SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Omaha. The Saturday don't get swept edition.

Wilbur

Let me start by saying I hope Saville is okay and I do believe it should have been a goalie interference call (even though I don’t think it was fully intentional). But the sales jobs tonight especially when it was their own defensemen’s stick was just a great example of Omaha’s  good sportsmanship and commitment to playing the right way. :wink:  “The trainer is sure getting a workout early...”. 

5 minutes ago, TNF said:

Let me start by saying I hope Saville is okay and I do believe it should have been a goalie interference call (even though I don’t think it was fully intentional). But the sales jobs tonight especially when it was their own defensemen’s stick was just a great example of Omaha’s  good sportsmanship and commitment to playing the right way. :wink:  “The trainer is sure getting a workout early...”. 

Their fans were going crazy on twitter and then one of them said "unfortunately it was a UNO stick that took him out".
Haha, oops.  :D 

1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

What class UNO, coaches didn’t come out for the hand shake. 

a bonus no fish tonight. 

And the only goal horn all night was after the handshake line when the Mavs did the Traditional Cirle of Jerks/Sticks for their fans.:)

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Well. That’s literally what he said. They wanted to shake hands but Omaha refused. 

Also followed up by saying their coach refused to come to the fan luncheon in GF. 

Maybe because they were serving Corona with Lymes at the luncheon?  I'll show myself to the door...

Nice bounce back by the Sioux. As far as I’m concerned Thome has earned the spot going forward which is not something I would have predicted earlier in the season. Scheel is really good, but Thome is the man right now! Scheel needs to stay ready.

hopefully Kawaguchi is back soon and continues his work towards the Hobey.

much more to come for this team!

8 hours ago, Cratter said:

That gives me an idea.

Mini Penrose Cups sold on nchchockey.com so us common folk can celebrate.

8 hours ago, Cratter said:

That gives me an idea.

Mini Penrose Cups sold on nchchockey.com so us common folk can celebrate.

Or maybe Penrose shot glasses!

9 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

What was the deal with the Mav coaches? No handshake? What could their gripe be?

Berry said that they refused to shake hands post-game. Here's the Omaha coach's whine feast. 

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Did the kid that got high sticked by his own teammate get a concussion?  

If I recall things correctly, it was a rough game for that goalie.  First he gets high sticked through his helmet by his own teammate.  Then later another teammate plows a UND player into him, causing his head to hit the pipe.   If anyone wanted to skip handshakes it should've been the goalie with his own teammates.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Berry said that they refused to shake hands post-game. Here's the Omaha coach's whine feast. 

Comical that first he said how they played 3 games against us and had 3 guys with concussions but then a moment later he said how they had played 4 games and had 4 concussions. It’s absolutely embarrassing that his team would play the way it did over the weekend (non stop headlocks and third guy in on every post whistle skirmish). If they watch video and don’t see how silly they look then it’s no surprise that they can’t get anything out of video sessions to improve their play either. Chumps. 

• Upvote 1