SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs DU....Saturday Edition

Oxbow6

29 minutes ago, burd said:

Interesting.  Are you close to the players, so you feel comfortable saying how they feel about it.  

I frankly like it that Thome takes ownership of what goes on in his crease area.   It's his domain, and I'm guessing his teammates are good with how he manages it, including those he held back.  Just a guess.   I don't know any of those guys. 

Nope not close with any of the players just going off how I’d feel and a couple reactions. Saw a couple guys last night trying to pull his arm off and then giving him a look like come on man last night.

6 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Nope not close with any of the players just going off how I’d feel and a couple reactions. Saw a couple guys last night trying to pull his arm off and then giving him a look like come on man last night.

Could be.  If the opposing team has been abusing the goalie (outside the usual shyt that goes on after a freeze), then he needs to be protected.  But if that is not happening, I like it that he is trying to keep his boys out of the box.   It's usually just face-wash theatrics anyway, not real enforcement.  If he prevents a cross check minor in a close game, good for him. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MDtoGF said:

Recap and analysis of things tonight and on the weekend along with what to watch for next weekend, give it a read and let me know your thoughts! 

https://seamoresports.com/2020/02/16/fighting-hawks-earn-sweep-with-3-1-win-over-denver-now-what/

Well done! Nice to get another perspective, in addition to Schloss and everyone on here. Love reading everything Sioux.

Is there a replay link to the play Brink got hurt on, only seen the blips on CBS and I didn't think it was a penalty worthy event.  As much as poking Goon for "letting" his relative chose the dark side, sure don't want to see any injury.  Hope it all works out for Bobby and he gets back to 100%, fun kid to watch.

21 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Saturday’s game story will be in Tuesday herald, wonder why people quit getting the rag.

This.....^^^

Printed in Fargo at 5 pm with no Monday Herald paper. 

Seriously considering dropping our Forum subscription. 

46 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Is there a replay link to the play Brink got hurt on, only seen the blips on CBS and I didn't think it was a penalty worthy event.  As much as poking Goon for "letting" his relative chose the dark side, sure don't want to see any injury.  Hope it all works out for Bobby and he gets back to 100%, fun kid to watch.

https://twitter.com/RecoveringOps/status/1228559618592399360

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

If anything it's a tripping penalty.  The people out there that want a major penalty are stupid.  Brink bobbled the puck which is one of the triggers for our guys to attack on the PK.  It's not like Smith just dove at his legs to be stupid.  

Hopefully Brink is back soon. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If anything it's a tripping penalty.  The people out there that want a major penalty are stupid.  Brink bobbled the puck which is one of the triggers for our guys to attack on the PK.  It's not like Smith just dove at his legs to be stupid.  

Hopefully Brink is back soon. 

It’s actually clipping and should have been a major. But since they didn’t call the major for the elbow to the head move on. 

4 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Since the rule book says attempting to clip and missing is a minor and making contact below the knees is a major I guess your wrong. 

So if you never touch a player you can get a penalty?

You can't have a clipping penalty unless it's at or below the knees so by your definition every clip penalty would be a major.

The Rule Book followed by every decent Sioux fan I know clearly states that no UND player may be called for an infraction unless UND is up by at least 3.  Even then, it must be clearly identified as an "equalizer" penalty. 

You disagree?  Fight me.

• Upvote 1