SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

The same could be said of those defending him.

Here’s an idea, if we were testing less, we’d have less bad testing happen. I wonder why no one has considered this thought process:whistling:

Been done before. Not that long ago. Just stopped testing since it is a waste of resources and we already know we are in a pandemic, no need for a scoreboard anymore.

7 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

See but those restaurants weren’t forced to fully close, there was still room to adapt and offer takeout. And there is a way to transport a good steak. I understand the fine dining is difficult without the dining room but there are also establishments that have thrived. 

This is really naive thinking man, I’m sorry to say. A business can’t adapt with both hands tied behind its back. 

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

See but those restaurants weren’t forced to fully close, there was still room to adapt and offer takeout. And there is a way to transport a good steak. I understand the fine dining is difficult without the dining room but there are also establishments that have thrived. 

Takeout is basically a break even proposition for most places. Alcohol sales and in person up charges is the only way to make it in the restaurant business

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This is really naive thinking man, I’m sorry to say. A business can’t adapt with both hands tied behind its back. 

Maybe it is and I understand that they cannot operate with both hands tied behind their back. Personally I don't agree with what Walz has done with the blanket covid restrictions. I guess one could always choose to go somewhere else where they can operate the way they'd like, not like I've never heard "you don't like it, move to Canada".

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe it is and I understand that they cannot operate with both hands tied behind their back. Personally I don't agree with what Walz has done with the blanket covid restrictions. I guess one could always choose to go somewhere else where they can operate the way they'd like, not like I've never heard "you don't like it, move to Canada".

I’ve made significant strides towards leaving this state since this began. I no longer trust the leadership here and will be leaving as soon as I can.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

kinda hard to move your brick and mortar store to canada..get real

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’ve made significant strides towards leaving this state since this began. I no longer trust the leadership here and will be leaving as soon as I can.

If I were a business owner I would likely try my best to get out of Minnesota as well.  I know too many people that have been completely destroyed by this.......

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hambone said:

If I were a business owner I would likely try my best to get out of Minnesota as well.  I know too many people that have been completely destroyed by this.......

Yep, it was already an unfriendly state in my industry and this has made it nearly untenable for me and my family. Time to move on.

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

They lost and instead of working with the folks who won to advance things they both wings of the party care about, they got mad, took their ball and went home.

Purity tests are for losers, actively subverting your party because you don't like who won the 2016 primary is even worse.

Those holdout Republicans have no interest in advancing the agenda of a party led by the fringe elements.     

Unlike the democrats (Biden is Dem traditionalist; pure establishment), the populists have a full stranglehold on the Republican Party.   Other than some economic similarities, today's GOP is quite different than what it was under Reagan.    

Those dissenting Republicans are the definition of Country over Party; a term virtually lost in today's political climate.       

15 hours ago, Goon said:

This awesome lady is speaking at the RNC convention this

If you haven’t see her video check it out. I think I’ll donate some money to her campaign. 

What's her proposal to fix Baltimore?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Those holdout Republicans have no interest in advancing the agenda of a party led by the fringe elements.     

Unlike the democrats (Biden is Dem traditionalist; pure establishment), the populists have a full stranglehold on the Republican Party.   Other than some economic similarities, today's GOP is quite different than what it was under Reagan.    

Those dissenting Republicans are the definition of Country over Party; a term virtually lost in today's political climate.       

you have got to be kidding...you just explained the current dem party to a T

2 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Purity tests are for losers, actively subverting your party because you don't like who won the 2016 primary is even worse.

Maybe someday you'll have credibility. Doubtful, but maybe.  

I'm a Bernie supporter.  I know the difference between truth and lies.

Bernie actively campaigned for Clinton.  He will actively campaign for Biden.  As will I.  

Screenshot_20200824-132448_Chrome.jpg

Remember...  

You won't see these folks at the RNC. 

On the other hand:

If you're not indicted, you're not invited. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/politics/trump-maryanne-conway-former-officials/index.html

"(CNN)His sister described him as a liar and fake. A former senior official at the Department of Homeland Security deemed him a woeful danger to the country. A prominent friend with a prime-time slot on Fox News has called him "crazy," according to new book about the network.

His onetime national security adviser wrote in his own book he cares little about human rights. A former Pentagon chief called him "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people." Those sentiments were endorsed by a former chief of staff. A former secretary of state declared him "undisciplined."
Another onetime national security adviser called his attempts to solicit foreign assistance in the election unacceptable. A Homeland Security adviser has called some of his actions "deeply disturbing." A short-lived communications chief has questioned his mental state. A former aide and reality show contestant called him racist."

47 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

What's her proposal to fix Baltimore?

Well she could start with not laundering federal money to cronies and relatives to have them kick it back. Come to think of it that would be a start in most crime ridden democrat controlled areas of the country.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Remember...  

On the other hand:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/politics/trump-maryanne-conway-former-officials/index.html

"(CNN)His sister described him as a liar and fake. A former senior official at the Department of Homeland Security deemed him a woeful danger to the country. A prominent friend with a prime-time slot on Fox News has called him "crazy," according to new book about the network.

His onetime national security adviser wrote in his own book he cares little about human rights. A former Pentagon chief called him "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people." Those sentiments were endorsed by a former chief of staff. A former secretary of state declared him "undisciplined."
Another onetime national security adviser called his attempts to solicit foreign assistance in the election unacceptable. A Homeland Security adviser has called some of his actions "deeply disturbing." A short-lived communications chief has questioned his mental state. A former aide and reality show contestant called him racist."

Joe Biden told black people that Republicans want to put them back in chains. He isn't capable of uniting anything.

Barack Obama had his famous "cling to guns and religion" statement (paraphrased) about Republican voters.

Hillary Clinton referred to Republicans as a basket of deplorables. 

Let's not pretend Democrats have had any sort of honest message of unity over the past 15 years. I'm not going to claim Republicans really have either but man, what a dumb alleged statement from that guy lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1972 said:

you have got to be kidding...you just explained the current dem party to a T

Not really.  

Both parties have shifted towards the extreme, but the right-wing has shifted more.  Bernie is the left-wing equivalent of Trump on the political spectrum......both movements spawned by populism.  Yet it was/is Hillary and Biden on the ticket.  Traditionalists. 

The chaos in the WH is also driving some traditional Republicans away.   We are in a time of crisis; the least we should expect from the President is stability and maturity.  Yet the WH resembles the Apprentice or a WWE match more than it does the Presidency. 

6 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Not really.  

Both parties have shifted towards the extreme, but the right-wing has shifted more.  Bernie is the left-wing equivalent of Trump on the political spectrum......both movements spawned by populism.  Yet it was/is Hillary and Biden on the ticket.  Traditionalists. 

The chaos in the WH is also driving some traditional Republicans away.   We are in a time of crisis; the least we should expect from the President is stability and maturity.  Yet the WH resembles the Apprentice or a WWE match more than it does the Presidency. 

In terms of rhetoric Bernie and Trump may be political mirrors on their respective sides, but in terms of policy Bernie is much further left than Trump is right I think.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Remember...  

On the other hand:

Speaking of real racists...they love Joe.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/white-supremacist-richard-spencer-endorses-joe-biden

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Only because Trump can't say the far-right stuff out loud.

I don't buy that a person who has been in the public eye all of his life and had never been accused of being alt-right or a white supremacist all of a sudden became a racist. He has condemned far right ideology on numerous occasions, but you won't see that part on CNN.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

In terms of rhetoric Bernie and Trump may be political mirrors on their respective sides, but in terms of policy Bernie is much further left than Trump is right I think.

Of course Trump is.  That's not the point though. 

The point is national populism has invaded the right-wing.  It's left-wing equivalent has not invaded the left to the same degree.  Hillary and Biden are the pure definition of 'same old, same old'.  

23 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The chaos in the WH is also driving some traditional Republicans away

you keep posting this, but do you understand that the stuff the left keeps trying to trumpet is the exact reason that there is a ton of traditional Dems saying that they will not be voting for them this time. I dare say that they may out way the ones going the other way....we shall see