SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Sure it's not the only risk, it's just the biggest risk to those. 

Are you afraid of getting in your car and driving because you might get hit by another car? Or maybe a fender bender (the equivalent of an airborne droplet giving you asymptomatic Covid)?

Or maybe you are one of those who drive alone in your car with a mask on...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Interesting, let me guess you vote right instead of left?

The medical experts reports I've seen say we are under-counting covid deaths.

What does that have to do with anything?  I consider myself a constitutional libertarian. I believe in freedom. 

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

So it's the White Houses fault that the medical community hasn't come up with an accurate test yet?  Listen to yourself!  Is it also the White Houses fault that the medical community hasn't found a cure for cancer yet?  Geezus, what is wrong with you?

Just think of the financial windfall that would come to the first company that develops a fast and accurate Covid test?  Believe me, companies don't need the White House to pressure them to do it 

Remember, big orange is man very bad. They have to stay on message. 

2 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Agreed, type of mask used also makes a huge difference, as well as how "wear" said mask.

Bottom line, avoid large crowds, limit your interactions, socially distance when you do interact and you will be just fine.  Masks have little effect on the transmission, unless you have the appropriate mask and are wearing it correctly.  

That’s a very good point. How many people do you see wearing their mask incorrectly? Those masks are useless. 

23 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Are you afraid of getting in your car and driving because you might get hit by another car? Or maybe a fender bender (the equivalent of an airborne droplet giving you asymptomatic Covid)?

Or maybe you are one of those who drive alone in your car with a mask on...

No because I'm prepared to drive. I consider myself a fairly defensive driver, I use my seatbelt, I obey the traffic laws/speed limits, I don't drive intoxicated, I limit distractions, and my vehicle has a number of safety features that were designed based on generations of testing. I even go so far as to run winter tires during the cold and icy months. 

Do you feel safe when you drive? If so, why are you looking into other's cars while driving?

On 8/28/2020 at 1:07 PM, UNDBIZ said:

I'd assume it's multiple people simply repeating the story that came out of Florida or wherever months ago. 

There are also multiple scams going on nationwide where they call to tell you you're positive or have been in close contact with a positive and they need your credit card to send you treatment or a test. 

No, it's not repetition of an old story, this is happening in Grand Forks and I'm hearing about it the context of very specific examples of people closely tied to it.  In a video call with a co-worker a thousand miles away few days ago, he also shared knowledge of similar things happening to people he knows personally.  His example was someone he knows registering to get tested, then going over a lunch hour only to have the testing so slow that they never got in before they needed to return to work, so they left w/o getting tested.  Got called the next day saying they tested positive.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SIOUXpucks said:

No, it's not repetition of an old story, this is happening in Grand Forks and I'm hearing about it the context of very specific examples of people closely tied to it.  In a video call with a co-worker a thousand miles away few days ago, he also shared knowledge of similar things happening to people he knows personally.  His example was someone he knows registering to get tested, then going over a lunch hour only to have the testing so slow that they never got in before they needed to return to work, so they left w/o getting tested.  Got called the next day saying they tested positive.

Who are these people in Grand Forks? Or do these people prefer to remain message board conjecture?

On 7/22/2020 at 12:42 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Do question to some extent the validity of "unique" daily positives though. Know someone who registered for the testing....too long of a wait so left without getting tested.......yet got notified test was postive.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:59 PM, jdub27 said:

Do you actually know this person or are you talking about the article that has been floating around on Facebook about the person from Florida. Because it sure sounds eerily similar.
https://fox6now.com/2020/07/21/florida-to-investigate-alleged-covid-test-result-mix-ups/

For those who didn't read/see it:
What actually happened was the indivdiual registered, was assigned a slot and then got out of line due to the wait. Her doing that put the number assigned to each sample/slot off by one. So the test that she was supposed to take went to the person behind her, who tested positive. Due to the paperwork issue, she got the call for a positive test as that is who it was originally assigned to.

Obviously a very concerning error as there were people getting the wrong information, but it wasn't due to some mass conspiracy or people trying to pad the numbers, it was due to paperwork error from a mass testing event, which are completely different issues to address. The governor has already made comments that it is being looked into and protocols need to be adjusted so people get the correct info.

20 minutes ago, SIOUXpucks said:

200.gif

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

No because I'm prepared to drive. I consider myself a fairly defensive driver, I use my seatbelt, I obey the traffic laws/speed limits, I don't drive intoxicated, I limit distractions, and my vehicle has a number of safety features that were designed based on generations of testing. I even go so far as to run winter tires during the cold and icy months. 

Do you feel safe when you drive? If so, why are you looking into other's cars while driving?

That is interesting...

You take measures to protect yourself (like wearing a mask, not going to places where large crowds are - parties, athletic events), while you are not able to control the drunk driver or texting driver in the other car that ‘could’ hit you (a person not wearing a mask). Yet you still feel enough in control of your own actions to take that calculated risk on the road. I would guess the odds are not that different.

7 minutes ago, zonadub said:

That is interesting...

You take measures to protect yourself (like wearing a mask, not going to places where large crowds are - parties, athletic events), while you are not able to control the drunk driver or texting driver in the other car that ‘could’ hit you (a person not wearing a mask). Yet you still feel enough in control of your own actions to take that calculated risk on the road. I would guess the odds are not that different.

Interesting that we don't see people coming on here saying they should be able to speed, drive recklessly, drunk, or texting. I wonder why?

42 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

So even though you feel that you are prepared to drive, can you guarantee 100% that you won't cause an accident that causes harm to someone else?  Because using your mask logic..... unless you can (which you can't) you shouldn't be able to ever drive right?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

So even though you feel that you are prepared to drive, can you guarantee 100% that you won't cause an accident that causes harm to someone else?  Because using your mask logic..... unless you can (which you can't) you shouldn't be able to ever drive right?

No I cannot. But the measures I have taken greatly reduce my chances of being in that accident.

47 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

200.gif

Plus I know it happened to multiple  family members from the same family on the same day in lakes country in MN.

Also know of someone who got antibody testing only to receive notice of results of test that wasn't done on the day she had test performed on in Fargo. 

#trustthedata

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Interesting that we don't see people coming on here saying they should be able to speed, drive recklessly, drunk, or texting. I wonder why?

Most reasonable people agree there are limits on what could and should be done legally. In a free society, the line between legal and illegal will always be in flux and hotly debated. It's a foundational principal of a functioning society.

However, just because rules exist to limit freedoms, we can't say that because the precedent is set to limit freedoms that additional limits should be implemented without question or debate.

Reasonable people will disagree about where the line needs to be drawn now until eternity.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

No I cannot. But the measures I have taken greatly reduce my chances of being in that accident.

So if you are vulnerable and/or just plain worried, would staying at home, visiting stores at off peak hours, etc also greatly reduce your odds of catching Covid?  Why with driving is "reduced" good enough but with Covid there is an insistance on zero chance?

6 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

So if you are vulnerable and/or just plain worried, would staying at home, visiting stores at off peak hours, etc also greatly reduce your odds of catching Covid?  Why with driving is "reduced" good enough but with Covid there is an insistance on zero chance?

Who is insisting on zero chance of catching Covid? It was a little too late for that a long time ago.

• Upvote 1