The Proud Boys "IDEA" who is Cuban and Black was pretty surprised to find out that he is the leader of a white supremacist "IDEA" and is probably figuring out a way to tell the 30-35% of his "IDEA" that is non-white that they are apparently white supremacists as well.

fixed my post. this is confusing.

Here's one for you:

Cumulative deaths by age group (individuals who tested positive and died from ANY cause while infected)
Age 80+: 154
Age 0-79: 93

Source: https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases 

PS:
US average life expectancy: 78.54 years

41 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Wasn't it touted as a way to treat/lessen the severity of Covid as part of the Zpack combo?  I don't recall it ever being touted as a way to prevent it all together. 

From the link above about 1 hour ago.

Based on their findings, the researchers from the University of Pennsylvania wrote that they "cannot recommend the routine use of hydroxychloroquine" among health care workers to prevent Covid-19.

52 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio Raises Almost Nothing for 2020 Congress  Run in Miami | Miami New Times

I am pretty sure Enrique Tarrio, The leader of The Proud Boys who is Cuban and Black was pretty surprised to find out that he is the leader of a white supremacist organization and is probably figuring out a way to tell the 30-35% of his organization that is non-white that they are apparently white supremacists as well.

Ah, isn't that sweet. Some Whites and Hispanics came together under common hatred of others and cultists say it is all good. 

No hay mucho racismo en este grupo. Jajajajajajajajajaja 

Pues, cultistas. Están orgulloso, chicos?

https://www.businessinsider.com/proud-boys-extremist-group-fbi-2018-11

The FBI has officially declared the 'Proud Boys,' a far-right 'Western chauvinist' group with a penchant for street fights, as 'extremist'

McInnes has sought to distance the Proud Boys from associations with white nationalism and the alt-right, but the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) describes it as a "hate group." The Proud Boys are known for anti-Muslim and misogynistic rhetoric, the SPLC says on its website. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Never was meant as a preventative measure but an OPTION to treat symptoms along with other treatments.

But congrats on your nothingburger of a story you seem to cling to in some desperate attempt to remain relevant.

Why was the president taking it again?

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

Ah, isn't that sweet. Some Whites and Hispanics came together under common hatred of others and cultists say it is all good. 

No hay mucho racismo en este grupo. Jajajajajajajajajaja 

Pues, cultistas. Eren orgulloso, muchachos?

https://www.businessinsider.com/proud-boys-extremist-group-fbi-2018-11

Somewhat similar to how blacks come together in hatred of other races.

• Upvote 1

"I can’t take these shutdowns anymore and I’m scared what it’s doing to me. I’m looking for who to blame — saying I’m trying to help people to make myself feel better. The truth is I just want to have fun again. I wanted to see that I could go out in the world and do things I used to do, but I can’t. I’m not any better and I don’t care any more than anyone else. I did all this because I just want my life back. I just want my life back." -- Stan Marsh 

A character on South Park sums up the emotional state of America in one soliloquy. 

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

One thing that some people never figure out....the rich and the powerful often have information that the public does not have.  If you knew that Warren Buffett (at least in his prime) was getting ready to invest in a company and you couldn't figure out why......the smart bet would have been to invest money in that company.  If you see the city engineer moving stuff out of his house before a flood.......you would be well advised to clear out your house too because water is probably a coming.  When you see a rich/wealthy person getting a treatment for a condition, don't underestimate the fact that they may be doing it with knowledge that you aren't privy too.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Many false Biden health stories were spread on social media yesterday.
T put out misleading Facebook ads.
Maybe the lost twins on here, that I tried to email a map to yesterday, were helping with the spread of these falsehoods. I wouldn't put it past them, they put out false accusations on in this thread.

You mean during election season there will be people spreading rumors about candidates?

I'm curious, how new to this are you? Thats not even designed as an insult.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Um ... how does "white Hispanic" fit into that? I get so confused by all these labels. 

Me? I'm a North Dakotan. 

White Hispanics are what we call regular Hispanics when they do something inconvenient to the Democrat Party's narrative.

Its very amusing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

One thing that some people never figure out....the rich and the powerful often have information that the public does not have.  If you knew that Warren Buffett (at least in his prime) was getting ready to invest in a company and you couldn't figure out why......the smart bet would have been to invest money in that company.  If you see the city engineer moving stuff out of his house before a flood.......you would be well advised to clear out your house too because water is probably a coming.  When you see a rich/wealthy person getting a treatment for a condition, don't underestimate the fact that they may be doing it with knowledge that you aren't privy too.  

Interesting.

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You ever heard of your mechanic or plumber or hair dresser busted by the SEC for insider trading? 

No I haven't,
but it seems scary to me when my mechanic, plumber, and hair cutter are telling me what's the best stocks to buy right now, maybe more like time to get out?

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

No I haven't,
but it seems scary to me when my mechanic, plumber, and hair cutter are telling me what's the best stocks to buy right now, maybe more like time to get out?

I haven't met any mechanics that have recommended me to never change the oil on my car, while changing their own oil every thousand miles. I guess if we had a shortage of snake oil it could happen though!

19 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

That is not how medicine works.

Unlike most other professions, the medical community shares treatment information, once vetted by the scientific process, for the good of all humans, not just the wealthy ones.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

That is not how medicine works.

Unlike most other professions, the medical community shares treatment information, once vetted by the scientific process, for the good of all humans, not just the wealthy ones.

Eventually yes, that is how it occurs.  However does it always occur that way early on in the process?  Are you saying that with promising trials that no strings are ever pulled to get certain people admitted to the trial?  That those in certain positions don't have early information on whether a treatment is showing promise or not well before it's been fully vetted?  

And let's also not forget that if one thinks that Trump has interfered with the scientific process in the US....what would be the correct way to describe China's control over researchers in that country?

39 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

To show as an example to the millions of mislead Americans that it was a safe option that would not kill you as the libral screaming fear factory played it out to just to oppose Orangemanbad

This isn't hard to understand.

Just now, TheFlop said:

Eventually yes, that is how it occurs.  However does it always occur that way early on in the process?  Are you saying that with promising trials that no strings are ever pulled to get certain people admitted to the trial?  That those in certain positions don't have early information on whether a treatment is showing promise or not well before it's been fully vetted?  

Most studies are blinded, so the researchers dont know who is getting what specific treatment.   Only when there is negative outcomes do they intervene early in a trial.

And let's also not forget that if one thinks that Trump has interfered with the scientific process in the US....what would be the correct way to describe China's control over researchers in that country?

Im not making that argument.  

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You ever heard of your mechanic or plumber or hair dresser busted by the SEC for insider trading? 

Insider trading?  Insider trading is exactly what most of us common folks don't have.  The correct comparison would be that if you saw your mechanic dumping out all of his penzoil oil for an unknown reason.....that one possible explanation is that he knows something that you don't and maybe there is something wrong with Penzoil oil.