SiouxSports.com Forum

Round 1 vs Nicholls (no bid bitching)

geaux_sioux

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND had just 42 rushing in the first half vs SUU. The game turned in the 2nd half when UND figured out how to run it more effectively. If UND can't run the ball consistently Saturday it won't turn out well.

I think Danny found a new play last week. He would use JJ as a lead blocker for Kett right up the middle. Ran it 3-4 times and got good yardage each time. Not sure if we had run that play prior to that, we might have but we ran it a number of times last week and it was successful. 

Give JJ the start as a senior but give the ball to Skokna early and often. Thunder and lightning, but I want to see more lightning early in the game.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I think Danny found a new play last week. He would use JJ as a lead blocker for Kett right up the middle. Ran it 3-4 times and got good yardage each time. Not sure if we had run that play prior to that, we might have but we ran it a number of times last week and it was successful. 

Give JJ the start as a senior but give the ball to Skokna early and often. Thunder and lightning, but I want to see more lightning early in the game.

Agree....Kett is not nimble but that play you described worked very well.

......and the more of Skonka the better

2 hours ago, northernraider said:

Anyone know when the team is actually leaving? If this storm hits as predicted, it's going to be tough leaving Thursday afternoon and Friday. 

Looks like Friday morning there is a bit of opportunity before the crap hits the fan and mother nature goes off her pills for three months.  Thursday looks okay for the most part too.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I didn't notice seeing as much of Boltmann as usual last week.  Was he limited or did I just miss him?  He did have a big catch and run for a first down in the 4th quarter.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Agree....Kett is not nimble but that play you described worked very well.

......and the more of Skonka the better

McKinney is a humble young man. Because they don't give him the respect he deserves. He makes plays with limited touches. He is the most talented player on the team. We are not in this situation without his performance against UNC. McKinney performance get swept under the rug.. 

2 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

McKinney is a humble young man. Because they don't give him the respect he deserves. He makes plays with limited touches. He is the most talented player on the team. We are not in this situation without his performance against UNC. McKinney performance get swept under the rug.. 

I disagree and I don’t think it was swept anywhere.  His injuries all year played more of a part than any lack of respect.  He got a lot of props on here.   I would love for him to stay healthy.  I think when he is, the coaching staff has shown they get him the ball.  Hopefully he is fully healthy Saturday.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RobThomas said:

McKinney is also lightning, hopefully he is healthy for this game as well. Still don’t understand why he hasn’t gotten the ball on hardly any, if any, sweeps this year. That play was so good for him last year. 

11 hours ago, homer said:

I disagree and I don’t think it was swept anywhere.  His injuries all year played more of a part than any lack of respect.  He got a lot of props on here.   I would love for him to stay healthy.  I think when he is, the coaching staff has shown they get him the ball.  Hopefully he is fully healthy Saturday.  

I agree, when healthy is a big threat.   But unfortunately he can’t stay healthy week in and week out 

16 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I've always a fan of the fake jet sweep with a speedster to hold the OLB and then power up the middle.  Running it with Kett is more effective than Brock.  Boltman could hit a homerun with it, but when the defense see its him playing QB that chance gets slimmer.  

48 minutes ago, Hawks_Win_Again said:

Yep...and Happy Thanksgiving to every Hawk and their families ❤️ ....Gettin’ excited for Saturday... ...   Big day for the program !!!

Travel safe ......

Let’s “BRING IT” men !!!!!

When is the team leaving?