SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

5 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Yes that’s called common sense, unfortunately a large segment of Americans don't exhibit as such.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2020/03/19/spring-break-beaches-florida-look-packed-despite-coronavirus-spread/2873248001/

Click on the video of the spring breakers for a good chuckle...Bryson Taylor at the end - laugh out loud funny.

13 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

if the incubation period is up to 12 days and infected people may start shedding before symptom onset, it would take way more that one test to clear the exposed person from mask use. Unfortunately there’s not an easy answer, given the PPE shortage.  

I know.  I'm just griping cause I wish there was an answer. 

Currently only HCP exposed on the day symptoms develop or after are suggested quarantine, despite evidence that there is viral shedding beforehand.  And even then the quarantine is only if you can afford to lose the staff.  I wish they had made those decisions last week; it would have made my week WAY easier.

47 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I started feeling sick on Monday with what I perceived to be influenza and have been at home since then.  Must have had 20 friends and co-workers suggest that I immediately go get tested for COVID-19.  Shaking my head...

I hope you feel better soon

23 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

If you have the means to do it, why wouldn't you? 

A.  Because I didnt believe I had it 

B.  Isn't there a shorting of testing availability?  

56 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

A.  Because I didnt believe I had it 

B.  Isn't there a shorting of testing availability?  

There’s a catastrophic overall shortage, but that doesn't mean it extends to your particular area   Call your doctor and find out.

Plus its not like you have the sniffles. You said you've been too sick with the flu to go to work for 4 days.   Most people see the doctor if they’re out of work that long, covid or not.   I mean there are studies now that suggest even digestive issues can be the first sign of covid.   

A significant reason for testing is to keep everyone safe; not just yourself.  If you have the means, you’re  a prime candidate.   

Stay safe and get well soon!  

16 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

There’s a catastrophic overall shortage, but that doesn't mean it extends to your particular area   Call your doctor and find out.

Plus its not like you have the sniffles. You said you've been too sick with the flu to go to work for 4 days.   Most people see the doctor if they’re out of work that long, covid or not.   I mean there are studies now that suggest even digestive issues can be the first sign of covid.   

A significant reason for testing is to keep everyone safe; not just yourself.  If you have the means, you’re  a prime candidate.   

If you exhibit any illness, regardless of severity, you're supposed to stay home right now.  Most colds, even minor ones, take multiple days to get over.

He said he's self-quarantining, so he is keeping everybody else safe.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

If he has the ability to stay home to recover why use a test?  Not having a shortage in testing in his area now doesn't mean there won't be a critical shortage in a week.  Save the test; stay home and get better.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I already said I didn't believe I had it, so why give into the panic and waste a test?  My symptoms are very much that of the flu.  After a not-so-great day yesterday, I'm feeling significantly better today, although not nearly 100%.  I'll be fine.    

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I already said I didn't believe I had it, so why give into the panic and waste a test?  My symptoms are very much that of the flu.  After a not-so-great day yesterday, I'm feeling significantly better today, although not nearly 100%.  I'll be fine.    

I’ll give a concurring opinion. You may have it. We don’t have enough knowledge of the range of symptoms yet. However, there’s no real need to test. My employer just released their latest testing guidelines and say no testing for mild to moderate illness. They say stay home for seven days or until three day after symptom resolution, whichever is longer. 

So GF is shutdown for bars and restaurants? Everything still open here in La Crosse WI. 

Just now, Sioux90 said:

So GF is shutdown for bars and restaurants? Everything still open here in La Crosse WI. 

Carryout and delivery only in North Dakota. 

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Scary times.

Vermont is now allowing alcohol delivery with ordered in food, with your take out and curbside package store pick up  It is an ill wind that blows no one good

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Why don't MN and ND just combine state governments right now? We'd all save money and resources. Walz mandates something.....2-3 days later Dougie does the same. Just a domino effect. 

• Upvote 1

Having visited a popular restaurant for carryout last night, I'd guess it was just a matter of time before they all went that route anyway to save money. Nobody was there. Several had already closed their doors before Doug's orders. 

5 hours ago, NDSU grad said:

Stupid question but does the FDA have an emergency provision like the EPA does for herbicide registration?

I doubt they had a stockpile, but Bayer just donated 3M tabs of chloroquine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-bayer/bayer-donates-three-million-malaria-tablets-to-us-for-potential-use-against-coronavirus-idUSKBN21637E

Also, the Joint Commission, one of the accrediting bodies for hospitals, has suspended visits to allow hospitals to focus on the outbreak.  The FDA has done the same (yes, they visit hospitals).  Other authorities are also loosening some of their requirements for inpatient pharmacies secondary to the massive PPE shortage.  It's nice to see regulatory bodies showing some grace here.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

I’ll give a concurring opinion. You may have it. We don’t have enough knowledge of the range of symptoms yet. However, there’s no real need to test. My employer just released their latest testing guidelines and say no testing for mild to moderate illness. They say stay home for seven days or until three day after symptom resolution, whichever is longer. 

I still think it’s the flu, but I suppose it’s possible.  Yesterday was by far the worst day - I literally could not crawl out of bed and had a headache that lasted all thru last night.  Still coughing pretty thick today, but I feel light years better than I did 24-36 hours ago.  A good night’s sleep tonight should do more wonders for me tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, keikla said:

I doubt they had a stockpile, but Bayer just donated 3M tabs of chloroquine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-bayer/bayer-donates-three-million-malaria-tablets-to-us-for-potential-use-against-coronavirus-idUSKBN21637E

Also, the Joint Commission, one of the accrediting bodies for hospitals, has suspended visits to allow hospitals to focus on the outbreak.  The FDA has done the same (yes, they visit hospitals).  Other authorities are also loosening some of their requirements for inpatient pharmacies secondary to the massive PPE shortage.  It's nice to see regulatory bodies showing some grace here.

JCAHO can keep their visits suspended for eternity. 

• Upvote 2

Unable to confirm...but my son tells me friends in Duluth say a local distillery-bar-restaurant business is now closed, so they converted the distillery to making hand sanitizer. And give it away. Nice and kudos if actually true..

5 hours ago, Old Fella said:

North Dakota:

Yesterday 7

Today 15

Up to 19

11 Burleigh

4 Morton

3 Ward

1 Cass

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Up to 19

11 Burleigh

4 Morton

3 Ward

1 Cass

Time to call out the National Guard and seal the border around Burleigh County!

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Time to call out the National Guard and seal the border around Burleigh County!

I believe the new cases today in Bismarck were all one family. Traveled to eastern US. Mild/no symptoms. 

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I believe the new cases today in Bismarck were all one family. Traveled to eastern US. Mild/no symptoms. 

Which must explain why I haven’t seen those cases reported on CNN yet...