SiouxSports.com Forum

WMU @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

4 hours ago, burd said:

It wouldn't matter if they were playing the Wuhan Warriors; it's a hoax. 

Tell that to the Swiss Hockey League where they'll play the playoffs in empty arenas, or the city of Venice which is a ghost town, or literally anyone here in a town with at least one infected person.

Only in the US could a deadly virus be considered a hoax...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Tell that to the Swiss Hockey League where they'll play the playoffs in empty arenas, or the city of Venice which is a ghost town, or literally anyone here in a town with at least one infected person.

Like burd said, it's a hoax to see how gullible people are. The flu kills tens of thousands each year, but no one is being quarantined for that. And if this "coronavirus" was so contagious, all the passengers on that Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan, all berthed & mingling in tight quarters with poor air circulation, would have been infected. But they weren't. The government solution -- being quarantined against one's will, with possible forced vaccinations down the pipeline & restricting one's right to freely travel--is far worse than the manufactured problem. It's a beta test, or dry run, to see how many people buy into the state narrative. 

I apologize for posting this in a game thread, & nothing personal against southpaw at all, but patent nonsense should always be countered. I will say no more here, & southpaw can always DM me.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, .357 said:

Like burd said, it's a hoax to see how gullible people are. The flu kills tens of thousands each year, but no one is being quarantined for that. And if this "coronavirus" was so contagious, all the passengers on that Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan, all berthed & mingling in tight quarters with poor air circulation, would have been infected. But they weren't. The government solution -- being quarantined against one's will, with possible forced vaccinations down the pipeline & restricting one's right to freely travel--is far worse than the manufactured problem. It's a beta test, or dry run, to see how many people buy into the state narrative. 

I apologize for posting this in a game thread, & nothing personal against southpaw at all, but patent nonsense should always be countered. I will say no more here, & southpaw can always DM me.

This.......^^^^. What is going on in the media is nothing sort of being alarmists. Ebola was/is much more deadly and that was supposed to wipe us all out too...... prior to the 12 years we all have left to live. Anyone reading this needs to fully understand they will have the same potential mortality rate with the coronavirus as they would with influenza if you were to contract either. Your greater mortality concern in the US without question is not the coronavirus but influenza, getting in a car accident, choking on a piece of steak or a shark attack. Coronavirus is way down on the list as now.

BTW good to see the Swiss finally take a stand on something.......even if they had to consult Greta first.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

Coming to a Swiss league game near you

image.png.408f2a7c841a262df328d610a9dc5fc5.png

• Upvote 2

Back to hockey.....the 8 21 28 line was one of our 2 best lines thru 40 minutes yet the bench was shortened in the 3rd in favor of 5 9 19.

21 earned more ice time IMO.  Did Yon even see the ice as the extra? I don't recall seeing him out there. If Johnny is the 7th Dman he needs to be the extra skater. 

I'm hopeful we see Pinto in a UND jersey one more year. He's that good already. 

My first star was Scheel. He was terrific. Considering he had struggled to stop much of anything after the break last night was something he needed. Kudos to him.  

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

You start to get old and realize every few years theres a new "epidemic" that's going to kill us all.

Coronavirus = Sars 2.0

Oh and dont forget about Zika!

Are you posting from the grave?

I apologize for bringing what ended up being a political post to a hockey thread.   I was trying to use a little humor.   We have generally done a good job of keeping these threads relatively politics-free, and while political discussions are interesting and beneficial, I like being involved with you guys in a hockey discussion which, while it has its own tension at times, is free from the intense partisanship that political discussions have come to involve.  

My bad.

Back to hockey.  Tonight:   Eleventy billion to 1, WMU.   We score one with the goalie pulled just before the end of the first.     

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Back to hockey.....the 8 21 28 line was one of our 2 best lines thru 40 minutes yet the bench was shortened in the 3rd in favor of 5 9 19.

21 earned more ice time IMO.  Did Yon even see the ice as the extra? I don't recall seeing him out there. If Johnny is the 7th Dman he needs to be the extra skater. 

I'm hopeful we see Pinto in a UND jersey one more year. He's that good already. 

My first star was Scheel. He was terrific. Considering he had struggled to stop much of anything after the break last night was something he needed. Kudos to him.  

I thought 5-19-9 were mostly brutal last night. 

I also didn’t see Yon out there once. 

My opinion has always been we should always roll 7 D if all healthy. If we are going to be using an extra forward, he better be playing or it’s a waste.  

1 minute ago, neoflex said:

Any official word from the referees on the overturned goal? I'm curious as to what they saw.

Yeah- I’m sure the cited goaltender interference, but Adams and the tendy have equal right to a loose puck there. That tendy flopped and sold it.  Sick play by Collin regardless.  

22 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Yeah- I’m sure the cited goaltender interference, but Adams and the tendy have equal right to a loose puck there. That tendy flopped and sold it.  Sick play by Collin regardless.  

When did college hockey players start flopping to initiate penalty calls?

Hope that goalie is okay, from the replay I couldn't tell where he got his bell rung, but I guess he did.