SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

9 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Feel free to cite actual characters, situations, and topics from the show. The Wire was the greatest show ever made, and I considered using it as a paper topic in academia. Love to discuss it with anyone, anytime.

the part where drugs are legal (in a certain zone)=libertarian talking point number one...legalize drugs...all drugs.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the part where drugs are legal (in a certain zone)=libertarian talking point number one...legalize drugs...all drugs.

Hamsterdam, which I referenced a few pages back. The scene with Bubbles walking through it was intense. 

I'm left-libertarian and generally agree with full on legalization assuming the drugs are monitored and don't get cut with nasty stuff. It boggles my mind that fellow libertarians are cool with populism (Trump OR Sanders) and how many slid so easily into fascism aka authoritarianism.

8 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Hamsterdam, which I referenced a few pages back. The scene with Bubbles walking through it was intense. 

I'm left-libertarian and generally agree with full on legalization assuming the drugs are monitored and don't get cut with nasty stuff. It boggles my mind that fellow libertarians are cool with populism (Trump OR Sanders) and how many slid so easily into fascism aka authoritarianism.

Genuinely curious as I’ve always viewed my political stance as somewhat right-libertarian though not extremely so. As a left libertarian what is your stance on personal property rights?

10 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Feel free to cite actual characters, situations, and topics from the show. The Wire was the greatest show ever made, and I considered using it as a paper topic in academia. Love to discuss it with anyone, anytime.

This reminds me of where random people try to ask someone if they have actually seen The Wire. And then that someone happens to be David Simon.

While I wouldn't say I agree with all of his views, Simon has been pretty clear that the premise and point of The Wire is not in line with the points Goon is trying to make. Plenty of articles out there about it.

9 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Trump’s backstory one of unbelievable silver-spoons privilege, shady dealings, womanizing, a gazillion lawsuits, trash reality TV.     What, people think a tiger changes stripes the second it gets into office?  Get real folks.    

Lucky for Donald, he's had the luxury of throwing money at every problem he’s ever encountered his entire existence.  People don't learn life lessons that way though.  But I suppose one doesn't need to when you're as privileged as Trump is.  

You bring up a very important point, one which should get a lot more publicity. 

Now as President, he seems to be giving warnings on the next assult. Sure seems to be dropping lots of hits on mail in ballots and the Post Office.

Sore loser mentality.

10 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Trump's hush money.    Remember that stuff?
Trump in over his head.   You've heard that?
Trump lies more than his buddy Putin, You still a believer bud?

Biden spent like 40 years lying about how his wife died. Lied about his grades. Lied about his law school performance. Lied about being arrested with Nelson Mandela. 

For every dumb thing Trump lies about....which there are many, Biden has lied too. Its pretty impressive actually lol. Both have little or no shame.

I'm not a believer in Donald Trump. Dude is a clown, but he hasn't governed as a Democrat and I'm fairly confident he is at least aware of his surroundings for the most part, can't say the same about Mr. Biden.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Genuinely curious as I’ve always viewed my political stance as somewhat right-libertarian though not extremely so. As a left libertarian what is your stance on personal property rights?

As long as it doesn't infringe upon patents/copyrights/etc and isn't harmful to others (which is subjective), it should be allowed. Also, minimize environmental degradation, but not with bureaucracy.

My grandparents' former homestead in Western ND was used by some Texas fly by night scum to dump their hazardous waste on their way out of town. Crucify those bastards.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Biden spent like 40 years lying about how his wife died. Lied about his grades. Lied about his law school performance. Lied about being arrested with Nelson Mandela. 

For every dumb thing Trump lies about....which there are many, Biden has lied too. Its pretty impressive actually lol. Both have little or no shame.

I'm not a believer in Donald Trump. Dude is a clown, but he hasn't governed as a Democrat and I'm fairly confident he is at least aware of his surroundings for the most part, can't say the same about Mr. Biden.

I'm fairly confident he is at least aware of his surroundings for the most part, oh how about foreign policy? Miles ahead of Trump. 
Right now the offie of the Presidency needs a respecrtful leader for the people, not a lawyered up clown for himself.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

This reminds me of where people try to ask someone if they have actually seen The Wire. And then that someone happens to be David Simon. And while I wouldn't say I agree with all of his views, Simon has been pretty clear that the premise and point of The Wire is not in line with the points Goon is trying to make. Feel free to google some of the many articles out there that address it.

Haha, I hadn't seen the first one. He's kinda gone off the deep end, but it doesn't change what he created. Someone should explain to him that addressing everyone who disagrees with you online is not a good use of time.

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'm fairly confident he is at least aware of his surroundings for the most part, oh how about foreign policy? Miles ahead of Trump. 
Right now the offie of the Presidency needs a respecrtful leader for the people, not a lawyered up clown for himself.

Joe Biden is famous for almost always being wrong about foreign policy lol.

Didn't want to get Bin Laden, soft on China, I mean dude, you can say "I'm gonna vote for Biden" without making up qualifications on his behalf, that's his job to lie about lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Have you ever posted on here that you can be found at the Ralph wearing a MAGA hat? My recollection is that you did, but it may have been John W.

Based on Johnboy's posting on this site, he'd probably do it just to troll some folks.

3 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Have you ever posted on here that you can be found at the Ralph wearing a MAGA hat? My recollection is that you did, but it may have been John W.

I have a MAGA hat. One need not believe Donald Trump is some sort of messiah in order to wear a baller hat. 

TheHill.com

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a fierce ally of President Trump, praised Jill Biden's speech about her husband, presumptive presidential nominee Joe Biden, Tuesday night at the Democratic National Convention, calling her an "outstanding person."

"Tonight, Jill Biden did a very good job representing herself and Joe in the causes they believe in," Graham wrote on Twitter.

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

TheHill.com

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a fierce ally of President Trump, praised Jill Biden's speech about her husband, presumptive presidential nominee Joe Biden, Tuesday night at the Democratic National Convention, calling her an "outstanding person."

"Tonight, Jill Biden did a very good job representing herself and Joe in the causes they believe in," Graham wrote on Twitter.

Good to see a politician acting like an adult.

• Upvote 1

Biden did an interview with Cardi B.  He wants her to call him Joey B.  One of the only "interviews" he's done.  Why?  Your guess is as good as mine, but maybe they were celebrating the latest song (for lack of a better word) she released?  Dems are absolutely praising her and this song.   WAP  I'm not going to post the meaning of that, nor will I post the lyrics.  Leave it to the dems to adore this song degrading women, but released by a woman so it's OK I guess.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Joe Biden is famous for almost always being wrong about foreign policy lol.

Didn't want to get Bin Laden, soft on China, I mean dude, you can say "I'm gonna vote for Biden" without making up qualifications on his behalf, that's his job to lie about lol

He does know how to launder U. S. taxpayer money(aka foreign aid) though.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Biden did an interview with Cardi B.  He wants her to call him Joey B.  One of the only "interviews" he's done.  Why?  Your guess is as good as mine, but maybe they were celebrating the latest song (for lack of a better word) she released?  Dems are absolutely praising her and this song.   WAP  I'm not going to post the meaning of that, nor will I post the lyrics.  Leave it to the dems to adore this song degrading women, but released by a woman so it's OK I guess.

Ben Shapiro ranting about the song and making it clear he's never gotten a woman wet before was pretty hilarious.

3 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Ben Shapiro ranting about the song and making it clear he's never gotten a woman wet before was pretty hilarious.

Yeah the kind of song you want your kids listening to but the dems have no problem with it. I’d say unbelievable but it isn’t considering the party 

30 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

i just read the lyrics...WTF!?  i just dont get the left, it is all do as i say not as i do with them.  if a country singer had put out the same trash(not that they ever would) the whole left would probably call for the death penalty by public hanging.  hypocrits

• Upvote 1