SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

25 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So testing is necessary in this case?

Absolutely.....and maybe Cass Co. is on the right track of testing "priority" groups. We have know from day 1 who is in that group. 

Lining up students outside the HPC at UND...….yippee.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Goon said:

We keep hearing how the right is fanning flames of violence. He’s a collection of left-leaning people and their comments. I’ll hang up and listen.

BOTH sides are fanning the flames, but this is because Trump has set the tone to do so.  This level of government divisiveness in a time of domestic crisis would've been unthinkable under Obama, GWB, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc.  Trump is 100% party over country, and everybody else henceforth follows suit.  Unlike previous Presidents, Trump has never once attempted to represent the totality of the nation.  His entire Presidency is predicated upon 'owning the liberals'.   Why is this so difficult to understand?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Absolutely.....and maybe Cass Co. is on the right track of testing "priority" groups. We have know from day 1 who is in that group. 

Lining up students outside the HPC at UND...….yippee.

Valley Senior Living held another weekly mass testing event on 8/31. Results started trickling in yesterday(half the results aren't back yet). So far 7 positives, so that's 7 employees who could have brought the virus into the facilities the past couple days while awaiting results, plus an unknown number of staff with no results yet who also could be bringing the virus into the facility.

Is there not benefit in mass testing? Quarantining positives from these tests should reduce community spread and in turn reduce the number of infections into these skilled nursing facilities, no?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

BOTH sides are fanning the flames, but this is because Trump has set the tone to do so.  This level of government divisiveness in a time of crisis would've been unthinkable under Obama, GWB, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc.  Trump is 100% party over country, and everybody else henceforth follows suit.  Unlike previous Presidents, Trump has never once attempted to represent the totality of the nation.    Why is this so difficult to understand?

Do you have the montage of Right-Leaning politicians and media people calling for unrest and violence. By all means, please post it if you do. 
I will again, hang up and listen. In the mean time, I will drop this little nugget. Nineteen minutes after his swearing in, the Washington Compost was calling for President Trump's impeachment. 

The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun

Jan. 20, 2017 at 11:19 a.m. GMT-6

The effort to impeach President Donald John Trump is already underway.

At the moment the new commander in chief was sworn in, a campaign to build public support for his impeachment went live at ImpeachDonaldTrumpNow.org, spearheaded by two liberal advocacy groups aiming to lay the groundwork for his eventual ejection from the White House.

The organizers behind the campaign, Free Speech for People and RootsAction, are hinging their case on Trump’s insistence on maintaining ownership of his luxury hotel and golf course business while in office. Ethics experts have warned that his financial holdings could potentially lead to constitutional violations and undermine public faith in his decision-making.

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Valley Senior Living held another weekly mass testing event on 8/31. Results started trickling in yesterday(half the results aren't back yet). So far 7 positives, so that's 7 employees who could have brought the virus into the facilities the past couple days while awaiting results, plus an unknown number of staff with no results yet who also could be bringing the virus into the facility.

Is there not benefit in mass testing? Quarantining positives from these tests should reduce community spread and in turn reduce the number of infections into these skilled nursing facilities, no?

I see where you are going with this and I'm not in total disagreement. Massive testing just to test....no. The 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon testing method is chasing a ghost you can't catch. "Priority" testing especially in the vulnerable population absolutely makes sense. I do see this as beneficial.

Again what you are wanting, testing everyone all the time, isn't even done within the healthcare community.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I see where you are going with this and I'm not in total disagreement. Massive testing just to test....no. The 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon testing method is chasing a ghost you can't catch. "Priority" testing especially in the vulnerable population absolutely makes sense. I do see this as beneficial.

Again what you are wanting, testing everyone all the time, isn't even done within the healthcare community.

I don't think we need to test everyone all the time.  

But testing those that are going into gatherings such as schools....I can see benefit in what UND is doing over NDSU to prevent further community spread, can't you? It's unfortunate it's not being done widespread in the healthcare community yet. I think we are fortunate enough to be in ND where at least we know the skilled nursing facilities are being regularly tested, but there's still room for improvement.

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

A statement in September qualifies as interfering with an election that takes place in November?     

USA TODAY
North Carolina elections chief says 'It is illegal to vote twice in an election' after Trump comment on double voting

William Cummings, USA TODAY  26 mins ago

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Goon said:

I don't think that's what he's talking about. I heard the hosts talking about this on Fox this morning. They're saying get an absentee ballot and bring it to the polls. That's quite different than vote twice (once in person and by mail-in ballot). 

Michigan and North Carolina election officials remind voters that voting twice is illegal after Trump suggests itn AG on Trump comments: Don't vote twice and remember don't drink bleach
By Chandelis Duster, CNN  31 mins ago
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/michigan-and-north-carolina-election-officials-remind-voters-that-voting-twice-is-illegal-after-trump-suggests-itn-ag-on-trump-comments-don-t-vote-twice-and-remember-don-t-drink-bleach/ar-BB18G8ja?ocid=msedgdhp

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I don't think we need to test everyone all the time.  

But testing those that are going into gatherings such as schools....I can see benefit in what UND is doing over NDSU to prevent further community spread, can't you? It's unfortunate it's not being done widespread in the healthcare community yet. I think we are fortunate enough to be in ND where at least we know the skilled nursing facilities are being regularly tested, but there's still room for improvement.

You have to wonder about the purpose of these tests. I had to take a test recently, and it took five days for my negative results to come back. If there was an accurate, rapid testing method available it would be more ideal. All it is, is a snapshot of that time and date. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Do you have the montage of Right-Leaning politicians and media people calling for unrest and violence. By all means, please post it if you do. 
I will again, hang up and listen. In the mean time, I will drop this little nugget. Nineteen minutes after his swearing in, the Washington Compost was calling for President Trump's impeachment. 

If you don't have this very specific request distilled into an easily consumed video catered to the lumpenproletariat, then I don't believe you!

Anyone capable of critical thinking will agree that Trump is fanning the flames.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Sounds like a personal responsibility issue.  Those with access to old people should be more careful/be tested often and the facility should tighten their procedures.  Shouldn't cause a volleyball team of high school kids to miss two weeks of games.  

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

If you don't have this very specific request distilled into an easily consumed video catered to the lumpenproletariat, then I don't believe you!

Anyone capable of critical thinking will agree that Trump is fanning the flames.

Way to stay on the liberal talking points. 

s

5 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Sounds like a personal responsibility issue.  Those with access to old people should be more careful/be tested often and the facility should tighten their procedures.  Shouldn't cause a volleyball team of high school kids to miss two weeks of games.  

It is a personal responsibility issue that the whole community is responsible for. 

Tell us what triggered the volleyball team to miss two weeks of games?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It is a personal responsibility issue that the whole community is responsible for. 

Tell us what triggered the volleyball team to miss two weeks of games?

#1 It's the personal responsibility of those that will come in contact with those that are vulnerable that can't protect themselves (like those in nursing homes).  For those that aren't locked into a controlled setting, the personal responsibility falls onto the person that is vulnerable (but can make their own decisions to minimize their risk).

#2 It was triggered by chicken littles like yourself that believe that just because you are too scared to partake in an activity that no one else should be able to either.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Michigan and North Carolina election officials remind voters that voting twice is illegal after Trump suggests itn AG on Trump comments: Don't vote twice and remember don't drink bleach
By Chandelis Duster, CNN  31 mins ago
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/michigan-and-north-carolina-election-officials-remind-voters-that-voting-twice-is-illegal-after-trump-suggests-itn-ag-on-trump-comments-don-t-vote-twice-and-remember-don-t-drink-bleach/ar-BB18G8ja?ocid=msedgdhp

It's like the kids game of telephone.  Trump says something off the cuff that is kinda goofy or weird.  It gets passed through multiple iterations of media/social media... and all of a sudden he told people to drink bleach or some other completely untruthful spin on the original statement.

I find it odd that Trump and Biden are doing the exact some thing concerning the unrest.  They both "bothside" the violence and don't specifically denounce the violence  by the fringes of the left and right respectively.  The left jumps on Trump, and the right jumps on Biden, but they are both saying literally the exact same thing.

11 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

#1 It's the personal responsibility of those that will come in contact with those that are vulnerable that can't protect themselves (like those in nursing homes).  For those that aren't locked into a controlled setting, the personal responsibility falls onto the person that is vulnerable (but can make their own decisions to minimize their risk).

#2 It was triggered by chicken littles like yourself that believe that just because you are too scared to partake in an activity that no one else should be able to either.  

Here we go with name calling again. Maybe we can get another meltdown?

1. yes those that come into contact have the responsibility but the more widespread the virus has spread would you agree the less control those have over whether they become infected or not? This is why there is a community responsibility to reduce the spread.

2. what exactly happened that made them cancel games for two weeks. It definitely wasn’t my doing on siouxsports.

13 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Although I'd like it to be able to work this way, what does the nursing home RN do with her high school aged child?  How about her husband who's employed at Simplot or LM?  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

An unstable president, like Trump, is a great concern for members of our armed forces.  Knowing that our enemies pay bounties on them and the orange turd does and says nothing has to be killing morale.

Unstable...lol You're unstable Soyboy.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This pretty much wraps up why I will not vote for TRUMP.

New York Daily News
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/commentary-donald-trump-the-immoralist/ar-BB18FudK?ocid=msedgntp
ethical matters have been implicit in innumerable criticisms of Trump: his routine lying, his violation of fundamental political norms, his disregard for constitutional limits, his blatant obstruction of the coming election, his errant policies and taste for chaos.

But we clarify and deepen our judgment of Trump by bringing to it a specifically moral dimension. There are, of course, a multitude of vices of character, religious and secular, that could apply, as well as elaborate systems of ethical principles. They emphasize that Trump’s immorality, enhanced by his enablers, degrades democracy in America.

We begin with indecency. Trump’s modus vivendi is to taint, defame and libel fellow Americans, precisely because they exhibit decency and fair-mindedness — people like Sen. John McCain, the grieving Gold Star parents Khizr and Ghazala Khan, honorable career officials like ambassador Marie Yovanovitch. Anyone admired who is not admiring of him is liable to be attacked in repugnant terms with obscene gestures. Truth-tellers who question him — journalists or scientists — are met with unremitting assaults on their honesty and professional reputation. Trump also levels vicious attacks on entire groups, including immigrants, protesters and Democratic “scum.”

Presidential indecency radiates throughout society. Its distinctive damage to democracy is that it sets an all-pervasive environment of disrespect and dehumanization. Trump’s targets are divested of every dimension of fellow citizenship. His unrestrained attacks remove inhibitions on violence. They suppress the negotiations and mutuality that democracy assumes and cannot work without.

Cruelty goes further. It lies in his infliction of pain and suffering. Trump seeks not only to combat but to destroy those he sees as opponents. He seeks to bring about a break in their life trajectory: separating immigrant children from their parents, firing a career professional who turns whistleblower. There is lethal cruelty in his insistence on opening up society in the face of resurgent outbreaks of COVID-19: his readiness to sacrifice for his personal electoral advantage thousands of people who will sicken and die from the virus.

As a result, people in public life fear his power to destroy their careers, and ordinary citizens fear his erratic and destructive behavior and the harm it may do them. A fearful citizenry becomes passive, immobilized and isolated.

Recklessness, or carelessness, consists of Trump’s complete lack of concern about the consequences of his speech and actions for others. It amplifies indecency and cruelty. Taking the word careless literally, we can say that our president fails to take care of the people and institutions of his country. The result of presidential carelessness is to make all policies ad hoc, all institutions disordered, all public expectations of continuity disrupted.

We see this, again, most clearly in his pandemic response, including Trump’s advocacy of the ineffective and dangerous drug hydroxychloroquine, disparagement of medical authorities, encouraging followers to reject elementary precautions like wearing masks, and most reckless of all, provoking protests for “liberation” from public health imperatives.

Trump’s indecency, cruelty and carelessness have no limits. It leads to our judgment that not only Trump’s discrete acts but the man and his entire presidency are immoral and a disaster for democracy. Directly confronting America’s descent into immorality is a necessary step in national renewal.

5 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

LOL - Give me a break - who's been trying to destroy  President Thump since day one.  As far as McCain and others they started the criticism and Thump hits back.  He's not W who let the left walk all over him and didn't say a word.  This article is a joke.  

LOL - Give me a break

Newsweek
Former GOP Governors Lead Nearly 100 Republican and Independent Politicians in Coalition Backing Joe Biden
Jason Lemon  1 hr ago
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-gop-governors-lead-nearly-100-republican-and-independent-politicians-in-coalition-backing-joe-biden/ar-BB18G8zg?ocid=msedgdhp

40 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although I'd like it to be able to work this way, what does the nursing home RN do with her high school aged child?  How about her husband who's employed at Simplot or LM?  

Which takes us back to the question that Redneck refuses to answer, what is acceptable?  Because in your above scenario, if you are worried about your kid getting it and spreading it.....sign the kid up for online learning and don't let him/her participate in any extracurriculars....but don't dictate that same expectation on me.  As for the husband at Simplot, double down on safety precautions and if you still don't feel adequately able to protect yourself then maybe a new job is needed.  Even with everyone doing everything right, people will still get it in those situations so stop cancelling life in an effort to hit an unattainable (and constantly moving) goal.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Goon said:

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

You don’t even need common sense to understand this.  All you need is eyes and ears.  

In Trump’s recent press conference he not only refused to condemn the right-wing thugs in Portland, he justified their actions.  

If you don’t think this flat out incites violence, I have a bridge to sell you.  

• Downvote 1