SiouxSports.com Forum

Enrollment

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

16 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Sorry all!  Been out of the loop for a few days. UND's Census Day enrollment came in at 14,172 -- 296 students more than Census Day 2022, about 2.13 percent higher. Inside the numbers, UND also saw increases in new freshman, new transfers, new grad students, as well as total undergrad and total grad. 

Headcount is up.  How's FTE?

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Cook (current NDSU) has some significant issues to take on, foremost being budget shortfalls and declining enrollment. Additionally his predecessor (Bresciani) was against on-line classes so that area is presently a weakness also. 

I was thinking that Bresciani was still there.  How long has Cook been there?  Is he more likable than his predecessor or the Snake oil salesman?

UND Census Day 2023: 14,172 (+296); up about 2.13%. Increases in new freshman, new transfers, new grad students, total undergrad, and total grad. 

NDSU Census Day 2023: 11,952 (-290); down about 2.4%. New freshman down 11.9% from last year.

Congrats UND. You got after it; now keep after it. 

Disclaimer: Thanks to @Teeder11 for the raw data. I just compiled it into one post.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Looks like @nodak651 just validated @Teeder11 main numbers (11,952 and -2.4%). 

From the link, NDSU:
Freshmen 2022: 2592
Freshmen 2023: 2260 (I get -12.8%) 

I bet that NDSU shill Jerome Hadlewick is scrambling to come up with reasons why "it doesn't matter". :silly:

14 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I bet that NDSU shill Jerome Hadlewick is scrambling to come up with reasons why "it doesn't matter". :silly:

Who is this and why do we care? 

More specifically: If this is a private person I'm not comfortable pointing at them; if this is an NDSU employee or media member "doing their job" that's slightly different but still if the name isn't readily recognizable* as a public figure I'm concerned. 

*e.g. Port, McFeely, Kolpack, Dr. Cook, Dr. Armacost, use their names all day 

30 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Who is this and why do we care? 

More specifically: If this is a private person I'm not comfortable pointing at them; if this is an NDSU employee or media member "doing their job" that's slightly different but still if the name isn't readily recognizable* as a public figure I'm concerned. 

*e.g. Port, McFeely, Kolpack, Dr. Cook, Dr. Armacost, use their names all day 

That guy has written letters to the Heraldo in the past talking about how NDSU is the greatest thing since sliced bread and how UND is slowly dying alongside Grand Forks. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

Once you write letters to the editor making controversial comments, you are open to criticism.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

McFeely continues to push FBS while ignoring the fact that NDSU's enrollment is rapidly declining.. I am shocked! :0

That’s the way he can mooch off of the forum and travel on their dime

he is a few fries short of a kiddy meal