SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 hours ago, Goon said:

I don't think that's what he's talking about. I heard the hosts talking about this on Fox this morning.

You are aware that FOX spins his comments?
FOX anchors have their hands full with Trump comments in downplaying or neutralizing them.
A kind of spin that is unpresedented.

FreeIceFishReports.jpg

You do know Trump was compalining about voter fraud over the last month, now yesterday asking his supporters to vote twice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Which takes us back to the question that Redneck refuses to answer, what is acceptable?  Because in your above scenario, if you are worried about your kid getting it and spreading it.....sign the kid up for online learning and don't let him/her participate in any extracurriculars....but don't dictate that same expectation on me.  As for the husband at Simplot, double down on safety precautions and if you still don't feel adequately able to protect yourself then maybe a new job is needed.  Even with everyone doing everything right, people will still get it in those situations so stop cancelling life in an effort to hit and unattainable (and constantly moving) goal.    

Who is going to want to work for a nursing home in that situation? Does Oxbow need to quit his job in the medical field or just tell his children they can't leave the house again?

I don't agree with cancelling life.  We should never go through another lockdown.  But testing, finding, and quarantining asymptomatic people who may spread the virus seems like a reasonable responsibility for the community to accept under the current circumstances.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Who is going to want to work for a nursing home in that situation? Does Oxbow need to quit his job in the medical field or just tell his children they can't leave the house again?

I don't agree with cancelling life.  We should never go through another lockdown.  But testing, finding, and quarantining asymptomatic people who may spread the virus seems like a reasonable responsibility for the community to accept under the current circumstances.

From the sound of it Oxbow has made educated decisions based on the information available and determined what is reasonable and isn't reasonable and chosen to live his life....so bad example there.  He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming he does what he can to sanitize and wear the proper equipment at his job, but even so there is no way to eliminate the chance that he could pass something on to a patient.  

The fallacy of your testing argument is....I could be tested today at noon, catch Covid from the UPS driver handing me a package at 1pm....but my test results tomorrow would still come back negative.  Too many people think that a negative test result somehow lasts until your next test, which it doesn't.  

• Like 1

Just now, TheFlop said:

The fallacy of your testing argument is....I could be tested today at noon, catch Covid from the UPS driver handing me a package at 1pm....but my test results tomorrow would still come back negative.  Too many people think that a negative test result somehow lasts until your next test, which it doesn't.  

Of course it doesn't, but if you tested positive, you would know not to have direct contact with the UPS driver.  It's a battle of attrition.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

FOX anchors have their hands full with Trump comments in downplaying or neutralizing them.
A kind of spin that is unprecedented.

FreeIceFishReports.jpg

We can play this game all day long. What's your point? Constipated News Network and MSDNC are also slanted to the extreme left. It would appear in this situation that they misrepresented the president in this situation. My God, I am surprised you missed OAN. 

Capture.PNG

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Of course it doesn't, but if you tested positive, you would know not to have direct contact with the UPS driver.  It's a battle of attrition.

You mean if you test positive there is a 60-70% chance you are actually positive?  .....or if you text negative there is also a considerable chance you really aren't negative?  If you want to participate in a war of attrition have at it, but for the vast majority of Americans it is unnecessary.  

Once again, what is acceptable?  How long?  With the understanding it will never disappear, 5 years from now if one kid gets Covid does his/her entire class lose 2 weeks of class/sports?  

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

It is a personal responsibility issue that the whole community is responsible for. 

What does that even mean? I am responsible for me and me only. I am also responsible for my 13-year-old child. 

Personally, I chose to wear a mask when I go into stores and buildings. If others don't want to wear a mask, so be it. It's called FREEDOM. 

10 minutes ago, Goon said:

We can play this game all day long. What's your point? Constipated News Network and MSDNC are also slanted to the extreme left. It would appear in this situation that they misrepresented the president in this situation. My God, I am surprised you missed OAN. 

Voting twice is illegal.

Your supporting Trumpets' reguest.

1 minute ago, Goon said:

What does that even mean? I am responsible for me and me only. I am also responsible for my 13-year-old child. 

Personally, I chose to wear a mask when I go into stores and buildings. If others don't want to wear a mask, so be it. It's called FREEDOM. 

You don’t get it do you? If you get behind the wheel drunk as a skunk with your thirteen your old in the back seat are you endangering only your and your child’s lives?

And it’s not called freedom, it’s called following the guidelines of whose property you are on. Don’t like it and you will be trespassed. You get that don’t you?

38 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

You don’t even need common sense to understand this.  All you need is eyes and ears.  

In Trump’s recent press conference he not only refused to condemn the right-wing thugs in Portland, he justified their actions.  

If you don’t think this flat out incites violence, I have a bridge to sell you.  

How has he specifically justified the "right-wing thugs"?  His words, not the recaps.

Every clip I've seen from Biden and Trump condemns the violence.  Trump won't specifically condemn the violence acts of the "right-wing thugs" and Biden won't condemn the violent acts of BLM and antifa.

Just now, TheFlop said:

You mean if you test positive there is a 60-70% chance you are actually positive?  .....or if you text negative there is also a considerable chance you really aren't negative?  If you want to participate in a war of attrition have at it, but for the vast majority of Americans it is unnecessary.  

Once again, what is acceptable?  How long?  With the understanding it will never disappear, 5 years from now if one kid gets Covid does his/her entire class lose 2 weeks of class/sports?

Where's the study confirming a 30-40% positive error rate?  That's just a ridiculous thing to make up.

What's acceptable changes depending on who you talk to.  Personally, I don't think social distancing and wearing a mask in public is too much of a burden, but I understand some others have different feelings on that for various reasons.  As for timing, we know much more about how to treat the virus now than we did 6 months ago.  Our testing ability is 10x better now than it was 6 months ago.  We'll have quick response tests and a vaccine (of admittedly questionable value at this point, as the studies have not been completed) available soon, likely by the end of the year.  5 years from now, most of the class will have been vaccinated, so no.  In the short term, the virus is gonna virus, but we can take certain steps to limit mass outbreaks.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Where's the study confirming a 30-40% positive error rate?  That's just a ridiculous thing to make up.

What's acceptable changes depending on who you talk to.  Personally, I don't think social distancing and wearing a mask in public is too much of a burden, but I understand some others have different feelings on that for various reasons.  As for timing, we know much more about how to treat the virus now than we did 6 months ago.  Our testing ability is 10x better now than it was 6 months ago.  We'll have quick response tests and a vaccine (of admittedly questionable value at this point, as the studies have not been completed) available soon, likely by the end of the year.  5 years from now, most of the class will have been vaccinated, so no.  In the short term, the virus is gonna virus, but we can take certain steps to limit mass outbreaks.

The false negatives have the biggest error factor.  

If wearing a mask into a store and some (but not absolute) social distancing was the extent of it you wouldn't have the fight that you have now.  I think most people can get on board with that even with the debate about how effective masks really are.  Where the fight comes in is when an outdoor venue like the Grand Forks Speedway that can seat 5,000-6000 arbitrarily has their seating cut down from 3000 (half capacity) to 1500 because "not enough people were wearing masks" at an outdoor venue that was maybe 1/2 full.  It's when instead of cutting down class sizes or spacing out the seats a bit....the class is cancelled all together.  It's the hypocrisy of "protestors" being allowed to congregate in large numbers but churches and youth sports being banned from doing the same.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Where the fight comes in is when an outdoor venue like the Grand Forks Speedway that can seat 5,000-6000 arbitrarily has their seating cut down from 3000 (half capacity) to 1500 because "not enough people were wearing masks" at an outdoor venue that was maybe 1/2 full.  It's when instead of cutting down class sizes or spacing out the seats a bit....the class is cancelled all together.  It's the hypocrisy of "protestors" being allowed to congregate in large numbers but churches and youth sports being banned from doing the same.  

Agreed.  Those are a problem and the lack of consistency has rightfully led many to question the validity of any of the measures being required.  The only one I could maybe agree with is if they have data proving the 3k capacity for the speedway was leading to mass spread of the virus.  I haven't heard/read about them saying it was an issue discovered via contact tracing, so I'm left to assume you are correct and it was an arbitrary decision.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You don’t get it do you? If you get behind the wheel drunk as a skunk with your thirteen your old in the back seat are you endangering only your and your child’s lives?

And it’s not called freedom, it’s called following the guidelines of whose property you are on. Don’t like it and you will be trespassed. You get that don’t you?

First. No you don't get it. This isn't the same thing. You're making it sound as if preventing the spread of Coronavirus is the same as driving drunk. It's not.

It's a virus. What next. Prosecuting people for not wearing a mask? However, I know people that were very careful and still got COVID-19. Like others have said, at what point will this drill be over? Someone I know personally, who;'s a nurse, said it's a virus, eventually, we're probably all going to get it. 

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

FreeIceFishReports.jpg

You do know Trump was compalining about voter fraud over the last month, now yesterday asking his supporters to vote twice.

The media plays to the 7 out of 10 rule.

Congrats on being a part of that group.

30 minutes ago, Goon said:

First. No you don't get it. This isn't the same thing. You're making it sound as if preventing the spread of Coronavirus is the same as driving drunk. It's not.

It's a virus. What next. Prosecuting people for not wearing a mask? However, I know people that were very careful and still got COVID-19. Like others have said, at what point will this drill be over? Someone I know personally, who;'s a nurse, said it's a virus, eventually, we're probably all going to get it. 

We all know it’s a virus. If you had HIV would you feel it was your civil liberty to spread that virus? How about TB?

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

FreeIceFishReports.jpg

Here's the actual quote, yet this gets spun into endorsing voter fraud.

“They will vote and then they are going to have to check their vote by going to the poll and voting that way because if it tabulates then they won’t be able to do that. So let them send it in, and let them go vote. And if the system is as good as they say it is, then they obviously won’t be able to vote,” Trump told WECT News. “If it isn’t tabulated, they will be able to vote. So that’s the way it is, and that’s what they should do.” 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although I'd like it to be able to work this way, what does the nursing home RN do with her high school aged child?  How about her husband who's employed at Simplot or LM?  

That's the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon I previously discussed or the Ferris Bueller 31 Flavors scenario that leads down a rabbit hole that has zero end game. Unfortunately the examples you give are called "life".......some can handle it and continue to enjoy living. Others......well just scroll through the pages here.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Here's the actual quote, yet this gets spun into endorsing voter fraud.

“They will vote and then they are going to have to check their vote by going to the poll and voting that way because if it tabulates then they won’t be able to do that. So let them send it in, and let them go vote. And if the system is as good as they say it is, then they obviously won’t be able to vote,” Trump told WECT News. “If it isn’t tabulated, they will be able to vote. So that’s the way it is, and that’s what they should do.” 

Seems like a pretty harmless statement....unless folks don't actually have faith in the voting by mail system they allege is ABSOLUTELY VITAL to our elections.