SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That was last week. Iron Mike Tyson swam with a shark. 

I don't know, I am just going one what I read. Maybe she's confused?

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was caught on a “hot mic” Monday mouthing an expletive and referencing Discovery Channel’s annual special “Shark Week” seconds before her speech was broadcast live on the first day of the Democratic National Convention.

"It's not just Shark Week ... it's Shark Week mother f---er,” Whitmer says, mouthing the expletive, making it barely audible. She draws laughter from those in the room before adding, “I have learned about the hot mic.”

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I have concerns with some of the poicies (always had with all P's), but I can't cast that same vote again this time.

Voted Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party in 2016 as he was definitely more of a Libertarian than Gary Johnson who was also too squirrely for me to support.

Still exploring the 2020 Libertarian Candidate....if I do vote for a Jo in this election it will be the one without an e.

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I have concerns with some of the poicies (always had with all P's), but I can't cast that same vote again this time.

That what's mind-bobbling about Trump.  His act is wearing thin on everybody (not named his base supporters); yet he doesn’t have the self-awareness to tone it down; even insofar that he's forcing many traditional Republicans to at least contemplate voting Democrat just this once.  He's his own worst enemy and he's too stupid to realize it.    

21 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That what's mind-bobbling about Trump.  His act is wearing thin on everybody (not named his base supporters); yet he doesn’t have the self-awareness to tone it down; even insofar that he's forcing many traditional Republicans to at least contemplate voting Democrat just this once.  He's his own worst enemy and he's too stupid to realize it.   

Reminds me of an old one I heard when Trump started politicalling.

image.png.f953895c1fb01310a6818f25f968a1dc.png

4 hours ago, petey23 said:

Voted Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party in 2016 as he was definitely more of a Libertarian than Gary Johnson who was also too squirrely for me to support.

Still exploring the 2020 Libertarian Candidate....if I do vote for a Jo in this election it will be the one without an e.

The problem with the Jo without the e is she can't beat Trump.

38 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Reminds me of an old one I heard when Trump started politicalling.

image.png.f953895c1fb01310a6818f25f968a1dc.png

It goes a long way in explaining why Trumps PR people are in a tough situation.     

They’re caught between a rock and a hard place considering Trump's personality and the current state of the country.  They've been reduced to throwing the "democrats will kill you - don't vote Biden" talking point at the wall 100mph with very little content regarding what Trump has achieved for the nation the past 4 years.   I don't recall any past incumbent's PR machine doing that to this level before.   

Sh!t, you see it on this board every second.:D

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It goes a long way in explaining why Trumps PR people are in a tough situation.     

They’re caught between a rock and a hard place considering Trump's personality and the current state of the country.  They've been reduced to throwing the "democrats will kill you - don't vote Biden" talking point at the wall 100mph with very little content regarding what Trump has achieved for the nation the past 4 years.   I don't recall any past incumbent's PR machine doing that to this level before.   

Sh!t, you see it on this board every second.:D

If Biden decides to debate I think Trump will be ok   Biden’s platform is partly what got trump elected to begin with    

Headed by the Republicans. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/politics/senate-intelligence-report-russia-2020/index.html

"The threat is ongoing," Republican Sen. Richard Burr, who chaired much of the committee's investigation, said in a statement Tuesday. "My hope is that this report and the Committee's work will provide the American people with more insight into the threats facing our nation and the steps necessary to stop them."m

CNN

South Dakota Department of Transportation officials tracked over 462,000 vehicles entering Sturgis during the rally, according to CNN affiliate KDLT/KSFY. That total is a 7.5% decline from the previous year but still represents one of the largest gatherings since the coronavirus pandemic began.

10 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Headed by the Republicans. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/politics/senate-intelligence-report-russia-2020/index.html

"The threat is ongoing," Republican Sen. Richard Burr, who chaired much of the committee's investigation, said in a statement Tuesday. "My hope is that this report and the Committee's work will provide the American people with more insight into the threats facing our nation and the steps necessary to stop them."m

So Russia has tried to influence elections since they became USSR.  So have other countries.

45 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

So Russia has tried to influence elections since they became USSR.  So have other countries.

And China and North Korea and many others.

We have done the same in countries all over the World....probably more effectively.

Russia's biggest goal was to create dissension and  mistrust and cast doubt on our election system. if only there was a some way they could get someone or maybe a group of people with access to what Americans watch and read and spread misinformation and conspiracy theories to aid in their efforts. Crazy talk, that would never work.

Covishield update: Oxford COVID-19 vaccine likely to be the first shot for Indians, says report

New Delhi: A promising experimental coronavirus vaccine developed by the University of Oxford may be the first shot available for Indians by the end of this year if trials succeed, according to report. The Serum Institute of India (SII) is starting the phase 2 clinical trials of the vaccine candidate ChAdOx1, dubbed Covishield in India, at two institutes - KEM and Nair hospitals - in Mumbai this week.

Researchers at the Oxford’s Jenner Institute and Oxford Vaccine Group have been at the forefront of scientific endeavour to develop a safe and effective vaccine against COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus or SARS-CoV-2.  The ChAdOx1 vaccine, a chimpanzee adenovirus vaccine vector, is considered as one of the most promising candidates against COVID-19.

Preliminary results of the phase 1 and 2 trials showed that the vaccine induces strong immune response with no safety concerns. The researchers observed that the vaccine provoked a T-cell response (within 14 days of vaccination) and an antibody response (within 28 days). The advanced phases of trials - phase 2 and 3 - of the vaccine are being held research facilities across the UK, US, Brazil and South Africa.

----snip----

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It's your right to boycott, go crazy. 

But I thought the Trump people hated cancel culture.  What gives?  

When the playing field changes you have to change with it.  Looks like Goodyear fired the first salvo in trying to curry favor.

11 minutes ago, petey23 said:

And China and North Korea and many others.

We have done the same in countries all over the World....probably more effectively.

Russia's biggest goal was to create dissension and  mistrust and cast doubt on our election system. if only there was a some way they could get someone or maybe a group of people with access to what Americans watch and read and spread misinformation and conspiracy theories to aid in their efforts. Crazy talk, that would never work.

It's part of Russia's larger plan; which is (and always has been) to exploit America's divisions.  Collapse the house from within. 

They have a long, long history of covertly stoking disagreement and division of opposing competing social entities.  

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It's part of Russia's larger plan; which is (and always has been) to exploit America's divisions.  Collapse the house from within. 

They have a long, long history of covertly stoking disagreement and division of opposing competing social entities.  

But, before Trump, no one has encouraged them while running for office.  That's a best case scenario. 

However, there is collusion between his campaign and Russia. 

Now, watch the cult scream that there wasn't.  Then, later, they'll just claim it is not that big of a deal that it happened. 

It just proves they hate our democracy and constitution.