SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

24 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Hot take: Trump is going to win in a landslide. Minnesota might actually vote red for the first time since 1972. 

Also, I am not going to debate you if this post hurt your feelings. This is what I believe and we will find out if I was right or wrong in November.

Rep. Will flip a senate and house seat as well in MN.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Rep. Will flip a senate and house seat as well in MN.   

I'll buy the house (7th district, but Peterson will be a tough out.  1st could be in play for the Ds but the Rs should hold the 6th and 8th easy)

not sure on Senate. If they had asked Stauber to run against Smith I would have said yes. 

11 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'll buy the house (7th district, but Peterson will be a tough out.  1st could be in play for the Ds but the Rs should hold the 6th and 8th easy)

not sure on Senate. If they had asked Stauber to run against Smith I would have said yes. 

This. Peterson is a lose.  He can't thank Pelosi.

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Quit exaggerating.

When the idiots focus their rioting attention at federal buildings, these buildings end up being protected for the most part.   I mean ‘evil left-wing’ Gov. Evers called up the national guard days ago. All gov. buildings are protected in Kenosha.  Violence is almost always focused inward (businesses and cars burned).  

After 80+ days? Well there’s some good news on the rioting and looting front. Even though our left-leaning friends say it’s a myth or over blown. I bet these 74 suspects will disagree when the feel they full force of justice. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I am not so sure on that. I’d love to see it, but I am not that confident. Minnesota is still pretty blue. 

So what's up with these stories I keep hearing from around GF about people who registered to get tested, never went, yet received calls saying that they tested positive?  One time seemed like a fluke, but now I've heard of more instances, and from different sources and effecting several people.  So dumb and confusing and stuff like that casts a shadow of doubt over all the testing.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, SIOUXpucks said:

So what's up with these stories I keep hearing from around GF about people who registered to get tested, never went, yet received calls saying that they tested positive?  One time seemed like a fluke, but now I've heard of more instances, and from different sources and effecting several people.  So dumb and confusing and stuff like that casts a shadow of doubt over all the testing.

I'd assume it's multiple people simply repeating the story that came out of Florida or wherever months ago. 

There are also multiple scams going on nationwide where they call to tell you you're positive or have been in close contact with a positive and they need your credit card to send you treatment or a test. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SIOUXpucks said:

I’ve heard that story once or twice here, too. 

58 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

What percentage are being shot by racist police?

You're missing the forest for the trees.

Police shootings are the focal/rallying-points for the overall rage at the daily biased policing in these people's lives.  These shootings don't exist in a vacuum.  Nobody's gonna protest if the police did their jobs 99.9% of the time but screwed up once in a while, that happens everywhere.  Not in the inner city. 

I understand that dark people rioting scares the whites; but we need to treat the disease, not the symptom.  Pardon the language, but this tweet says it all.  

Just now, UNDlaw80 said:

I'm not missing anything. I didn't say people shouldn't be upset about police killings. I'm trying to point out for you why something that only directly affects a tiny fraction of a percentage of people causes others to be upset when they hear about it. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Police shootings are the focal/rallying-points for the overall rage at the daily biased policing in these people's lives.  These shootings don't exist in a vacuum.  Nobody's gonna protest if the police did their jobs 99.9% of the time but screwed up once in a while, that happens everywhere. 

I understand that dark people rioting scares the whites; but we need to treat the disease, not the symptom.  Pardon the language, but this tweet says it all.  

Why the unnecessary race reference in your post? As if black people and people of color aren’t disturbed by watching riots unfold in their cities.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

A quick shot of reality for some privileged Trump supporters. Welcome back to the real world!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Police shootings are the focal/rallying-points for the overall rage at the daily biased policing in these people's lives.  These shootings don't exist in a vacuum.  Nobody's gonna protest if the police did their jobs 99.9% of the time but screwed up once in a while, that happens everywhere.  Not in the inner city. 

Perhaps because for the most part the Fire Department is not trying to stop or prevent an act that the individual does not see as wrong (ie.  drugs).  So much of this chaos boils down to a lack of respect, both given and earned.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'm not missing anything. I didn't say people shouldn't be upset about police killings. I'm trying to point out for you why something that only directly affects a tiny fraction of a percentage of people causes others to be upset when they hear about it. 

Because, as I pointed out, all this anger isn't innately about the shootings.  The reasons people are protesting affects a large portion of the country.  Unlike Trump who is focusing in the symptom (which affects few people), the disease affects many.  

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Perhaps because for the most part the Fire Department is not trying to stop or prevent an act that the individual does not see as wrong (ie.  drugs).  So much of this chaos boils down to a lack of respect, both given and earned.

We can get into excuses all we want.   The fire Dept. does their job.  The police?...not so much.    The police are nothing more than public functionaries.  Do your job, you earn respect.   

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, Right-Wing Political Correctness is on full display.  Any negative talk of police, the flag, military, patriotism is met with negativity.....usually encompassing a large undercurrent that promotes adherence to authority.  

The flip flopping is great.   Hopeful debates happen.  Two weeks ago- Biden/Harris- 90 day mask mandate should happen. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/face-mask-mandate-joe-biden-kamala-harris-three-month-nationwide/

Today- Harris laughs, no one would be punished if they don’t follow our mandate. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/kamala-harris-says-nobodys-gonna-be-punished-if-nationwide-mask-mandate-goes-into-effect-2020-08-28?siteid=yhoof2

So basically- follow what Trump has said.  

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

We can get into excuses all we want.   The fire Dept. does there job.  The police?...not so much.    The police are nothing more than public functionaries.  Do your job, you earn respect.   

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, Right-Wing Political Correctness is on full display.  Any negative talk of police, the flag, military, patriotism is met with a barrage of negativity.....usually encompassing a large undercurrent that promotes adherence to authority.  

Your perspective on police is disturbing. Firefighters, heroes in their own right, don’t have 1/10th the danger and criticism on the job that police do. Firefighters show up and fight a faceless, nameless enemy that has zero grey area. Everyone agrees fires are bad and needs to be dealt with. Police do not.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

We can get into excuses all we want.   The fire Dept. does there job.  The police?...not so much.    The police are nothing more than public functionaries.  Do your job, you earn respect.   

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, Right-Wing Political Correctness is on full display.  Any negative talk of police, the flag, military, patriotism is met with negativity.....usually encompassing a large undercurrent that promotes adherence to authority.  

You've said some dumb s#$@ but this is right up there.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Your perspective on police is disturbing. Firefighters, heroes in their own right, don’t have 1/10th the danger and criticism on the job that police do. Firefighters show up and fight a faceless, nameless enemy that has zero grey area. Everyone agrees fires are bad and needs to be dealt with. Police do not.

What are you talking about?  Few people are criticizing the individual policeman per say.  They do have difficult jobs.   These protests are against the institution of policing and a need for a complete overhaul because a) they're not effective b) many have shown themselves to be biased and not trustworthy in policing themselves.            

8 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

So, shoot him 7 times in the back even before he takes possession of the knife.

The cult takes gaslighting to a new level.  

He had already fought with the officers. He had already been tazed. He is going for a deadly weapon and you are going to let him?????? JFC

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

If you you feel that the wait is too long and I don't comply, will you shoot me in the back 7 times?

While you are bending over to get a deadly weapon???  YES!!!!!  You keep shooting until the threat is neutralized.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The split second decisions they need to make are vastly different.  The police are in an absolutely no win situation.  The video posted with the stopped motorist shooting at the officers is illustrative.  If they had used a gun instead of a taser there would be riots in the current environment, although the shooting would be considered appropriate.

In the last few months the police deaths outnumber the “bad shootings.”  

What is an officer to do when a known violent offender is resisting arrest and activity trying to get into/reach into a vehicle for an unknown reason?  

I’m glad I’m not in their shoes.  Personally, I’m a big fan of when in doubt tase the guy before things get out of hand, although there can be bad outcomes on both sides using that approach as well.  Easiest solution is to comply and avoid the whole situation to begin with.