SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Should have stated 83 positives out of 2892 tested so far in ND

Stated that the most recent 1day testing the # tested was 185/in that same NDHD report 15 had been tested positive.  (8.150)

Check out RP's (Minot) chart.

9 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Flu killed 24k so far this year......and that's with many people taking flu shots......so remind me again...why did the US shut everything down over corona?  https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/New-flu-cases-drop-death-toll-tops-24K-569162801.html

Blame it on the deep state and the democrat’s New hoax to impeach the president.

While we are it it, we should probably notify the hospitals to cancel their massive ppe and ventilator orders.

28 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Flu killed 24k so far this year......and that's with many people taking flu shots......so remind me again...why did the US shut everything down over corona?  https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/New-flu-cases-drop-death-toll-tops-24K-569162801.html

Because conservatively 478,000 more americans are going to die from the Corona in the next two to six months.

58 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

When was the last time the flu killed 400 Americans in a single day?   

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

The flu is an evil we know and have known for a century. We studied it heavily. We can account for it. We have hospital rooms available, doctors designated and trained for it. We have medicine that can be distributed to those who need it that we are confident will help with the situation and shots for help prevent it. The onset of the flu is seasonal, which is a major reason why during the winter majority of school systems shut down in the winter for a few weeks to limit spread of it. We know new viruses spread through the population exponentially so the goal is to limit how fast it grows exponentially. Corona is looking to be about 10 times more deadly than the common flu with today's stats and that is with all of shutdown measures in place. This is the kill-rate with us knowing very little about the virus. Eventually, it will likely be on the same level as the flu. However, this is all speculation, and it could indeed be much, much worse without proper procedures in place/controlling the spread (see Italy). 

19 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

When was the last time the flu killed 400 Americans in a single day?   

A number of days this flu season. CDC estimated deaths this season is 24-62K. Median total is 43K. Flu season is 13-15 weeks.15 is 105 days. 43K divided by 105 is......on average 409 per day. It happens often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Blame it on the deep state and the democrat’s New hoax to impeach the president.

While we are it it, we should probably notify the hospitals to cancel their massive ppe and ventilator orders.

Finally, you’re catching on. 

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

A number of days this flu season. CDC estimated deaths this season is 24-62K. Median total is 43K. Flu season is 13-15 weeks.15 is 105 days. 43K divided by 105 is......on average 409 per day. 

FACTS NOT FEAR

22 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Honestly, I haven’t heard about any significant shortage in CA at the moment...and I would hear directly.  Projections for possibly...hence the production ramp up. AND not every person in care delivery needs full Coronavirus gear...

this has become so political, everybody has their wants, needs and wishlists...

im not watching any “news” media. It’s all complete garbage.  Absolute and complete.

Oh, and we have the most advanced healthcare on the planet.  We don’t stock up with tons of bio hazard gear, because we are the first world.

After that photo came out the New York Governor and NYC Mayor said they have enough PPE.

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

lets say you had the rona two weeks ago and didn't know it and showed no symptoms and you were tested today what would your test show/say?

There are not enough data to know right now, there are likely some people who will still test positive weeks after having their acute symptoms. Whether those people are infectious or not at that point is also not well known. Antibody testing should be helpful in evaluating people for past infection. I'm anxiously awaiting antibody testing. I think it's possible I had it back in early February after air travel to and from Florida. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

So you naturally relate that story to Trump.  Get help.

He's your quintessential Never Trumper.

He's got a huge poster of Alyssa Milano stapled to his ceiling above his bed.

• Like 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic