SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Based on that model and the current death rate of 1.8% that is roughly 2700 deaths in ND over the 18 month span.

25 obits in Forum today. Say 20 deaths a day in this area and that's over 7000 in a year.......just in this area. Not the entire state. 

I think most reasonable ND residents will give this 3-4 more weeks tops of sitting at home doing nothing, not working before they say we need to get back to living.

42 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

We have 275 or so vents.

If we flatten the curve to spread this out perfectly......

150k infected over 18 months = 8333 infected per month.

If 1 in 5 require hospitalization that means 1666 hospitalized per month

If 1 in 5 hospitalized require ICU that’s 333 ICU beds per month and we are short on vents.

Lets hope that model is high but I’ve seen many say that 60-80% could be infected over 18 months. And we haven’t proven that we can flatten the curve yet. 

One model has the total infected at 60k.   right now the models mean squat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

ND will likely end up with 163 coronavirus deaths when it's basically over the beginning of August.

Total COVID-19 deaths projected to August 4, 2020 in North Dakota

163COVID-19 deaths

SAFER AT HOME!  

So let's say 2700 are going to pass away from this virus over 18 months.......but Burgum ended up flipping the lives of around 117k students K-12 upside down for how long??? He better see the big picture pretty soon.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

So let's say 2700 are going to pass away from this virus over 18 months.......but Burgum ended up flipping the lives of around 117k students K-12 upside down for how long??? He better see the big picture pretty soon.

Yeah, he's totally on an island with how extreme he's been with the decisions he's made...

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Yeah, he's totally on an island with how extreme he's been with the decisions he's made...

Kind of irrelevant now that we are locked into another 30+ days of federal "slow the spread" guidelines but I appreciate you checking in.

Pop back in here on April 30.......we can count up all the businesses and restaurants locally that go under.

24 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Kind of irrelevant now that we are locked into another 30+ days of federal "slow the spread" guidelines but I appreciate you checking in.

Pop back in here on April 30.......we can count up all the businesses and restaurants locally that go under.

Well, on the plus side, when you and the family are finally able to take that east coast trip you have always talked about, the Kennedy Center will be open!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I heard the remaining Forever 21’s are thinking of rebranding and becoming Covid 19’s.  

After this story was originally written and published for Sunday's print edition, state Adjutant General Alan Dohrmann on Saturday revealed new numbers for North Dakota's ventilator and hospital bed capacity. Dohrmann said there are now 408 ventilators ready to be used in the state — higher than state data indicated late last week.

• Upvote 2

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic