SiouxSports.com Forum

WMU @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

When did college hockey players start flopping to initiate penalty calls?

Hope that goalie is okay, from the replay I couldn't tell where he got his bell rung, but I guess he did. 

Only thing I could see is that his head mighta hit Collin’s skate??  It’s at the top of the crease, goalie dives forward causing the contact.  I dont agree with the call.  Adams is clearly not crashing, but rather creating.  

Pinto “shouldn’t” go anywhere after this year. Should play one more year. Yes, he’s that good and could move on. Ottawa isn’t going to be that much better next year though. Might as well enjoy college and develop for another year, compete for a national championship. Don’t see him leaving, but I’m not him nor his advisors. 

This current team will lose some role players in Smith and Peski...WM and Poolman will be a tough loss. JBD and Mk are probably gone, (granted, maybe one stays, doubtful, though).

With that said, next years team is gonna be damn good too! UND fans need to enjoy this year and next. Hopefully can get 1 Natty during that stretch. 

Some tremendous D players coming in. And if you look in the USHL for overall goals scored currently, that leader is a UND recruit coming in next year. Hopefully, that player has a better transition to college scoring than Collin Adams. Took Adams this year to really find himself. 

Who are the possible forwards coming in next year, again?

29 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Pinto “shouldn’t” go anywhere after this year. Should play one more year. Yes, he’s that good and could move on. Ottawa isn’t going to be that much better next year though. Might as well enjoy college and develop for another year, compete for a national championship. Don’t see him leaving, but I’m not him nor his advisors. 

This current team will lose some role players in Smith and Peski...WM and Poolman will be a tough loss. JBD and Mk are probably gone, (granted, maybe one stays, doubtful, though).

With that said, next years team is gonna be damn good too! UND fans need to enjoy this year and next. Hopefully can get 1 Natty during that stretch. 

Some tremendous D players coming in. And if you look in the USHL for overall goals scored currently, that leader is a UND recruit coming in next year. Hopefully, that player has a better transition to college scoring than Collin Adams. Took Adams this year to really find himself. 

Who are the possible forwards coming in next year, again?

If we lose four defensemen off this year’s team there will be a big learning curve next year, even with the talent level.  Look at Minnesota with Lacombe and Johnson, talented players, but still have some growing pains.

Forwards coming in will most likely be Rizzo, Budy, Ness, and Gaber, and then have to figure out who else is ready between Portz, Bowen, and Halliday.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Hope that goalie is okay, from the replay I couldn't tell where he got his bell rung, but I guess he did. 

Good sentiment, Wilbur.  But I gotta ask:  how do you test goalies for concussion?  I mean, they're goalies . . .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, burd said:

Good sentiment, Wilbur.  But I gotta ask:  how do you test goalies for concussion?  I mean, they're goalies . . .

I don't get the question....I mean how many "how many fingers" questions are we allowed to get wrong??? :lol:

8 hours ago, southpaw said:

Tell that to the Swiss Hockey League where they'll play the playoffs in empty arenas, or the city of Venice which is a ghost town, or literally anyone here in a town with at least one infected person.

Only in the US could a deadly virus be considered a hoax...

It is the hopeful, breathless reporting that is the hoax. The Virus is real. Our Governments handling of it is what is being misreported. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I don't get the question....I mean how many "how many fingers" questions are we allowed to get wrong??? :lol:

Well, there is the visual perception component, and there is the ability to count . . .

We know goalies never count beyond 0, even if the rest of us can agree on 4.